*fetch thread

*fetch thread

Attached: Screenshot_20180731_192619.png (1600x900, 757K)

Other urls found in this thread:

paste.pound-python.org/raw/EhzBrh5SBJcvFR2kMaoY/
wiki.debian.org/Dwm
suckless.org/rocks/
suckless.org/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Bloat.

Attached: framebuffer_gentoo.png (1920x1080, 98K)

I really want to use debian but I could not get my wifi to work

how to do this without gui?

which wifi card?

Just install the wifi-driver with the LAN cable.

What font is this? Is it just some normal font set to bold? I've been trying to find "thicker" looking fonts

Attached: screeny.png (1920x1080, 539K)

the default font.
tmux. youtube program is mps-youtube

What default font? It's not my default

/etc/conf.d/consolefont says it's "default8x16"

Attached: 2018-08-01-060707_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 797K)

what's the DSCH thing in the top right?

do this but with the proprietary repo enabled if you got an intel or broadcom card. or just use ubuntu like a neurotypical person.

how do I edit the config file? it says it's read only and it won't let me edit the permissions because I'm "not the owner of the file"
How do I fix this?

very carefully

too soon OP
I played around with nix for a bit. it annoyed me that I couldn't launch binaries and I had to use the steam-run command which barely worked. I hope nix is working out well for you

Attached: bloated.png (1366x768, 1.08M)

it's the battery charge status.
DSCH - Discharging
CHRG - Charging
FULL - Full
???? - Unknown

how is it displayed?

Attached: 2018-07-31-232544_1366x768_scrot.png (1366x768, 473K)

it's a python script i wrote that runs in the background. it directly outputs it to the /dev/fb0 framebuffer. here's the source if you want it.
paste.pound-python.org/raw/EhzBrh5SBJcvFR2kMaoY/

neat, tnx

bleat

Attached: 1502156685101.png (1366x768, 722K)

always nice to see you in these threads, d33r.

Not sure what you mean, steam "just works" but I'm guessing maybe that wasn't always the case?
As for launching binaries I'm still not sure what you mean. 3rd party binaries maybe? If so that's only because Nix uses a custom linker so yeah in those cases you kind of have to hack it a bit, and modify the linker paths in the binary using elfedit.
But that would be true of any operating system trying to run binaries compiled for a different linker and different library paths. Nix is just very unconventional.

uwu

Attached: 1513570940518.png (239x273, 75K)

nevermind I forgot I didnt run it as root

rate em

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-07-30 12-00-25.png (1600x900, 236K)

I wasn't talking about steam. I was talking about the steam-run command which the people over at the nixos irc recommended me to use to launch third party binaries. it did work but the text was invisible on most applications and they all felt broken and since nobody else had an issue with the command I'm guessing I did something stupid but besides that I really like nix

Interesting. I wonder if that's a simple trick to bypass having to use elfedit. But like I said, it's a bit of a hack no matter how you do it I guess.

This is probably my favorite rice that I've done.

I like the clean minimal.

Attached: 2018-08-01-004733_2560x1600_scrot.png (2560x1600, 369K)

solid 9/10.

Bro i switched to st, it's like 100x faster
im loving it
fuck urxvt
THAT SHIT BLOAT

I might do it as well, Is it too hard to install the patches?

I'm having an issue with neofetch displaying images with w3m as a backend. images are displayed fine, but if I click anywhere in the terminal, the images end up disappearing one line at a time as the mouse hovers. not sure whats going on.

shitty and gay samefag

Attached: 31-07-2018-14:07:50.png (1920x1080, 1.94M)

listen i use dwm and i don't use patches. At most i edit config.h and change some stuff but thats about it wiki.debian.org/Dwm
i use st with no patches.

patches are a meme, imo

hi

Attached: Screenshot_20180731_225738.png (1920x1080, 2.76M)

faggot

ur moms a faggot

im gonna rape your mom and you faggot fuck bitch nigger dick fucker sucker nigger fuck u
fucking bloat nigger meat eater nigger
fuck u

