I've read a bunch of times on this board that people don't use their TVs at all, or don't have TVs

I've read a bunch of times on this board that people don't use their TVs at all, or don't have TVs.
How do you organize your living room in this case? What does the sofa point to? Whats on your TV rack?

Attached: 2003-11-26%20-Missing-TV[1].gif (640x508, 47K)

I barely use the TV in my bedroom, the one in the living room isn't tuned and just has a Chromecast rammed up its butt.

Attached: bedpad.jpg (1280x853, 149K)

>What does the sofa point to?
Fireplace, mostly.
I don't have a TV.

I'm pretty close to replacing the TV and stand with a turntable and amplifier.

Attached: DSC01348.jpg (3000x1688, 1.38M)

you know that tvs didn't always exist right?
people literally have rooms that you just sit in

speakers, I'm not not some dumb fucking mentally disabled retard that has no speakers but a tv
because that's how it is in 90% of all cases, even in OPs pic there's no speakers.

i dont have a tv rack because i dont have a tv
the sofa points to the fireplace
my desktop pc is in a spare bedroom i now use as an office
for movie nights, i have a ceiling-mounted projector that connects wirelessly to my laptop, and i project onto the blank wall in the living room
im in the process of sorting out a decent sound system for this setup, as currently i use a pair of shitty, tinny little speakers i connect to the laptop

Thats bullshit, before TVs the living room had entirely different functions. You didn't go out to eat, you didn't take people out for dates, you were expected to have guests over much, much more often and it was essentially a room dedicated to that. And guess what, the moment people started living on top of each other in cities that room was the first to get axed for want of space, and outsourced to cafes and restaurants.
The modern living room is 100% the TV+sofa, and removing half of that is a design crisis.

I want to fug some of those memepads

>boomertech collection
Must be a real hit with the ladies.

I want to send these memepads for recycling.

What the fuck does he need ladies for when he's got Thinkpads?

>calling not having a TV a "design crisis"
get rekt, retard

The sofa doesn't really point to anything as its back is touching the wall. I guess on the opposite side of it is an entrance to the kitchen and a dining table.

Girlfriend owns a Pisspoor and I own a Nintendo Onions. That's about all we use the TV for, aside from the occasional anime episode or movie.

Attached: the ass band.jpg (400x257, 71K)

>my value is determined by how well liked I am by the opposite sex
The 1 dimensional unga bunga

living room is the closet for my neet cave

>S.o.y becomes Onions.
hiroshimoot ga daisuki da

I live in a dorm so I just use my projector if I need a big screen

Ladies? Why would I be interested In those?

How's that Kallax IKEA shelving? Is it sturdy?

when my parents got a new TV I got to keep the old one, it's one of the first Samsung 1080p LED TVs.
Since I don't have that much space it's in front of my bed, but since I'm a blind fuck I can't see a lot of things, for example gaming is almost impossible for me unless I sit centimeters in front of it.
Though I use it for movies when friends or grills come over, they can then properly see what's going on on the screen
And yeah when I watch something it's etiher on my monitor where I can properly sit

the Soja meme got really out of control though, it was just annoying in the end

Wear glasses. Looking at screens close-up like laptops and phones is bad for your eyes long-term.

This is why nerds wear glasses - they spent all their childhood inside reading while the normalfags were outside playing.

I do wear glasses since childhood
without them I can't see ANYTHING, like I can't even identify faces a couple meters in front of me, after 10 minutes I get headaches and have to vomit. That's why I had really big problems getting a drivers license and all that

Tfw is mostly decoration as its never used.

Attached: tv.jpg (813x1176, 447K)

I use my TV as a big monitor.

Desk is beside TV stand in my living room with my PC hooked up to 32in monitor on the desk and 50in TV on the stand.

I never use my PC on the TV unless I'm playing a game with a controller though. I have a $60 Android TV box connected to my TV to watch streams and cast YouTube, pretty much entirely controlled with my phone.

I guess most people don't use a TV in the sense of subscription TV.

>Wear glasses. Looking at screens close-up like laptops and phones is bad for your eyes long-term.

Everyone always told me when I was a young kid not to stare at the screens up close in the dark while playing vidya, and I did this from age 6 to 30 like 5hrs a day or more. The last 7 years I've sat in a blue-lit room doing this.

Only person in my family without glasses and still do excellent on vision tests. One thing that's constant is I've almost always used minimum brightness on my displays.

my living room consists of 5 desks, with 3 office chairs, and 2 computers, one with a 21inch monitor, one with a 17

and I mean my TV is already really close to my bed and not the smallest either

Attached: amIblind.png (1152x648, 11K)

Yes the world isn't black and white. You must be more resistant to the effects.

