Is the 2700x the best cpu to buy right now?

Is the 2700x the best cpu to buy right now?

Attached: 61IsA3O32GL._SX425_.jpg (425x371, 22K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ats6AYz6Z3I
techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/10.html
youtube.com/watch?v=ucMQermB9wQ
anandtech.com/show/11558/globalfoundries-details-7-nm-plans-three-generations-700-mm-hvm-in-2018
anandtech.com/show/12438/the-future-of-silicon-an-exclusive-interview-with-dr-gary-patton-cto-of-globalfoundries
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No since the 1700x can be often found on sale under 200

but 2700x has better memory latency

I don't like the "Ryzen" branding, looks very gaymery and childish. Even worse with their Ebyc/Threadripper stuff, selling RGB coolers also doesn't help. Why can't they have some more etiquette.

Because the whole branding are catered to gamers

Their CPU's aren't gaming oriented though, otherwise they wouldn't go for core count and CCX designs with latency. They do productivity good. I'd love to see something like this from AMD

Attached: front-large1.jpg (800x771, 71K)

I like "Ryzen", because it sound like risen. And AMD is risen now.
Stay mad incelfags.

But the 2700x is beat by a $150 cheaper i5-8400 in gaming

this is what pisses me off i'm kinda forced to go intel because i do play vidya. at the 2700x price point might as well go with an i7 8700k for a cpu that does everything.

>*in poorly theaded applications using 2400mhz ram

stay mad goy shill

it's kinda embarrassing really that a 6 core cpu with no hyper threading beats ryzen at gaming regardless of optimization..

unless you gonna spend your day editing videos and transcoding then no you wont feel that at all
the only reason to get 2xxx now is the xfr2

Intel is only good for Netflix.

Attached: poo in the joo.png (1824x1026, 431K)

Best CPU overall, but I consider 2600 best value

Just like Intel it just werks.

*1080p gaming. If you are a “gamer” and still at 1080p, I don’t know what to say. GPUs have been able to push 1440p easily for awhile, and the 1080Ti can do 4k.

Gaming has mostly been GPU limited anyway. It’s only since Ryzen’s launch that /they/ have been pushing high refresh.

>HAHAHAHA INTEL IS BEATING AYYMD BY 5% THANKS TO ALMOST ONE NIGGAHURTZ HIGHER CLOCK SPEED

IPC is almost exactly the same and you get more with better RAM on AMD and you get more cores and dont have to swap mobo every time you want to upgrade so stay relevant longer as more and more programs get proper threading and you save money in the long run.

stay mad kike

Intlel shills are clinically retarded, more at 11

Not shilling for intel but for just gaming an i5-8400 is better than a 2700x for the price, but if you want to do shit besides gaming then the 2700x is better.
Here's a video of a 2600x vs an i5-8400 in games. Just look at the cpu utilization difference and the frame rate.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ats6AYz6Z3I

>locked CPU
>slow RAM
>dead socket
>not comparing it to CPU that costs about the same
like i said, you'll be spending way more money in the long run cus you'll be needing an upgrade sooner.

dont tell me you think higher CPU utilization is better...

Ironic retardation is still retardation.

eh, just wait for ryzen 3.

Unused CPU is wasted CPU

I was trying to say that despite the lower cpu utilization the 2600x had similar performance.

8400 only has a lead in project cars...why the 2600x and not 2600

>just upgrade next year again when i reach 100% cpu utilization cus i bought a shitty CPU today that is already 5% from being maxed out!
t. brainlet

and? it has twice the amount of threads

Attached: 1530483273350.jpg (645x729, 81K)

>and? it has twice the amount of threads
That was his point I think, 2600 is just plain better at everything

This is the guy who tested Ryzen with 3400MHz ram vs Intel on 2666 MHz, doesn't get more unethical than this

>3400mh ram for ryzen and 2600 for intel
>amd shills spam this unfair comparison

Overclocking your ram is anti-semitic

Not my fault 8400 is locked cucked trash.

Yeah eveything except gaming pretty much, but that could change in the future.

intel doesnt get any improvements with faster ram, you dipshits

Yes. Or get Ryzen 1000 series with x470 if you intend to get 7nm zen.

It does up until 3600MHz, if that test was done the other way around you guys would be foaming

techpowerup.com/reviews/Intel/Core_i7_8700K_Coffee_Lake_Memory_Performance_Benchmark_Analysis/10.html

No, sadly, it is still this.

Attached: $_86.jpg (768x1024, 79K)

Yeah except gaming where 2600 is still better.

If you want to buy new and seek for price/performance, then yes.
At least they sell proper coolers. Unlike Intel. The Wraith from the 2700X is a beast if you remind its a boxed cooler free with the processor. If you don't like RGB turn it off. Anti-RGB fags make me mad, because you can simply turn it off, unlike earlier fixed color designs. You can just switch it to a matching color of your system, much better than having red accents destroying a blue build.
AMD can't compete with raw singlecore performance, but they are improving every generation. AMD is future oriented. Intel is not, they still build a (expensive) monolithic design. Its more mature in the moment, but somewhen AMD will have have improved their CCX design so it can compete Intel and gets even better. Intel will eventually have to bring their own CCX implementation. It was extremly expensive to produce HCC CPUs previously with low yields, now AMD produces just modules and adds as many as necessary. Thats why its so cheap. With octacore CCX on 7nm or better there may be 128 core Threadrippers or Epycs.
Yes, because the working name was Zen.