What the desu did you just fucking desu about me, you little desu? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my desu in the Navy Desus, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret desus on Al-Desu, and I have over 300 confirmed desus. I am trained in desu warfare and I’m the top desu in the entire US armed desu. You are nothing to me but just another desu. I will desu you the fuck out with desu the likes of which has never been seen before on this desu, mark my fucking desu. You think you can get away with saying that desu to me over the desu? Think again, desu. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of desu across the USA and your desu is being traced right now so you better prepare for the spam, maggot. The spam that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your desu. You’re fucking desu, kid. I can be desu, desu, and I can desu you in over desu ways, and that’s just with my bare desu. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed desu, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Desu and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable desu off the face of the desu, you little desu. If only you could have known what unholy desu your little “desu” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking desu. But you desu, you desu, and now you’re desu, you goddamn desu. I will shit desu all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking desu, kiddo.

should've ended it with senpai

but muh colors and muh copy and paste.

>muh copy paste
ctrl+shift+c = copy
ctrl+shift+v = paste

figured it out yesterday
>muh colors
terminal.sexy

go pick simple terminal and copy and paste and compile st
patches are a meme

glad you're liking it
I didn't install any patches yet but I will someday. sometimes not having scrollback is annoying especially when emerging

oh yeah
no wonder i can't scrollback
eh, idc
i guess if you want scrollback, get that one patch?

>it works
Thanks user.
I think I'll install scroll patch.

Attached: eaec992b44dfcca6a53cb22e341792d2c57fe7dc3615584d87c374a54b97dc50.png (370x286, 77K)

I'm not having that issue.

what happens in mine is that if i change workspaces or focus to another window the image just completely disappears.

Never the less, it's a known issue. The dude who wrote neofetch claims it's w3m causing the problem.

yeah also if you are using bash, that shit is bloat
switch to mksh or dash

Attached: screenfetch.png (1920x1080, 712K)

Wait, I didn't know that was possible.
>that shit is bloat
What do you mean?

not him but yikes. you're stallman levels of caring about bloat! You should start making minimalism threads again

ah yes I have those symptoms too. i should try a different backend tomorrow and see what happens. thanks for the info

Attached: Screenshot_2018-07-31_14-45-14.png (1366x768, 690K)

fuck stallman, he is bloat himself, doesn't even workout or do exercise
fuck gpl
fuck gnu
that shit is bloat
MIT MASTERRACEEE
>What do you mean?
suckless.org/rocks/

Attached: Screenshot-6.png (1366x768, 1.01M)

why do my fonts look so fuzzy and shitty on polybar? :c

> suckless.org/
Opinion discarded.

Nice.

Attached: 2018-08-01-065548_1600x900_scrot.png (1600x900, 210K)

Thx friend, your too

nothing says "I'm totally a serious individual and not just a 25 year old boomer" like space and video games

Attached: capture-2018-08-01-02-29-12.png (1280x1024, 171K)

the pseudo-3D window decorations clash with the flat+glossy taskbar but that wallpaper is nice and you should post it for us

Attached: 2018-08-01-102005_1920x1080_scrot.png (1920x1080, 207K)

Don't really know about ricing stuff. My desktop is pretty standard, but I try to make it look nice. The pape is an oldie and boomers will know where it is from. ;)

not really trying to roast it honestly but with a good theme on that taskbar to match the window decorations it would look really nice if you ask me

now that I think about it, didn’t that wallpaper ship with Solaris? it’s been a while since I’ve run any of my SPARC systems

I got the pape from the CDE tarball over on Sourceforge. It was in some old bitmap format and I copied it over for myself. I really like it and I keep reusing it. You WinRAR. Had to export it as a png so Jow Forums would accept it.

