When is this guy going to release competent amd gpus for mid and high range...

When is this guy going to release competent amd gpus for mid and high range? The vega line is a rip off and trails behind nvidia in performance and price.

Attached: 210px-AMD_CEO_Lisa_Su_20130415_cropped.jpg (210x247, 12K)

>trails behind nvidia in performance and price
Now this is epic.

High end GPUs only matter to 144 Hz gaymer manchildren

Unfortunately, that's a fact.
Vega runs too hot and costs more or/and runs worse than the gtx 1070/1070ti/1080. And nvidia will release the new 11xx series cards soon, giving even less reasons to go with amd for mid-high end gpus.

cool story bro

Its already to the point that most people don't even know what the equivalent to a 1070/1080/1060 even is on the AMD end because they don't bother considering them.

Cool facts, you mean. Here you go, see for yourself. Over a dozen 1070/1070ti before the first vega shows up. And like I said, next nvidia cards are out next month, will probably have a 20-30% boost over their previous models, while amd has vega housefires.

Attached: Screenshot_20180801-030446_Chrome.jpg (1440x2210, 832K)

Kek. You can buy a gtx 1080 for less than a vega 56.

What exactly is that image supposed to prove?

except the quadro series costs more than both vega and geforce and it is used for work so stfu you imbecile

My Rx 470 8gb still plays everything I want to play at Max settings 1080p so I have no reason to bitch. Only cost 190, mind you before the mining idiocy happened.

Nvidia cards are worthless to me until they make an open source driver.

That nvidia cards cost less while having similar or better performance. Vega 56 can just about go toe to toe with a gtx 1070, which costs less than the vega 56. Vega 56 gets beat by the ti and 1080, which also cost less than the vega 56.

Low end and early mid range amd gpus are great. It's after the rx 580 that amd begins to suck ass in price/performance.

I read that they increased research investments but it could take some time to catch up.

You have to take into account the premium you pay for a gsync monitor. GPU price isn't the whole story.

You don't need a gsync monitor, retard.

You do if you want to take full advantage of your card, which I expect you do when you're dropping $400+ on it.

You can take full advantage of your card just fine without gsync.

Mommy made me $55k over the last few years. Don't say anything bad about her.

*gsyncs into your linux installation*

Attached: 1532389414946.png (808x681, 486K)

>mfw bought RX480 8GB for $200
Dodged a fucking bullet right there.
>yfw RX580s (practically the same thing) still retail for $380

and you forgot already that vega is great in professional workloads compared to the quadro

shut up tripfag, you defended Fermi laptops

MUMMY SU

>still being a tripfag despite being monumentally incorrect

The state of tripfags everyone

I bet he doesn't even know what happens when he stop using one.

Protip: He's gonna get shrekt.

we should all know by now that

>building computer for productivity
AMD

>building computer for gaming and browsing facebook
Intel/Nvidia

>building a computer as you hate normal people and enjoy sitting in your room shitposting on weaboo imageboards, inciting hatred among other posters and generally acting like a terrible person
AMD/Nvidia

Attached: renderingbenchmarks.jpg (950x530, 163K)

Vega is a commercial success but a mindshare failure, vega wouldn't be so expensive if demand for them wasn't so high do to miners etc. The incredible thing is that vegas still sell at above MSRP now that the mining boom is mostly over.

Attached: 1508108137217.png (1400x1000, 986K)

Nice to see a transgender CEO for once.

vega was not meant for consumers, and they made that clear when talking about 7nm vega. its a compute card, not a gaming card

Not having your screen synced with your fps is by definition not taking full advantage of a card. I still wouldn't buy an AMD card though since they output too much heat and I live in a hot place.

Will multi-core CPUs replace GPUs?

>vega runs hot
meanwhile even the red devil vega 56 dont even go above 72 while nvidia flirts with 90c...

Only a fool would buy AMD products these days, least of all their GPUs.

t. unemplyed

I thought people of israel had ac

> You have to take into account the premium you pay for a gsync monitor.
IF and only if the buyer wants *sync.

Are you retarded, Vega has garbage price performance

Reminder that this tranny gutted RTG for Sony and short term profits in the pennies.

> short term profits
AFAIK they have to pay up for their obligations in 2020.

They do. AMD GPUs are fucking garbage and only a retard would spend money on them.

Console profit margins are miniscule. The big money are into quadro/tesla markets.

Holy fuck it's pathetic the amount of AMD shilling that goes on in this board.

Is anyone stupid enough not to believe that AMD is legitimately paying shills at this point?

Attached: 1527802208041.gif (330x166, 2.11M)

Attached: intel-israel.png (1196x676, 1.05M)

i believe it's pure poorfag autism

>AMD shills
It's the other way around, actually. It's just that Intel shills are sleeping right now.

Holy fuck it's pathetic the amount of Intel shilling that goes on in this board.

Is anyone stupid enough not to believe that Intel is legitimately paying shills at this point?

Attached: 1485356647744.gif (450x288, 989K)

Wtf how did you know I am Israeli? Are you a mod?
Anyway we have ACs but it gets depressing having it on all the time. When I lived with my brother, his gaming PC would fry our legs while the AC freezes our heads. Even now when I am alone the AC barely keeps up when it is 35 Celsius outside and I have have like 300 Watts of heat dissipating from my devices. I really wanted an RX 570 for better Linux compatibility but had to buy 1050ti for better availability and less TDP.

Attached: 1516405399163.jpg (236x253, 11K)

Vega Nano should be next.