My WD blue hard 1 TB drive failed on me after 6 months...

My WD blue hard 1 TB drive failed on me after 6 months. What other brand can I try that offers a 1 TB drive for a similar price? The WD Blue had better reviews than any other drive, did I just get unlucky?

Attached: WDBlue_PC_Hero.jpg.imgw.1000.1000.jpg (1000x1000, 61K)

>inb4 you should have bought shitgate

should've bought golds

Forgot to mention the one that failed was a model from 2015. My understanding right now reading reviews is that they have updated versions now since then.

(I bought the drive in 2015, it failed, I never got a new drive I just ripped a drive out of an old PC to replace it. Now I need more storage space which is why I made this thread)

HGST

toshiba p300

RMA it idiot. They period for blue drives is like 2 years.

See:

Toshiba > WD > Seagate

HGST
Got a 3 TB for like $60

HGST?
> did I just get unlucky
Maybe. Got two Blues 4TB in RAID 1, they work. For what I know, WD drives exhibit that kind of behavior when they either fail in the first three months of usage or work forever.

>My WD blue hard 1 TB drive failed on me after 6 months

>inb4 you should have bought shitgate

lmao. Reputation is so good you can fuck your customer and still they come literally running back.

You're likely better off getting a 2TB drive for the price, anyway.

>inb4 floridaman

Attached: Screenshot_20180731_103925.png (1920x3126, 1.46M)

should have gotten an SSD

Attached: Screenshot_20180731_170608.png (223x100, 12K)

>buy hdd
>plays smash bros

>still have the same WD Blue 500GB that I got in like 2008
Im too poor for shit to not work so thank god

Attached: everyoneelsewalkedout.jpg (1600x1200, 398K)

Well I lost a WD black recently. Maybe the WD jews are making crappy stuff now that they are going full SSD?
Oh, but wait, this sounds familiar to me
>cassete tapes becoming shit after CDs became the new premium format
>floppy disks becoming shit after pendrives became the new portable format of choice
>CDs becoming shit shortly after that

why is their logo the gamecube logo?

I have a 1tb wd blue drive from 2013 and it runs perfectly still.
You should still have warranty on it.

WD just fucking sucks. I work at IT and I saw so many falling WD drives even their "NAS oriented" red versions. Always go with Seagate.

Seagate.

You mean, once you accept you can't buy but crap, then just buy the cheapest crap, right?

My WD black has a 5 year warranty, its been going strong for years

Toshiba.
>did I just get unlucky
Yes. With an exception of some completely broken models (which earned seagate fame) hdds are a lottery with relatively high chance of winning. For most manufacturers like 5% will fail in 2 years (seagate has somewhat higher failure rates thoguh but they aren't very dramatic) and like 2% will fail in the first year. In consumer segment hitachi made the most reliable drives, but since it's dead now toshiba is leading. Though I heard hitachi branded hdds are still good if you can find one.

What's wrong with shitgate?

Seagate Barracuda. My oldest one is 7 years now

>tfw i realized that my hd that died two months ago was on the warranty period
just kill me

/thread

>Always go with Seagate.

This, don't know why WD get's shilled so much on /g when everyone here should know without a doubt as for other drive manufacturer's ha yea sure get a travelstar or something if you want

> In consumer segment hitachi made the most reliable drives

only because they sold so many in shitty laptops normalfags bought and it reflects well

>Seagate Barracuda. My oldest one is 7 years now

same, bet it's identical mine's been through wars extracted and taken on hikes ffs

>He bought Western Dickride

Attached: DO IT.jpg (1180x842, 417K)

wd red is pretty good, I use it due to the fact it's rated for 24-hour operation

*CLICK**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK**CLICK*