ddg.gg/lite
lite.qwant.com

redirect anons making their own threads with

Attached: sqt2.jpg (263x192, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

asus.com/us/Laptops/Eee_PC_1005HA_Seashell/
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5E67BP0094&ignorebbr=1
superuser.com/a/383180
amazon.com/Computer-Packaging-Clamshell-Container-LGA1150/dp/B01GKIQMJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533043726&sr=8-1&keywords=cpu container&dpID=41J-8dww0XL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch
mpv.io/manual/master/#protocols
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microarchitectures
c2g.com/uk/product/81227/one-lfh-59-dms-59-male-to-two-dvi-i-female-cable-22cm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

upgrade i5 3450 to 6600k change motherboard and ram for 200 buck.
yes or no ?

I'm trying to copy stuff over from a CD-RW onto a Windows 98 computer. I successful put about 50MB of files onto a freshly formatted disk but upon putting it into the Win98 computer it shows no data!

It was formatted under UDF 2.01. Is this correct?

Why doesn't my data show on the disk in Win98?

Attached: IMG_20180731_095453.jpg (1920x1080, 147K)

im fucking stupid and used a same password for every games and stuff.
I don't have any idea how my password was leaked but my e-mail is spammed about login attempts from India.

I wonder how many websites haven't informed me about this.

What can I do?

What sort of head units are my fellow Jow Forumsentoomen using? Recently bought a car that is in dire need of a 2din stereo and I'm struggling a bit to pick one thanks to the vast number of choices.
Looking for a DAB+ compatible one, since FM sucks nuts around here

Attached: 65815_Pioneer_AVH-Z3000DAB_1.jpg (1100x653, 60K)

No.

How much ram? If over 8 — yes.

Is 28 years too old to get into Software/CompSci?
I am 25 and will finish my degree in humanities soon (wanted to be a teacher), but I don't want to continue that career path. I dropped out of CS before my current subjects due to some private shit and not really caring. I could go back and finish in 4 semesters. I would be 28 with little experience. Will that be a problem? Also, what traits are important in the "industry"? Intelligence? Being hard-working? A degree with top tier grades? I keep hearing either "it's never too late man" or "entry after 25 is impossible, son"
Any advice is welcome.

I have an old low powered sandy bridge system that is collecting dust. All it needs is ram and some drives. I wanted to know if I could setup windows 7 to use it as htpc and sort of a nas system with with drives setup in raid 1 for storing files across my other systems. Also, would ECC memory be recommended?

Attached: 1514584850692.png (1739x1446, 254K)

is there an extension that stops specific images from loading via blacklist

Attached: 1530201736092.jpg (512x411, 101K)

If i want to use a linux full disk encryption but I also had to use windows only programs daily, what would be the best way to do that? Running Wine, windows Virtual machine, separate machine, dual boot?

Attached: healthcare.jpg (600x600, 64K)

I have some really fucking stupid problem with HexChat, for some reason I can't write capital I. I don't know why but holy fuck it annoys the shit out of me.

Attached: 1506562200446.png (1793x32, 2K)

What tall monitor mounts/arm would you recommend for this setup for the 1080p monitors?
The 4K one can remain on it's own stand, the vertical I already have a arm for, but I can't for the love of fuck find a thing which would support 2 1080p monitors stacked on top.

Attached: potentialmonitorplan.png (506x270, 7K)

SOLVED! It turns out I had to Erase the disk before formatting. The disk was empty anyway, and I assumed erasing and formatting were interchangeable. Yesterday, for example, I had to format a hard drive, and that was understood as erasing.

Yeah.
>Also, would ECC memory be recommended?
ECC is a meme for home use 99% of the time. Does your CPU and motherboard support it?

ublock Origin can do that, just right click the image.

Dual boot would only encrypt the linux portion.
Check that your computer supports virtualization, and if it does, spin up a virtualbox instance in linux, load windows, and try it out.

check newegg.com for VESA mounts.

>ublock Origin can do that, just right click the image.
that's true but I want to disable it across the board, pretty sure ublock only does it on the specific page or session

Will the new Intel processors have fixed spectre and meltdown?

you can add your own filters in the dashboard

doubtful. Might be a couple generations.

Fuck me, AMD it is.

Are all Nvidea GTX features available on Linux? I know the drivers are closed source, but how good are they?

