How do I motivate myself to study code instead of playing video games?

How do I motivate myself to study code instead of playing video games?

Attached: 1524408290942.png (633x758, 28K)

install gentoo

uninstall gentoo

thanks user will try :D

Install linux and use it

Dev environment with easy compiles and it shows you how it all works even without an IDE
Easy to setup and clone programming environment so you can work from anything

Have to work to make your games work so you'll appreciate them more when you do play and play them less

program your own games and play them.

will try this too :D

Learn to code video games.

but that requires way too many non-code related skills

not at all. you're not making them to get rich, just to learn.
don't waste time on art and music. just use free stuff.
or use a minimalist art style.

I checked out a coding textbook but I think it's just slowing me down because it wants me to learn HTML, Java, and Python and I'm just thinking of ditching it and learning C or C# or just anything else because this feels like such a waste of time.

sell your gpu

>coding textbook

Nigga just code hahahahahaha
Just write up a command line game hahahahha
just make tic tac toe ahahahah

Focus on one programming language (HTML is not one).
Learn the basics and then pick a simple graphics library to write games.

>HTML is not one
I know but the textbook I picked up seems to think it's some preliminary step to learning actual languages.

What's a good language to start with though?

Python is supposed to be very beginner friendly.

Maybe you're not motivated to study code because you don't want to study code. Maybe deep down inside you know this isn't what you want to spend the rest of your life doing.

Do some meditation. Do some drugs. Work through these things and really evaluate the direction you're going.

Thanks user. I'll binge CodeAcademy tomorrow.

Write mods for the videogames you play.

>Do some drugs.
What kind of retarded advice is that?

Weed or lsd will allow to look at your life in a new way and understand some of the flaws in your thinking.

The drug advice is great. Just stay away from coke, heroine, meth...actually, pretty much just weed, lsd and mushrooms are safe enough to be recreational

the kind you routinely find on this website?

>I'm going to deny myself a valid option for no apparent reason
If we are anything, we are the chemical state of our brain, and drugs simply change that state.

While I'm inclined to agree, I wouldn't say that you need to focus on recreational drugs, or more importantly, recreation.
I enjoy cannabis recreationaly, but have also used it as pain medication and an introspective tool. I think it's important in my own mind to make a distinction of "fun" and "experiment".

While meth has a bad name, there are a lot of people who actually depend on amphetamines to think clearly. I think the better advice is to avoid poorly sourced drugs. You can get meth and other amphetamines from a lab, often legally, but please do avoid street-made (not necessarily street sold) meth.

Meditate on the reasons why you should learn to code.
For me, i'm 5'6'', there's nothing else better in the world for a manlet like me than to sit in front of a computer and master the shit out of it. I should be able to solve every single computer related problem in the world or else i'm fucking loser.

>when you're a short man solving large problems but still feel like a loser
help me bro