Linux is a botnet (possibly)

Linux is a botnet (possibly).
It has a closed source contribution made to it by Alphabet Inc. (the Google jews). Could be a botnet. Could be harmless.
Let's assume it's a botnet and jump ship, what do we move to now boys?

Attached: ganoo + leenukes.jpg (1920x1080, 264K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/torvalds/linux
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

BSD I suppose but what's the contribution that you're referring to?

>It has a closed source contribution made to it by Alphabet Inc.
github.com/torvalds/linux
what are you talking about?

Linux-libre

You might think based on the Git, but the Git is pure.
Most precompiled versions of the Linux kernel you get with a distro have this closed source contribution.
You have to use Gentoo or something to avoid it (or Linux From Scratch and use the pure Git form of Linux).

explain yourself

so what happens when I download the source and compile it using apt-src or the aur?

Source from GitHub?
It's pure.
Apt-Src? I am not sure.
AUR (why are you using Arch)? I am not sure.

>Most precompiled versions of the Linux kernel you get with a distro have this closed source contribution.
> this closed source contribution.
what the actual fuck are you talking about?

OK thanks buddy
can you please give me a link to your closed source blob included in every kernel ever?

Describe the contribution

>It's pure.
the fuck did he even mean by that?

Bait

>durr what is the gpl v2

holy fuck, I really can't tell if you're shit posting. what point are you trying to make?

you guys should be on haiku anyway
fuck botnet loonix

ok thanks OP

He isn't OP, I use Slackware.

The answer has been staring you right in the face for years. Are you ready to wake up?

Attached: stallman_.jpg (1366x768, 903K)

Yawn. Why bring this up? It's not like Google is the first one to add binary blobs to the kernel. Do you seriously think all manufacturers provide the source code for their drivers? Linux had two choices: 1. remain 100% FLOSS but with near non-existent hardware support or 2. negotiate a deal with hardware manufacturers to have their drivers added as binary blobs. If you don't like it then there's the Linux-libre project providing patches to remove binary blobs from the kernel, which, depending on your hardware, might or might not break something.

>Do you seriously think all manufacturers provide the source code for their drivers?
I hope EU starts fucking suing those who don't.

OP should explain himself. What exactly is this "Google contribution"?
Of course we do know there are some closed source components (binary blobs for certain firmware, etc), but we've also always had Linux-libre. To many, these particular blobs that Linux-libre gets rid of are a necessary evil however, as not having them removes support for a lot of hardware. Assuming you can get hardware that works with it though, Linux-libre is great.

If this is just to provoke a discussion surrounding things to jump ship to for whatever reason, I suppose BSD would be the closest.
Ideally in a perfect world, I would want there to be a viable microkernel OS. Hopefully Genode and Redox can pull it off. HURD and Minix are basically "research OS" tier at this point, and Fuchsia, although open source, will certainly be heavily botneted in the final product rolled out to consumers.