Is openvpn worth setting up?

Is openvpn worth setting up?

Attached: openvpn.jpg (399x399, 12K)

Attached: image.jpg (551x380, 36K)

do you want to use insecure wireless access points?

If you've got use for it, yeah, sure

It's good stuff, I hear

what

wireguard.com
thank me later

What is that?

No
Go with wireguard

Attached: IMG_20180801_015734.jpg (1920x458, 86K)

Is it FOSS ?

All vpn's are a false sense of security.

yes. I use ovpn to get to home network and to encrypt data when using public wifi

Why? Your data travels encrypted by a SSL layer.

Think about it, those silk road guys still got btfo, and you have to figure they were using some of the best available, and just about every day there's a news story about pedos getting caught doing illegal shit. Then, you look at how you're leaving a money trail leading right back to you when you purchase the service... If an entity wants to track you and what you do online, they can, it doesn't matter what you use. It's a false sense of security

Sure. I'm not a criminal or doing ilegal deals. I agree every pieces of software are insecure. To break SSL i know there are 2 ways a bug/0d or bruteforce. First depend if you are idiot and don't patch it. Latter bruteforce... BTFO immediately.

No

>the absolute state of openvpn users

>doesn't understand the difference between tor and vpns
what in the actual fuck are you talking about. also mitm/sslstrip is a thing

>Is X worth setting up?
how about you fucking do it and see?

Yes
Fuck you it's gpl 2

VPN isn't for avoiding FBI/NSA.
It's to stop third-parties from profiling you and to torrent without worrying about copyright infringement.

I have one set up and it's pretty good user. It even lets me posted here when my apartment complex gets banmed

The Silk Road faggot reused user names and made other stupid opsec mistakes, and the pedos that get caught are terminally stupid most of the time.

This

Kek

This.

np

It takes like an hour if you dont know what youre doing.
So yes.

>those silk road guys still got btfo
Not because of l33t anti-VPN hacks. He got caught because he was a retard and used his admin login on stackoverflow.

>Now think about it: if retards dont know about things, why do they talk about things?

> those silk road guys still got btfo
> pedos getting caught doing illegal shit
This is the thread about OpenVPN, not illegal activities.

Tor and a VPN are two different things

This