>work as a teenager to get enough money to buy a sick ass giant plasma
>it looks really nice
>only use it when I have company
>still have it
>rarely have company in the TV room
>they never want to do anything related to a TV anyway
>still takes up a lot of room
I've decided. It's going in the garbage with it's nice "modern" stand too.

I miss when TVs were smaller and blurrier but the programming was 400% better than today

Yeah, its solid enough, pretty flexible too.
I found that the rattan baskets were a little pricey from Ikea, but Wilkinsons sell a cheaper version that is the exact same size.

They do some nice inserts with glass shelves if you are into that kind of thing, they can be LED lit from the rear quite nicely. Its something I'll be doing with my bookcase later.

Attached: bookshelf.jpg (2000x3000, 1.99M)

i don't have a tv. couch and coffee table don't need a tv to fung shui nigga.

Coffee tables are a meme anyway, they just collect clutter.

Attached: photo_2017-01-22_02-14-28.jpg (853x1280, 98K)

>Sony Playstation, now THAT was a console
>cracks open Monster

A massive bookshelf holding all my favourite books, magazines, art supplies and board games/RPGs. Got rid of my TV a decade ago and never regretted it. Use your imagination and stop relying on what others spoonfeed you.

Wow it's almost as if human beings weren't created in a factory from a mold and DNA doesn't produce identical clones of the parent organisms. Imagine that.

God seriously has to patch this out desu

Sell the plasma. Enthusists will pay out the ass for it

Indeed.

I also have a PS1, but it's the slim model.

When the PSIO gets back in stock I'm grabbing one, mines chipped but I hate faffing with CD's.

>How do you organize your living room in this case?
Since I'm an Incel, with no friends: it's got several computer desks.
>What does the sofa point to?
No sofa, no need for one.
>Whats on your TV rack?
No TV rack, just desks with monitors and other equipment on them and I roll my chair around.

>sofa
Why would I want one of those? If I want to lie down, I'll lie on my bed. If I want to sit down, I'll sit at my desk. It seems everything's accounted for. If I did get a sofa, it'd be facing a fish tank.
>athetic
>gets the guests out quicker
very nice idea I like it

My vision was good until age 20, when I decided to disregard advice and sat close to the screen in the dark for 4 years. I have to wear glasses now. I mind it less than I thought I would, though.

You shouldnt have a drivers license.

I'm sure this was just a meme, because all non-experts around me said that it was bad for your eyes. I asked an actual optometrist once and he said it won't do any damage to your eyes, the only concern is dryness because you blink less. He said the recommended breaks was due to that.

I'm 30, and have spent probably 25 years in front of a screen and still have perfect vision. Whether your vision goes or not is almost entirely genetic, or if you get exposed to extremely bright light sources like welding or if you are a faggot who looks at the sun. Don't look at the sun under any circumstances, you retard.

i use a 50" tv for my computer monitor. i used to have it set up so that bed was in front of my computer desk so i could play movies on my computer and then lay back in bed and watch them. or play games that can use a controller from my comfy bed

i prefer an jumbo sized master bedroom set up like a hotel room than having rooms scattered throughout the house with different functions. right now i also have a table in between my desk and bed so i can also sit on the edge of the bed and eat at the table while watching something on my tv

that being said i would never pay for a tv service since everything on cable is shit

Attached: Caucasus_regions_map2.png (2070x1789, 587K)

My couch points at the TV for occasional gaming, but the living room is rounded out by another couch and chairs to make a circle for social activities or gaming with friends.

I've seen people who watch very little TV do something similar where they set the living room up for hanging out in a circle

I'm legally not allowed to drive trucks, busses or taxis. Barely made the normal car one, to my surprise I did fairly well

nerds are myopic because the genes coding for that are pleiotropic for higher nonverbal iq.

>Tachyon: The Fringe

Attached: 1526071171915.jpg (1024x576, 51K)

I must be the next step in human evolution because I've got the genes for perfect vision and higher nonverbal iq.

that's not how it works. if you want to influence evolution you just have to make sure you have a lot of babies.
right now jamaal is probably beating you at that game.

quality of offspring is also a factor, its not just about quantity

Quantity of zero doesn't matter either way incel.

only their propensity at producing fertile offspring themselves, iq is correlated negatively with fertility these days

>these days
If I remember correctly, it has always correlated negatively with fertility and having offspring in general.

thats because smarter animals tend to take a different strategy to offspring. putting more care into fewer, higher quality ones

I always got stuck trying to escape from Baron Hajod's station.

>always
if time starts in 1900, sure
until the 19th century royalty had a lot better chances at reproduction, before that intelligence was also an imortant factor in even staying alive during the middle ages.
you're arguably right for the roman empire, but that's why they fell.