About as shit as Linux.

Hohoho, very helpful, Jow Forums at its finest.

They're vulnerable too, as is ARM.

So what's the deal? I'm planning a new build in Q3/4.

Build for what?
Everyone is susceptible to these attacks, as well as others. Use common sense browsing. If you want a little more security, use linux, disable javascript, use add-ons like uBlock Origin, uMatrix, noscript. Create a little sandbox environment in a VM with no network connectivity to check things.
If you're worried about meltdown/spectre due to your shitposting, get an older eeePC. The older Atom processors aren't vulnerable.
Look for one of these
asus.com/us/Laptops/Eee_PC_1005HA_Seashell/

Mind explaining why ?

Attached: 1490664670290.jpg (960x1280, 328K)

I care more about the performance hit from software fixes.

Easy. Don't connect it to the internet.
Found a better shitposting machine for you.
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA5E67BP0094&ignorebbr=1
It's bigger!
Toss linux on it, use that to do online things with the advice I posted previously.

Change your password on everything you can remember you signed up for and try using a password manager while you're at it so you don't reuse the same one all the time.

What's the best portable power bank ? Unlimited budget, is there some shit that I can use for a week or more without recharging it ?

How do I transport a CPU in the mail without damaging the pins?

Attached: cpu-pins.jpg (1920x1080, 821K)

What are the advantages of booting under UEFI, besides the lack of a 2 TB restriction? I'm Win7, about to install Ubuntu. Should I bother turning legacy mode off?

superuser.com/a/383180

need a dictaphone with full disk encryption compatible with linux, which should I buy budget of around £100

you need one of these and a well packed box
>amazon.com/Computer-Packaging-Clamshell-Container-LGA1150/dp/B01GKIQMJ8/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1533043726&sr=8-1&keywords=cpu container&dpID=41J-8dww0XL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

>be me
>have 2 Google accounts
>get an $80 Google Play gift credit from friend
>accidentally activate it with the account I don't use for shopping
>2018
>can't transfer credits between own accounts

What could I do?

Attached: play_store_hero_desktop.png (530x733, 50K)

Write to their tech support.

I need a new printer. I don't really have any big requirements as I print maybe 1 page every week or less. It need to be able to print color and pictures somewhat clearly. What would you recommend? I can find some 30$ printers here where I live, are they good enough?

amd aren't as vulnerable as intel as they don't have a dozen vulnerabilities, afaik they're not vuln at all realistically as one of the variants was os mitigated and the other wasn't proven at all

I a mrunning a looping slideshow trough MPV, because all other players keep crashing. Only problem is, I can not set the time for showing still images. right now it changes pictures every 1 second. is there a switch or a setting where I can adjust this?

Attached: IMG_14052014_132214.jpg (2100x1400, 577K)

h4 {
text-align: center;
height: 25px;
}
p {
text-align: justify;
}
.links {
text-align: left;
color: black;
}
.fullCard {
width: 245px;
border: 1px solid #ccc;
border-radius: 5px;
margin: 10px 5px;
padding: 4px;
}
.cardContent {
padding: 10px;
}
.cardText {
margin-bottom: 30px;
}

GoogleAlphabet

Google was founded by Larry Page and Sergey Brin while they were Ph.D. students at Stanford University.

Larry Page

Sergey Brin

retard here, i have a code challenge to add a horizontal line on this card between the title and paragraph, I am getting the confirmation for properly using the tag but no confirmation for separating the title and paragraph

pls help

oh jesus i fucked up

make a codepen and illustrate the problem.
What do you mean with no confirmation?

Why don't you ever link to the old threads like sane generals?

Teamviewer question. I'm trying to remote control a laptop with Elementary OS from a Windows 10 PC.

Problem is, mouse or keyboard input doesn't work. The options in the actions menu are mostly greyed out. In fact it's as if it's set to view only.

Both teamviewers are the same latest version. I have it set to full access. I even tried manually confirming full control access on the remote laptop.

What might be the problem?

What are some good mid-price CPUs? I'm planning to upgrade my FX-6350.

Have you ever tried to contact Google support?
They are not humans, they copy paste some rubbish resolution and when you say "I already did this, I need in depth help." They just fuck around and not answer or tell you to format your devices and reset everything to solve their shit code.

