Why are VGA coolers not more popular...

Why are VGA coolers not more popular? I placed one of these on my 980 ti with some noctua fans and I run it full fan speed max 62C at 99% load.

Shit's amazing, why aren't more people buying these?

Attached: 413A4gpKn6L._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg (350x350, 24K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wkytxqm62Sw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because the stock coolers are more than good enough

Attached: ca4ed474eb[1].jpg (1920x1080, 729K)

Can't hear you over the sound of your graphics card fans.

Ill take what is Fractal Define R5 for $500 thanks Alex.

>62C
Did you mount it right? I've seen the Morpheus stay in the 50's with the fans at half speed in cards of that power range.

Oh no I meant 62c is max I've seen it go.

It usually stays 50-56c at load.(I live in a hot place)

This. Even on my founders GTX 980 temps are low and stable.

Yours might be faulty.

Try and tweak it a bit if you can. You might get away with dropping fan speeds significantly and only raise temperatures a degree or 2.
Oh and invest on an AC if you can, best thing I did myself. I have to deal with hot weather too and it uses way less power than I thought it would.
>mfw 45C expected this thursday

I'm not too worried about fan speeds since the fans I use are pretty dead silent even at 100%.

About the AC, I have a really old unit near 15 years old, that I can't afford to have running all day, though I am looking at getting one of those newer inverter models.

You already passed the best time to buy them though. I find it to be around May, when they're still not sought after. I got a split unit last year for 280€, when now in the middle of summer I struggle to find one below 400. Don't know what the regulations are where you live, but here I could do the installing myself.

Aren't these taking the space of three cards instead of two?

Not a problem if you're not a caselet.

Takes around 5 pci slots if you use regular fans, 4 if you use slim fans.

>why aren't more people buying these?
Added expense on top of the card
Complicated setup
Takes up a lot of space
AIB cooling is "good enough"

I mean, they're pretty great, I have Morpheus, MK-26 and Accelero IV myself, but you have to be a right twat to not understand why they aren't very popular.

Which one do you like the most out of the three?

I had one for my 290 and it was kino
But every other GPU has a decent cooler so there is no need

There's not much of a difference in performance, but you can run quieter fans on Morpheus and on MK-26 (120/140mm vs 92mm), that's about it. I haven't really ran controlled benchmarks on them. Personally I like the looks of Morpheus the best. Also if you're planning on using liquid metal, the Accelero block is bare copper, so it'll tarnish, while others two nickel plated and won't.

why don't they design tall coolers that use an unoccupied pcie bracket for support?

Attached: 49081FB5-EC2E-4817-B6AA-2A7290F387CA.jpg (2000x1329, 136K)

Niche of a niche within a niche. There'd be like three people buying that. Just make your own if you want this, it's not exactly complicated.

Cuz my custom water cooling loop keeps my gtx1080 under 30C, and 2600k under 40c when rendering.

I'll sell you my R5 for $500 for sure. My name isn't Alex tho

love my accelero extreme, hd 7970 at 1250mhz, 1.3V maxing out at 65°C at 30°C room temp

The cheapest VGA cooler for my R9 290 is $60+.

I only fucking paid $182 for the video card in 2014, so paying that much for a cooler is stupid

>install this shit
>block every other expansion slot on my mb

Morpheus mounted to a 290x lets me (admittedly not since AMD changed the api due to nothing letting me feed enough voltage) push my super leaky and high clocking card to 1200mhz core eating 1.4v and core temps stay mid 60's. VRM1 (the hot one on hawaii) is around 75c.

For the record that 290x is a nearly 400w card when clocked so high.

Attached: 290x stress test 2.png (1811x965, 542K)

Did you fall for the blower fan meme?

>Not having music that's 10 times louder

Because if you buy a cooler for a 1060 or a RX 580 it would cost the same if you just bought a 1070.

Because the mounting is not standardized as with CPU coolers, also cooling the VRM and memory can be problematic depending on the cards
Another this is that my card sits at like 65C with the fans just barely audible anyway, so there's little point in buying an aftermarket cooler.

They often suck ass at cooling other board components, like RAM and VRMs.
I got a Zalman one to cool my 8800GT that was pushing over 100C in some games and cut the temps by 30odd degrees, but it still fucking died a year or so later.
XFX is shit.

>unoccupied pcie bracket

If you'd get this, you more than likely woudn't use them anyway.

Because I have a 3 year warranty and slapping some stupid piece of shit onto my card isn't a good reason to void it.

don't forget to cool your VRMs, OP

If you're taking apart a GPU you might as well just go custom loop or EK Phoenix.

with watercooling you are talking hundreds of dollars, added pump noise in idle and replacing components and troubleshooting becomes a pain in the ass.

A custom air cooler is 60 bucks and is surprisingly effective. It's not so much the cooler itself as the full height 120mm fans that make the difference over regular GPU cooling. So much more air moved at lower noise levels

Also waterblocks are expensive and only good for one model of graphics card.
The air cooler will swap over to your next graphics card.

why the fuck would you ever want a heatsink / fan option when you can have a hollow piece of copper or nickel and get some serious gainz in your temps and performance. Sure my gpu's still expel tons of heat waste, but they are 50C when playing intense games sometimes 60C

except my PC makes almost no noise.

show me one affordable cooler for my gtx 1070 that is better than stock
you cant

They are legitimately excellent. Really lowers the temps, which is what people are talking about in this thread, but you're forgetting that the card will still perform the same when playing a game.

AiB cards will clock to nearly, if not the same, frequency, delivering the same fps. Sure they might be louder but you don't really hear it when you're in a game, with headphones or speakers.

youtube.com/watch?v=wkytxqm62Sw

I'm more curious what would happen if you mounted better fans on the stock heat sinks. Most of the coolers are pretty good but seems like manufacturers skimp on fans.

>Because I have a 3 year warranty and slapping some stupid piece of shit onto my card isn't a good reason to void it.
ive always hated you but either buy a card that isnt void by such petty shit or realize a sticker doesnt void warranty in most good parts of the world

my fury tri-x has a decent cooler.It idles 3C over room temp and full load at 55C with 96 mv undervolting

EVGA will honor your warranty even with a custom cooler.

If you only replace the thermal paste on their own cooler and put it back on, they will honor it as normal.
If you replace their cooler with your own, and you ship it to them with their cooler in the package, they will honor it as normal.
If you replace their cooler with your own, and you ship it without their cooler in the package, they will charge you about $40 for the missing cooler and honor it as normal.

Why people buy GPUs that aren't EVGA is beyond me, any miniscule differences in price or temperatures or noise are not worth missing out on their warranty.

Attached: 1397120528576.png (186x283, 69K)

i only dont because they only make nvidia cards, which i dont really get

theyre expensive
even if i could get one for 60 yuroshekels for my 7950 i'd be better off selling it and buying a 1060

If arctic accelero xtreme 3/4 fits your gpu, it's probably way better than whichever cooling you have right now. I wanted to get one, i have evga 770 sc, in the end i've switched to scythe setsugen 2 (had one lying around), dropped temps by ~15C. Stock GPU coolers are really not as good as manufacturers pretend they are.