C++

Anyone know a good IDE for C++ in ubuntu?Something like code::blocks or visual studio.ty.

Attached: brainlettttt.jpg (800x450, 41K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitlab.com/cppit/jucipp
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I always used Codeblocks on Ubuntu but I hate how unstable it is. Crashes all the god damn time.

I think Visual Studio Code would be best but I never managed to get it working.

CodeLite

Clion

Any thoughts on Atom?

Codelite , Netbeans, Eclipse, Qtcreator

On ubuntu? Then you are fucking brainlet cause all you need to do is install .deb if you want to have updates or extract tar.gz if you want to manually update it.

how about geany?

Kdevelop is the only real answer.

nobody who uses oogabooga can possibly write good c++

Vim

CLion is the only sane C++ IDE on Linux, though Visual Studio is better (but doesn't work on Linux).

Vim

Seconding this or Visual Studio (not the VSCode electron garbage)

>I think Visual Studio Code would be best but I never managed to get it working.
Haha oh wow

QtCreator. It's a proper IDE, can be used with all the build systems you'll need so long as the platform supports them. Don't let the name fool you, you don't have to touch qt. It's like MSVS, except it's good.
I personally useless neovim more but but that's not something you can just pick up and immediately be productive.

Vim

Vim

jus no

>c::b
>good
haha oh wow
Qt Creator

Nano

Netbeans for cli/learning the language
Code::blocks can do GUI but it's retarded

atom with the ide plugins

Emacs with irony and company.

Clion. All other options have insufficiencies.
It's free if you're a student.

Agreed. KDevelop is great.

Attached: 58f319a5b73289b23dbd61267d25529c543d940694fca09f913c5dd73978e9b7.jpg (907x718, 58K)

You need to edit .json files and set up the entire thing, and that's bullshit.

>reading comprehension
You have to do that regardless of you are using it on Windows or Ubuntu.

So fucking what, I could just grab Clion and be done with it in 3 mouse clicks. I don't even know what .jason files are for fucks sakes, I want to write c++

Visual studio doesn't work on Ubuntu except old versions in wine.

Clion is a memory/cpu hog. Use qt creator.

>hog
With the best GUI on a linux c++ IDE period. The whole Qt package is not only gigabytes big, but also ugly.

Discussion wasn't about pro's and of vscode. It was pointing out how user is a complete brainlet for believing vscode is harder to setup on I'm Ubuntu than Windows. Learn to read or reply to the comment you disagreed with not a different discussion.

>"Haha oh wow"

You're a mongrel and a miser. You never originally addressed any of that.

>Gigabytes
Ask me how i know you're on Windows. This is about Ubuntu.
Also did you know that clion is also gigabytes large. Kek learn to argue. At least those "gigabytes" of qt actually can be reused.

microsoft word

Geany or gitlab.com/cppit/jucipp

Attached: IDEs.png (284x142, 20K)

>this

Attached: D7WRSfz.png (468x513, 412K)

>reading this bad
What? That's a different user laughing at a brainlet post. In the discussion, that user said vscode is hard to install not because of json but because somehow the setup is different on Ubuntu.

The user that complained about vscode wasn't being specific to ubuntu, brainlet.

>Visual Studio Code would be best but I never managed to get it working
This implies user tried it. Which means he had it running somewhere.

on linux you just can't beat VIM

Attached: 1532714191586.jpg (960x767, 76K)

The only thing int's not great for is debugging with breakpoints and shit. Luckily, you can use qtcreator for that w/o having to "create/import project" or anything. ddd isn't awful, when it works, but it's not very stable.

Netbeans

Yes you can. Emacs with evil-mode.

CLION IS THE BEST YEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAH CLION BLJAD KAK JA EGO LOVE