>Join: irc://irc.rizon.net:6697
>#Jow Forumspunk
>#Jow Forumssec
>#nfo
>(All require SSL)
>IRC guide:
>github.com/mayfrost/guides/blob/master/IRC.md

Last threads:

Attached: 1d8ac94544d15af2934b9a32ca57ab79.jpg (730x1462, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/cyb/er/blob/0/sec_resources.md#ctf.
wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TT-RSS
bbc.com/news/technology-45032132
bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-45029043
tomshardware.com/news/cisco-backdoor-hardcoded-accounts-software,37480.html
r00t.cz/Misc/MikrotikBackdoor
tldp.org/HOWTO/Security-HOWTO/
lwn.net/Articles/760203/
webtoons.com/en/challenge/black-vertebra-comic/list?title_no=102826
eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1333539
sifive.com/products/hifive-unleashed/
ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/eud-security-guidance-ubuntu-1804-lts
misc0110.net/web/files/netspectre.pdf
bbc.com/news/world-asia-45040968
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What are you working on, /cyb/?

Trying to git gud at binary exploitation, but its just not sticking in my brain, so im practicing my C skills

Seems like I came really early. Have a bump.

FAQ editor here, I am hoping for inputs to the /sec/ FAQ about CTF.

There seems to be quite a few on gitgud.io/cyb/er/blob/0/sec_resources.md#ctf. Maybe you could copy some of those over?

Anyone knows if a torrent of IDA Pro (pref. 6 or 7) for GNU/Linux exists? Also, has anyone cracked Binary Ninja yet?
>tfw too poor to afford any of those

Good input, thanks. The list was extensive so I'd like to hear comments/recommendations on these. Inevitably people will ask which to start off with.

my pfsense box arrived, that'll keep me busy some time. While I'm at it, now would be the perfect time to bootstrap a lab.

is radare2 not an option?

Revived my old x86 packer/virtualizer and added x64 support

ELF support (only PE now) is next

I do use r2, but the learning curve is quite steep. Also, Snowman is nowhere as good as the Hex Rays decompiler. As for Binary Ninja, I really like it's simplicity and it has a ton of neat features.

What's the best way to RE a stripped, gtk crackme? What's the easiest way to reliably find an onclick handler for a button?

RSS readers that sync to your account. Yes or no?

Account, in the cloud? Too revealing. An account on your own guarded server is OK.

Do people ITT run their own servers on dedicated hardware, or just their regular computers?

I haven't thought of this. I do have a server I could host it on. Is this what I should be looking into? wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/TT-RSS I don't see anything in here about how to connect to it from remote devices though.

why not roll your own?
RSS is easy enough to crawl.
strap a few lines of js around your created output and post the id of the last viewed element back to the server. when opening, jump to said entry

I'd be willing to try it, but unsure of where to start. Any good resources on this?

you'd need something to retrieve the feeds, should probably run every few minutes. A tool for something like that would be beautifulSoup.
RSS entries usually feature an ID or timestamp, so you can tell if you've already retrieved it. from those entries, generate a html page which you open on your devices.
now create something to POST your reading progress back to and you're golden

Helping a team build a distributed system that accelerates data transfer for large files. Doing the monitoring aspect; looking up what database to use to store the data. Right now for me to do any analysis/build models I need to pull it all then batch resample it on my PC. Looking at openTSDB rn where I can offload the resampling to the db cluster.

Learning about resampling and how to accurately represent percentiles at the extreme ends using k-means. Lots of cool plugins for openTSDB that do that

Attached: JeffDean_480.jpg (1200x801, 208K)

You can look into that or any of the countless RSS readers out there. Be a bit careful about KDE based RSS readers, if they rely on Akonadi you should avoid them.

As for connection you could use ssh, for instance from an Xterm using ssh -CX to bring up a window from your server to your local screen.

Or you could use a text based RSS reader and read in the terminal. It is a bit primitive but very fast. Most of the time the headline and ingress are sufficient while the rest of the article is filled with idle speculations from the journalist.

Attached: Gu7c5fS.jpg (1920x1080, 359K)

Quiet day, isn't it? Time to push some
=== /sec/ News:
A Canadian town has found the antidote to computer malware, by necessity:
bbc.com/news/technology-45032132

Too often the problem is suman, not technical as in here
bbc.com/news/uk-england-devon-45029043

>Canadian town
*Alaskan. Sorry.