Attached: 0004140843_10.jpg (1200x1200, 288K)

Looking to get started with Android app development. Does Android Studio perform better on Windows than Linux? Or the other way around?

Attached: Android_studio_3_1_screenshot.png (1280x795, 547K)

They're vulnerable. Almost everything is vulnerable to Spectre. Meltdown is the software one, that's the one that has patches that cause the slowdown. Spectre is a lithography issue, you can't patch it. AMD won't confirm anything, they can't afford to.

Since switching to violentmonkey, every page loads has "waiting for extension violentmonkey" and takes 10+ seconds to load any page. Even searx.me with no query.
I only have 1 script, 4chanx. Why is violentmonkey causes page load time increases?

Could you be any less specific? I have a 970 and run Arch. Rendering in Blender is as fast as windows if not faster.
Why not encode to h264 or even gif with ffmpeg and set the frame rate to whatever you want? You could also check out one of the following if you just want to cycle over a set of images without transcoding: mplayer, rv, framecycler, djv

IIRC amd issued a bios update but it's considered mostly unnecessary and is disabled by default like intel's specter variant 4 bios fix.

Also not all ARMs are vulnerable, they have a list of which ones are affected. Unfortunately qualcomm never released a list so best you can do is guess based on which architectures they copied.

werks 4 me
t. ff

because it's the first sqt i've made since a month[?] and felt too lazy to bother to find the previous one
sue me

help me out please. My uncle gave me a 2.5" hd that was in his old notebook, i managed to install it and it worked fine but there were a lot of system and recovery partitions,taking in total more than 30gb. After failing to delete then the normal way, i used diskpart clean command, and now the there's only one partition. Except now i can't format the damn thing, it keeps giving me i/o errors. I searched for a solution but nothing worked.

tl;dr: can't format 2.5" hd after deleting its original system and recovery partitions, it keeps giving me i/o errors.

English brainlet here. What's the correct way to say that ?
>I was hired by [company name] to do..
or
>I was hired at [company name] to do...
or something else ?

you might want to install kde neon or lubuntu
and you might want to first check if it works ok before you install it
in which case you might want to prepare your lunix partition before hand by shrinking a windows one and formating it with gparted

>i/o errors
Its dead

I don't have a linux partition. I'm running purely Win7.

I got a third 4:3 monitor for my ubuntu 16.04 machine. Previously I had a 16:9 monitor connected with an HDMI cable and a 4:3 one using a DVI cable. Now I have connected both 4:3 monitors wth a DVI splitter, but I just get a duplicated screen on both of them.

How can I fix this?

fuck, really?
i wanted to use hd tune pro to check sectors and errors but my trial time ended
at least it was free

Best prototyping software similar to sketch (mac only) for linux?

mpv mf:// --mf-type=jpeg --mf-fps=0.2
mpv.io/manual/master/#protocols

so do what i told you
try, if it works fine, shrink from windows, format with gparted /should be included in the live cd, install

>FX CPU
You have no IGPU.

Sorry, the activator link was this one, i copy/pasted twice the same link accidentally:
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

TLDR of it, just install another MBR Linux install.

It's not something they can fix with a bios update. It's in the silicon.

>Also not all ARMs are vulnerable
I didn't say all of them were. There are select architectures from Intel, AMD, ARM, and others that are not vulnerable. I recommended two Intel laptops that aren't vulnerable. But, almost anything made in the last 10 years is. Anything that does out-of-order speculative computation is susceptible.
Just search for that in this list for the ARM chips.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ARM_microarchitectures

I am a beginner in webdev.
How do you easily find the location of a file to edit?
e.g. I have a captcha on a webpage, how do I find the path to edit the captcha?

Attached: monk.jpg (450x320, 40K)

>DVI splitter
>I just get a duplicated screen
No shit? That's weird.

Not sure I get you. You'd just look at the page source where the captcha would be.
Or are you trying to modify sites you don't have access to? Then in your browsers developer tools select the element and you'll see everything.

I have full access. I am trying the find the source PHP file where I can edit the code.

For another example. Let's say I create a form in PHP and I forgot the location of the folder where I saved it. How do find the path/folder again?

So you mean it doesn't work at all? I have used one like this c2g.com/uk/product/81227/one-lfh-59-dms-59-male-to-two-dvi-i-female-cable-22cm in the past and it worked just fine.