Attached: Kupfer.jpg (3840x2160, 2.79M)

Second best.

Attached: BASED.jpg (1079x784, 161K)

it is, because the only thing the 8700K does better is 10 % more fps in ancient resolution

>AMD can't compete with raw singlecore performance,
>less than 5% behind in IPC
get your facts straight, nigger

Yes but FPBP

Ditto

It's Zen 2, Ryzen 3 just points people to low end CPU's

Ahahahahah

IPC=instructions per cycle

The Ryzen is almost on par

Attached: Cinebench.png (1339x1473, 72K)

The 8400 benefits more though, around 10%

Attached: Capture.jpg (1278x676, 117K)

Note, Intel has 6 points more singlecore wise, but way much more multicore.

Intel can only compete if you clock it at 5 GHz, because six 5 GHz cores have similar multicore than eight 4.2 GHz ones.

it's also locked and ryzen+ gets even bigger improvement than last gen

Attached: Average.png (1336x1998, 91K)

>supporting the jew
AMD really is the only choice if you value your freedom.

Attached: 1526316452174.jpg (933x1024, 932K)

i wish coreboot became a thing instead of this uefi kike shit

So it's 3% not 5%

>B-b-but muh clockspeed
All while 90% of goys never touch their frequencies

>AMD is gonna offer near 5GHz 16 core CPUs on 7nm next year and Intel's underperforming 10nm process is all the way out to 2020

>Intel's last shot at the best consumer CPU out there will only keep the first spot for a couple of months

>AMD will fucking DOMINATE the datacenter with 64 cores and 128 threads, DOUBLE what Jewtel can do

Life is good for the good guys. Lovin' it

Attached: 1531765289866.png (2048x1356, 1.89M)

>8700k 1325 multicore
>2600x 1384 multicore
BASED

no, because you'll get cucked when zen2 7nm arrives next year with 15% more ipc, niggahurtz and moar coars.

is.... is that a watercooled OCTA socket EPYC ?

Attached: boner_my_dick.gif (400x300, 973K)

nvm im fucking blind and looked at the wrong waterblocks

whats under the two triple things? gpu?

See ANY CPU under 144fps here ya cunt?! Why the fuck do you care for 1080p gaming anyway? Oh right, you're poor and can't afford a good monitor which is why you love Jewtel for robbing you of all your money for zero R&D for 7 years...

What the fuck is wrong with people?

Looking good

Attached: 1506972747199.gif (490x367, 1.99M)

>because six 5 GHz cores have similar multicore than eight 4.2 GHz ones
You don't get a 30Ghz cpu because you have six 5Ghz cores. You want multicore because you then can dedicate free cores to specific tasks, and not fuck up latencies or having to split time up between 2 tasks assigned to the same core.

Attached: 794.png (500x500, 77K)

Redpill me on these 7nm CPUs
what and where do I order

Thanks for spurging out over a bench like i knew you would. I get so many (You)s from fanboys every time i post these

Attached: perfrel_1920_1080_0.png (500x970, 47K)

Those are 2 Epyc and 6 SMX format Tesla V100.

That would be full blown V100 Volta GPU's sir...

The CPU's are custom made for IBM, it's the POWER9 series if I remember correctly. I think they go up to 12 or 16 but do 5 fucking GHz on Global Foundries's 14nm process. All custom made for their pleasure.

This stuff powers the most powerfull server there is right this moment.

Attached: 1532504473097.jpg (557x280, 55K)

it's future AMD cpu it's still a long time away

and please stop using that shitty redpill forced meme

i wonder what happened to IBM's 100GHz graphene single core chips

>Why the fuck do you care for 1080p gaming anyway
Lol at AMDrones always use the same sourgrape argument when they lose on benchmark. Because it gives a good indication if the CPU would be bottlenecked when GPU becomes more powerful or games become more optimized so GPU wont bottleneck higher resolution anymore?

If a graphene chip is developed, it doesn't matter. There is no large scale industrial process to create graphene. It is only good for research purposes at this time.

>can turn rgb off
my msi mobo would like a word with you

sure you "can" but you need to be on windows and run the proprietary control app to turn it off, and if you power cycle in some weird fucking way it'll turn itself back on.

By the time that's relevant I would think we would have moved on to a new CPU as well, thus repeating the cycle. It's really a pointless pissing contest at this point, buy whatever is better overall at the price point you're willing to pay.

thats why i asked you dipshit, if there is any news about them moving forward with it

fucking dumb post, kys

Not him but I also enjoy posting to trigger intel fanboys over their gaymurr obsession on a locked cucked cpu

Damn dude, simmer down. Do you need a hug or something?

