OPENWRT/LEDE FINALLY MERGED WITH v18.06. PROTECT YOUR ROUTER WITH IT TODAY!

>OpenWRT 18.06 is now available as the router/networking/embedded-focused Linux distribution.

>OpenWRT 18.06 is a significant release in that it's the first since the OpenWRT and LEDE projects decided to merge under the unified OpenWRT umbrella following the two year fork of the "Linux Embedded Development Environment" (LEDE).

>OpenWRT 18.06 succeeds OpenWRT 15.05 and LEDE 17.01 and adds support for network flow offloading and modernizing Atheros AR71xx support, among kernel and package updates along with other alterations.

>Sources to OpenWRT 18.06 are available via GitHub while the install targets for various architectures/boards are available from OpenWRT.org.

phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=OpenWRT-18.06-Released

Attached: openwrt-1.png (449x449, 64K)

Other urls found in this thread:

openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt54g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It's about fucking time.

I'd install it but that would mess up my router's uptime.

i know right, i was up to 200 ish before a storm... i need a ups

Attached: Capture.jpg (267x37, 10K)

Noice. I'll wait for the next release/hotfix to install it, it's better for such a crucial device.

200 days? lol is that supposed to be impressive or what?

>mess up my router's uptime.
imagine being this autistic

Well, this is Jow Forums.

anyone know of any 4G routers that support openwrt?

Just upgraded my WRT1900ACS to openwrt 18.06, everything is working fine.

how's the 5ghz?

Install openbsd

Works well, it reaches over 300 megabit when syncing shit from my phone to the local syncthing server.

I'll wait for the inevitable security patches.

Do I have to update? Look at that uptime senpai

Attached: file.png (887x225, 6K)

normalfaggot here. Why should I install this?

Holy fuck, it finally happened!
Did you guys wipe coming from 17.01, or did you keep settings?

I did a clean install.

glad to know, how much free space? want to try squid with a usb stick

Around 25 MB on this particular router.
Currently I have 22 MB free since I install vnstat and the shit required to mount USB drives.

are you for real bruv

Not that guy, but you lack imagination:
>living in a remote area, with no infrastructure but with mobile coverage.

oh shit apparently I take modern living for granted and has robbed me of imagination

clean

yes, sadly I am for real
I'm using my provider's 4g router now but I don't like it.
The only other alternative I found is using one of those 4g dongles and connecting that to another router with openwrt and setting that up

Thanks OP

Attached: Untitled.png (1045x864, 35K)

I'll update my repeaters first, then my main router

my asus needs hardware acceleration, so I'm sticking with merlin

OpenWRT has HW NAT support for my router. Check your model on their site, you might have a nice surprise.

this

Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

is it easy to install on a Linksys WRT54GL and configure through a web browser interface like the stock firmware or DD-WRT because i dont want to sort though gobs of documentation trying to find the right command to throw at it in a terminal

In general it's easy to config through the web interface like any other router -- I've never had problems with my setup.
Your model will have memory issues with openwrt, though, so I'd stick with what you've got unless you plan to replace the hardware.

Just buy a new one, Jesus.
openwrt.org/toh/linksys/wrt54g