>Royalty
Being royalty was absolutely no guarantee of being smart. It's the least meritocratic system out there, boyo. It wasn't as if a smart person could be born a peasant and work his way up the chain to become king.

Terrible argument.

my sofa points at my computer

they were smarter on average, that's what counts.
also, don't forget who actually became royalty, those who got rich enough to afford horses and armor to go to battle.
even for farmers later on it was like that, their sons only had a chance at reproduction if they were successfull enough to gain the land necessary to grant to them.
this kind of economical performance is inherently linked to iq.

Quantity is a quality.

Attached: jewish_media.jpg (4131x3240, 3.34M)

I have one but hardly use it these days. I can watch YouTube and Netflix on it but that's about it, it's no full-blown (((Smart TV))). In my country (Germany), you can receive a few good TV stations, based mostly on cooperation with other countries (e. g., arte together with France or 3Sat together with Austria). The quality has been lacking here and there, but they overall have a solid program if you're actually keen on learning things. Watching documentaries on remote parts of the worldon a Sunday morning is comfy as fuck.
I might sell it sometime, though. These TV stations also have an online presence where I can view their stuff and my PS4 works just well on my PC monitor. If I were to replace it, I would put a turntable in its place, or maybe pictures of my relatives.

the Arte 3Sat and documentaries are really comfy
at least some things that justify paying the 17€ every damn month of my life

Mine is a huge desk. And a couch, which is mainly for watching shrimps, additional storage space and cuddling with my BF.

I have a TV in my bedroom, which is connected to a HTPC. Ryzen 1700 and 16 TB space, all the content I want to watch is on it and can be accessed from the network. Otherwise I download it. I don't watch TV, its just a big PC monitor for me. I used to watch series and movies on my PC monitor, but now I have more money and a BF, so a bigger screen of the size of my bed comes very convenient.

I would love to see huge monitors without tuner and smart shit. Cheaper or more image quality for the price.

Attached: Ha'Tak (21.06.2018).jpg (3840x2160, 1.85M)

Book shelves, weight lifting equipment and a dining table that I basically just throw mail on.

Good that I am free from paying GEZ for my lifetime.

Schon abGEZockt?

i have my room setup like this

Attached: Q60ogzR.jpg (1024x1024, 198K)

Instead of your fucking T.V., get an a e s t h e t i c record player with a really dope sound system / pre-amp

Destroy the turret generators before you go loud

>want to buy a sex toy but don't want my bank or mailman to know
I'm tormenting myself

>living room
ok grandpa

what do you call it, sport?

I don't have a living room, a sofa, or a TV rack. Not everyone lives in some shitty dime a dozen prebuilt home designed for and used by normalfags.

Attached: this_is_my_hole.jpg (500x657, 94K)

What's the best option to streaming to a TV through YPbPr or composite? I use a HDMI downscaler at the moment, but it's rubbish.

What plant is that?

it hit too close to home?

I just have one for background noise

it's weed

all of my cringe

i hooked my laptop up to my living room TV and use it as my main source of entertainment via wireless peripherals.

Attached: livingroom.jpg (1918x1032, 309K)

jesus christ
today I have met a wizard of maximum power

>find a store
>pay cash
wow that was hard
it's not like anyone you know or care about is going to see you in there anyways
also how the fuck is your mailman going to know the contents of a brown paper box
and if you buy it from some weeb site like jlist it could be a large order of pocky for all your bank knows

you know your bank doesn't get an itemized reciept when you buy shit off amazon or whatever

I don't have a TV and my living room just has two couches and coffee table with a couple of paintings and a tall lamp in one corner. I don't even use the living room.

unironically cozy

user, literally everyone that works at your bank owns at least one sex toy. If anything they'll be jelly you can afford the name brand dragon dildo.

Is this the outdated technology i like to have post?

TVs are unironically a great investment if you watch a lot of movies. I hesitantly bought a 55 inch 4k TV on sale thinking I might never use it, but I've completely stopped watching any form of media on my computer and watch everything on TV now.

I don't actually have TV service though, that's useless.

I have a isolated (non mart) tv with my offline media and podcasts and vidya.

I also have a seperate (nonsmart) TV on a VLAN'd odroid for streaming hulu/netflix.

I haven't used my TV since like May since it's so damn cold downstairs. I will use it again once Spring comes around.

>I haven't used my TV since like May since it's so damn cold downstairs.
>its july

Context on their thoughts would be useful. I have my pc attached to my tv which I use as my monitor (it's bigger than a monitor can be), so my gaming and movie watching is all done through my pc to the tv. I don't watch tv channels, though.

>American education

Attached: Screen%20Shot%202017-12-20%20at%2010.09.58%20AM.png (743x530, 347K)

>thinks seasons are related to that shit

South American education.