Emacs or vim

what is better to use? i want learn and programing easy things (i try learning python, javascript and C)

Attached: iusewindows.jpg (518x376, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

vim.spf13.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Notepad++

Both are horrendously complex and won't make you a better programmer.

is for hobby,im not programer

do u evn lisp?

evil mode in emacs

This

Or just use visual studio code

vim and emacs is for people LARPing as hackers, just use nano if you ever really need to edit something thru a terminal

just use vim, install it and type in 'vimtutor' in the terminal and you'll be fine in like 20 minutes. emacs is like using a fucking vm, absolutely halal

Nobody uses emacs for programming (look stats up yourself) while people actually use vim.

Gentoo

i would recommend vim because i found it more lightweight than emacs and it was easier to focus on the actual code instead of wasting time learning the text editor. then again, ive never really spent much time with emacs so if you put some effort into learning it itll be ok im sure. it doesnt really matter honestly so just pick one and learn it. dont get caught up in such menial things
i would say vim is not that complex at all really. takes like 15 mins to learn the fundamental commands and then you are good to go

I have been using Vim for years for PHP. Once you got all your plugins ready it's way more productive than anything on earth, unless it's a language that comes with a IDE by default like swift, c# or Java.

Attached: 1531312646648.png (199x254, 84K)

>this
and after you go through vimtutor and feel confortable with raw vim. Get familiar with this compilation of plugins, I have been using this for years as a Senior Web Developer.

vim.spf13.com/

Nano

vim follows the unix philosophy better

Marijn Haverbeke – the author of Eloquent JavaScript and CodeMirror
Jeffrey Friedl – the author of Mastering Regular Expressions
Michael Widenius – the author of MySQL and MariaDB
Joe Armstrong – the creator of Erlang
Amelia Andersdotter – Politician
Steven Brust – the author of Vlad Taltos
Vernor Vinge – the author of True Names and A Fire Upon the Deep, Hugo Award winner
Whitfield Diffie – security expert (Diffie-Hellman key exchange)
Marc Andreessen – the creator of the Mosaic browser and the founder of Netscape
Richard Gabriel – the author of Worse is Better
Guy Steele – an expert of programming languages, the author of C: A Reference Manual
Peter Norvig – the author of Artificial Intelligence: A Modern Approach
Jamie Zawinski – an important programmer of the Mozilla project team
Daniel Weinreb – cofounder of Symbolics
Julian Assange – the founder of WikiLeaks
Martin Fowler – coauthor of Refactoring: Improving the Design of Existing Code
Mark Zuckerberg – Facebook founder
Yukihiro Matsumoto – the creator of Ruby
Guido van Rossum – the creator of Python
Linus Torvalds – the creator of Linux and Git
Donald Knuth – the creator of TeX and the author of TAOCP, Turing Award winner
Eric Raymond – the author of The Cathedral and the Bazaar and How to become a hacker
Richard Stallman – the creator of GNU Emacs, the founder of GNU

If typing "d4w" to "delete 4 words" is horrendously complex for you, you are a fucking retard.

they are both clusterfucks but Emacs can be useful sometimes

Emacs is superior

Plot twist, it doesn't fucking matter.
Just roll a D20 or something, and start programming. Neither program is going to miraculously make you smarter.