Use the search function of your IDE.

>It's not something they can fix with a bios update. It's in the silicon.
They don't "fix" it in the sense that they make the feature secure while still letting you use it. The updates allow you to disable the insecure features, thus protecting you at a cost to performance.

I'm an ESL so don't take my word too serious but I'd use the first one.

[company name] hired me to do X

Thanks for the answer. How would you locate a file that is uploaded to the server, not local?

Something that tells me the name of the file/path where I'd find the source code in Cpanel or FileZilla, that I am inspecting, just like it does for CSS files?

Is there a way to run Clonezilla successfully directly on a running Linux instance instead of from USB? Purpose being, I'd like to still use my computer while doing a massive multi-TB disk-to-disk backup.

I tried before by running a clonezilla command saved from a previous backup in my Linux terminal, but clonezilla would always fail because when the backup would begin, it would mount the target partitions (I made sure the entire target disk was unmounted before), which of course then errored out the entire backup.

Is there a way to prevent this automounting and make clonezilla work fine in the Linux terminal?

That makes no sense what you're saying.
Unless your web project gets compiled/packed then it should be exactly the same as local.
What do you mean locate a file that is uploaded to the server? The file structure should be the same, so you'd just navigate to the same as locally.

PHP can include several files into one at runtime, so your "file.php" might have 10 other files included.
Just look at the source of file.php and check what it is including.
If you have a large codebase and I want to find something I'll search in my IDE for a classname or element.

What are you trying to do? Are you confusing a few things?

What's the best library/framework for creating a collage interactively.
For example, I have 9 images and one caption per image. What's the best framework to make a canvas with some set size and place images and text on it?

Attached: 1532635447222.jpg (745x1018, 225K)

How much power do you need? And how portable does it need to be, pocked sized or just not tied to an outlet?

Energy density is generally fixed, if you want more power you usually need a bigger battery.

Use rsync

>They don't "fix" it in the sense that they make the feature secure while still letting you use it. The updates allow you to disable the insecure features, thus protecting you at a cost to performance.
I understand that's how some shitty 'news' sites or tech blogs explain it, but it's not accurate. Those 'features' are still there. I wouldn't be too concerned with Spectre anyway, it's like someone being concerned with rowhammer.

Both work.
In America, legally, corporations are considered people, so 'by' would be more accurate.

vcsi
imagemagick montage

Thanks guys I did a bit more digging trough the mpv manual and while searching for mf:// sumbled upon --image-display-duration=
That solved my problem.

I have a Sony Bravia TV, how do I send shit to it through Wifi Direct?

I guess it's such a stupid problem that nobody knows the cause of it.

do you have accidentally mapped some hotkey to it?

As far as I know no, I even re-installed HexChat just in case I did something accidentally and deleted all the related folders in AppData.

how do you nicely get your movie player's audio to a 5.1 receiver without the ugly directsound

Attached: -.jpg (570x426, 51K)

werkz 4 me 2
Disable all your other extensions and retest. If that fixes it, enable them again one by one until the problem comes back.
Hired by. Also >language is technology
Chuckled
If only there was some kind of manual, perhaps available on the manufacturer's website.

Without chopping it up, how would I repair my vibrator motor?
I'll probably end up buying a new one, but if possible, I'd like to keep the vibrator part of this usable

I've got a few sheets of glass being unused currently. I've got a few projects in mind, but have no knowledge on cutting glass. I know I can't just cut at it with a kitchen knife, nor do I own tools appropriate for such a task. How would one go about cutting glass? Or is this better suited for a company that specializes in such a task?

If only that manual were worth shit. I can connect to the network, but that's where it dies, because nothing gets sent.

what free antivirus/anti malware does Jow Forums use in year 2018

>internet out
>router refuses to work no matter how many times I reset it and the modem
>small spark every time I plug in it's power cord into the router itself
>plug computer directly into modem
>works fine
So I take it I need to get a new router?

you already tried changing the fuse?

No I'm a retard with tech stuff I
>reset it power wise
>tried changing the cables connecting the router and modem
That's about it since that's all my isp told me to try before suggesting a new router. How retard-proof is changing a fuse on a router?

probably for the best if you just buy a new one

GPLv3