Attached: SunLogo.png (48x48, 509)

Got my test-site up kek

Attached: ayy.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

transparent/10

mediocre

gross, but you get some points for gentoo

berry nice

is ok

lovely colours

what's mutter like?

what bar?

desktop items and hacker green.

stock conky

impressive

two clocks

Attached: 2018-08-01-113351_3200x1080_scrot.png (3200x1080, 313K)

Hah, just reliased I have bach doubled up! Better sort that out!

>66966750 (You)
>mediocre
My color pallet is off for what's going on but I've been kinda busy lately. Just a week into Linux and still need to into css for firefox but I want to wait until I know more; I've taken to learning html/css in as serious as a manner possible without actually going into academics. Any tips for Linux in general?
>packages: 788
Teach my your ways oh gentoo man

>788
That's with a whole bunch of stuff installed as well.
>Teach my your ways oh gentoo man

i-install... gentoo... Embrace the USE flags

user I.. just can't tell.. if you're memeing or not...

Attached: rei.gif (400x310, 267K)

memes aside gentoo is a great, albeit involved, distro.

when all ur shit os lets u do without breaking is take screenshots

>being this jealous

Attached: hommm.gif (320x240, 189K)

That's right on, I mean I'm open for involved; I tried to install Arch but I was desperate to get my pc working again after a hardware mishap so I tried like five times then went Debian in the interest of time. I've been thinking about switching to Arch when I have the time to be down but I'm open to Gentoo I just don't know much about it. Convince me maybe friend?

I used arch for a while. But it's a fairly fast and loose distro and the community wasn't my cup of tea. It claims to be minimal but it really isn't, ie having all USE flags on by default. Gentoo give you whole new level of control and portage is one of the best package managers I have worked with. The gentoo irc is also a great place, where as long as you know how to ask a question properly then you can get great help.

Knowing how to ask a question in the given context is akin to knowing how to learn in my opinion. I can definitely see how having the AUR and the relatively broad default repo being enough to, in actual practice, end up being bloated in the end result, if anything due to the user. I'm of course so new that while trying to stay lean I do just kind of trust Debian package dependencies to be essential, but I want to go deeper so to speak. However, like I said time is a thing and there are situations where I need something to just werk so. I don't know, but thanks for your insight, I'll certainly read some wikis about Gentoo and educate myself further; I just haven't seen many people have any info about Gentoo who haven't been memeing or been gate-keeping.

gentoo gets memed a whole bunch due to whole compiling and kernel config thing which seems to make it a really complicated distro. But desu it's really not that hard to get your head around.
>like I said time is a thing and there are situations where I need something to just werk
Apart from the initial kernel config, which is the hardest part if you're new to it all, the rest just-werks(tm) and unless you have a toaster of a computer emerging most packages doesn't take long at all.

>Apart from the initial kernel config, which is the hardest part if you're new to it all, the rest just-werks(tm)
Right on, definitely an option then. Thanks home-skillet-boi-install-gentoo-unironically-guy

how much for this userstyle

whats the best distro for a 14 year old pc

desktöp

Attached: Screenshot_2018-08-01_15-36-52.png (1920x1080, 1.82M)

Which tools to use to read pdfs like that?

Attached: Kazam_screenshot_00014.png (1920x1080, 315K)

older version of lubuntu or anything lighter than that

Attached: Kazam_screenshot_00015.png (1920x1080, 295K)

holy shit, that's really good

XFCE is a kool guy and doesn't afraid of anything

Attached: Kazam_screenshot_00016.png (1920x1080, 852K)

Anyone know what font this guy is using?

seeing as that's me. I do. It's knxt

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-01 09-06-01.png (2560x1440, 3.16M)

what music player and what theme/wm combo onegaishimasu

>hacker green
Are you retarded? That's the logo color, dipshit.

>music player
ncmpcpp
>wm
i3
>theme
???
install gentoo then.

>install gentoo
Why would I do that if I already have a functioning system?

>hacker green

i meant the color codes sry but thanks

>muh shitty color palette and IRC
Suck it up, champ. Gentoo is not as good as it is hyped up to be. I got a working desktop computer up with it and I don't think it was worth the effort to have the epeen.