Woring on my GAWN certification.

For news, bunch of cisco exploits just found too in their routers.
tomshardware.com/news/cisco-backdoor-hardcoded-accounts-software,37480.html

And it is not the first time Cisco has been caught pants down with such accounts with hardwired passwords. What are the chances they were not asked to insert these from an alphabet agency?

And can you really be too paranoid anymore?

For any major company in the us, it's stupid to assume there is no backdoor. It's like assuming chinese or russian products don't. I put more trust in either american small companies or some foreign companies like Mikrotik, since Latvia wouldn't probably fuck with them. I know the swiss review code of products from their country, but I don't believe they backdoor, they just take security extremely serious so shit like Securosys is trustworthy.

I' kinda stuck with my pfSense.
My plan was to create a seperate VLAN for clients I want to mitm.
The idea was to use the Captive Portal to 'sort' clients based on their MAC. The authentification works but I can't seem to get them tagged for said VLAN.
Additionally, that'd require be to manage all MACs by hand - there doesn't seem to be a setting to place failed authentifications in another VLAN without dropping back to the Captive Portal and entering credentials.

Is what I'm trying to do even feasible?
Background: the target clients are VM's, but I'd like to leave the host machine alone.
I know I could use a seperate adapter but would prefer if it'd work without

Cyberpunk has nothing to do with cybersecurity.

Wrong. Anyone who cares about the cyberpunk philosophy is necessarily into cybersecurity.

>Mikrotik
user....
r00t.cz/Misc/MikrotikBackdoor
There is a lot more.

Oh, and the MikroTik Wiki entry was deleted after some weird arguments. Damage limitation by nameless agencies?

Depends on the project and possibilities. Prototyping happens at home. Most of the time when something requires some processing powers I run it on my server, but when something is deployed it must be outside my home on some VPS.

Just trying to get a fucking job my dude. It's like there's nothing out there for a fresh college grad. I need an internship or SOMETHING. I see it every day, my standards get lower and lower. First, I wanted entry level cybersec (graduated with a cybersec degree, mind you [tho technically not really graduated yet]). Then I guess I was being kind of picky so I moved onto other stuff like Forensic analysis, software dev, DBA, and web dev. Nada, nothing but rejection emails or radio silence. Now I'm looking for anything full-time, even general networking/IT is cool. Shit, I might even settle for one of those rotational tech programs some companies offer - as long as I'm getting paid.
So on that note, who's got tips on job hunting for the young /cyb/erpunks out there?

Other than that I guess I'm trying to learn C and read a lot more books in leiu of playing vidya all the time. Going back and re-reading the art of exploitation for a refresher after college and just got neuromancer which I heard was good.

Attached: fEmjR55_d.jpg (300x300, 10K)

If you want to build a name for yourself you could update the Security HOWTO. IT is a low hanging fruit but at the same time many will benefit.
tldp.org/HOWTO/Security-HOWTO/

It is from 2004 so it is need of an update but new chapters such as a chapter on privacy.

so i'm working through this android app and it's been quite inconvenient (to say the least) the get information out of it, here's what I've tried:

- working through the decompiled code through jadx

result:
freezes most of the time, unable to even scroll through all of the code

- going through the decompiled code using a normal text editor (vscode in this case)

result:

works "fine" but i can't follow function calls to their declarations and it becomes very bothersome to find them and manually reverse them

- deobfuscate using multiple tools found in github and around the network

result:

either I'm too incompetent (very likely) or none of them work

- dbi with frida (the decompiled app has lots of native functions)

result:

unfeasible, since i don't know the name of the functions i have to instrument all of the program, which most of the time just leads to the program crashing in the phone

this is the first time i'm dealing with phones and i have very little experience with vulnerability research. what have i missed? thanks

I've yet to come across this since I first read about it and I've been using Mikrotik for years for 1,000s of customers.
When I got out of college with a computer forensics degree, my jobs went in this order
>roofer
>bouncer
>Satellite installer
>Wireless network installer
>Crypto engineer
You need to start with shittier jobs. I was going to start with a NOC helpdesk but luckily got the sat installer job. If you don't have connections, you are going to have to rely on determination and luck. I didn't get my crypto job until I applied 3 times and interviewed twice. I would also look at certs. Directive 8750 shows the good ones. Also tip: If you like programming, become an FPGA programmer. High demand, very low supply. C is a good language and really a must in software, but it won't set you apart.