Attached: 1251888383382.jpg (604x548, 46K)

>AMD is gonna offer near 5GHz 16 core CPUs on 7nm next year
Shit that only real in the fansoys head

yes

Attached: captaintears.jpg (298x169, 5K)

I know you do, you reply to me all the time wish it and i always ignore (You)

You replace GPU twice as often as CPU if you're a gamer. How are you suppose to compare 2 CPUs if the GPU bottleneck them both? If you're game you buy Intel+Nvidia. Period.

More real than Intel ever being able to compete with Threadripper and Epyc.

Exposing bait is still game for me. Don't think of Jow Forums to highly in that regard, shit like this needs to be pointed out.

DIY, here

>youtube.com/watch?v=ucMQermB9wQ

>anandtech.com/show/11558/globalfoundries-details-7-nm-plans-three-generations-700-mm-hvm-in-2018

Note that understanding what I posted here will put you at perfect possition to understand the industry better than 90% of the youtube "tech reporters".

Who knows, who cares, graphene is too expensive to see production anytime soon.

Found the custom POWER9 stuff mentioned here. 5.2GHz on 10 cores on 14nm. Yummy
anandtech.com/show/12438/the-future-of-silicon-an-exclusive-interview-with-dr-gary-patton-cto-of-globalfoundries

>A long time away
7nm chips are being made right now both on TSMC and GF (I think, not 100% sure about GF, if so, they;re making the 7nm datacenter VEGA stuff)

I wouldn't call 1Q next year a long time away, for Shittel, certainly ahahah

>Cores, even for Intel are going up, the market has a clear direction towards this
>Intel CPU utilization in over 90% for most of their range and most of the games out there TODAY
>AMD has the cores and the overhead
>Somehow will be bottlenecked UNLIKE Intel cpu's
>lol
I'd kill myself honestly

>Gives a shit about this discussion and the market
>Get's called out
I'm really tired of this.

Read on the POWER9's posted above and the Q&A below, it's a VERY reasonable expectation

Attached: 5746574968.jpg (600x516, 169K)

Put your bought amd shares name back on

No problem, there will always be more intel fanboys to feed me (You)s over their butthurt

Not him, terribly sorry there are many of us that are winning already. Cry me a river shill, you've been served

Attached: 1503753423253.jpg (1000x760, 377K)

Hahaha
Intelfags still don't understand the difference of IPC and actual singlethread performance (depending on actual clockspeed)
AMD FX was 50 % less IPC
Yes I just hope AMD stays cheap. Bought 2 octacore CPUs, running one in my HTPC, for the same price other people bought i5s I got the performance of a 5960X. I can't wait for the 12 core 3700X. And all of this didnt even hurt my purse.
Because its hexacore.

>Cores, even for Intel are going up, the market has a clear direction towards this
Because the pointlessly nu-megapixel camera marketing scheme is in fashion right now it means ultilizing 16 fucking threads on games suddenly becomes trivial now? Amdahls law motherfucker speak it.

8700k shits on pozzen, get a strong air cooler and OC that bitch.

Don’t forget to delid and buy the Corsair^tm 1000w 80+ PLATINUM RGB PSU with built-in Corsair Link^tm

Reminder to you AMD dick riders that intel is worth 20 times AMD, has far greater profits, and a bigger RND budget. Intel could LITERALLY buy AMD 20 times over. Don't get cocky, you little nerds, or Intel will buy PooAMD and asset strip it.

I've been team AMD all my life. Until the Phenom, at least. After the i5 2500k came out AMD started losing it and Fx was just horrible. Ryzen looks gay and is just shit at games. I really wanted to get an AMD GPU too but since they acquired Ati their cards have been dogshit. AMD/Radeon is just dead.

>best cpu to buy right now?
AMD FX

SHUT UP

Attached: 1497883390389.jpg (267x297, 18K)

kys nigger my 8700k runs great no temp issues no problems at all

Lol, the core I7 4790k still spanks Ayyymd in games like it's nothing.

find the led cable.
cut it.

And then Samsung buys Intel

Intel is backed the US gubmint, Intel has as much money as it wants.

Give the TIM a year or two or try overclocking :^)

I secretly don't want them to. Sure I don't want to be ripped off, but I want to see people that are irresponsible in their market awareness pay their fare share as they have been paying Intel all these years. I want to see AMD finally make money. They'll put it to good use unlike some company I can think of right now.

>He thinks it's just a marketing scheme
How can you be so irrelevant?

Fuck that get a fridge!

Stay MAD little cunny you're loosing, and you're about to lose even harder in the coming years.

>I'm with you guys but I've seen the truth and you're wrong
A decent try shill, FX was trash but Ryzen is an excellent product and there's NO doubt about it

>Actually a 6700k owner and user since Ryzen came out a few months AFTER my build. I hate that CPU so bad.

Attached: 1532457481642s.jpg (83x124, 2K)

Yes, Intel literally has no response except diseased stuttering housefires.

2600 has the best price-to-performance, and third-best performance-to-heat after the 2700 and 1700

Just the stock cooler is a hard no.
It may run cool, but giving it a wraith stealth is pushing it.

No amount of money in the universe will unfuck their 10nm delayed garbage. Samsung TSMC and GF are all shitting on Intel.

Most of the time you could just unplug it.

This isn't 2014 anymore. Games have supported multithreading for a while.