What books, sites, and exercises are you using?

I've been using Hacking: The Art Of Exploitation and I'm starting to make some real progress. Currently working through the Narnia wargame at overthewire.

=== /sec/ News:
Backdoor concerns have been around for a while and for good reasons. Theodore Y. Ts'o has some thoughts about it:
lwn.net/Articles/760203/
>The presumption is that (at least for US-based CPU manufacturers) the amount of effort needed to add a blatant backdoor to, say, the instruction scheduler and register management file is such that it couldn't be done by a single engineer, or even a very small set of engineers. Enough people would need to know about it, or would be able to figure out something untowards was happening, or it would be obvious through various regression tests, that it would be obvious if there was a generic back door in the CPU itself. This is a good thing, because ultimately we *have* to trust the general purpose CPU. If the CPU is actively conspiring against you, there really is no hope.

I think he is rather optimistic. And how many have run such regression tests? And if they did, what conclusions could they really draw?

Damn, I didn't even know that project existed. I've got a lot of free time, and it'd be easy to talk about my contributions to prospective employers.
So these are the guys that write all of my man pages? Guess I never thought about who wrote them...thanks for the suggestion m8

I'm done being picky. Whatever I can get ill take at this point. I've got plenty of years to try and move into cybersec in the future. And I'm not too crazy about programming for a job, though I guess I wouldn't mind - I worked on a sql db with a c# and visual basic front end system for a while. but I'll probably look more into FPGA. Never heard of it before but the concept seems pretty easy to grasp. And it's not like I've got better things to do other than drink and watch anime and play vidya lmao

It would, at least in my line of work, consist of programming encryption accelerators. Always in high demand. Especially now with cloud computing. They need fpga's for aes-gcm and what not.

nevermind

Where can i get hexchat for not money?

Keylogger in golang. Already did bitcoin thief which swaps out any bitcoin address in clipboard with yours, what is nice is that there is plenty of source for bitcoin validation online, and I modified it to work with my code. I use to post it in /hmg/ for other peeps to use, and they modify it to their liking.

Attached: blackhatgolanghurrr.png (566x677, 758K)

I've just been doing Protostar from exploit-exercises, and going to liveoverflow on yt for help.

I might check out Hacking: The Art Of Exploitation and Narnia though, thanks.

I applied to over 60 companies my senior year, bombed most interviews, and then landed a great job
Pretend you have a X% chance of getting any particular offer, and you applied to Y companies
It's waaaaay easier to double Y than double X

ArcheryOS updates, I've started working on the OpenRC version. The next version should bring some big changes to ArcheryOS.

I've been writing a botnet in golang, and have been wanting to add a keylogger function. Is your keylogger platform specific? How are you going about it?

Attached: ArcheryOS-Logotype_02_ex.png (1280x1280, 30K)

I've got some snippets lying around aswell, but haven't done much.
My approach would be compiling it into a DLL for injection.
You could even reuse some code of your bitcoin thief - some copy&paste their passwords.

>graduated with a cybersec degree

I seriously hope that's a postgraduate degree like a Masters or something, and not a Bachelors.

Attached: >2011 君たちshig波.jpg (700x700, 247K)

Attached: DSC1960-1.jpg (1920x1276, 1.37M)

Y tho

>I've been writing a botnet in golang, and have been wanting to add a keylogger function. Is your keylogger platform specific? How are you going about it?

At the moment its platform specific (windows) my keylogger still in its early stages for example, when I hold shift, it prints out shift until I stop holding it, and I need to work on "shiftkeydown" and "shiftkeyup" function or not even print [shift] in my log, and just make the letters uppercase when shift is detected. I am using syscall library in golang, and doing syscall whatever you want to call it to user32.

>I've got some snippets lying around aswell, but haven't done much.
Thats how I have been for last couple of months.

>My approach would be compiling it into a DLL for injection.
That is something I want to try in the future.

>You could even reuse some code of your bitcoin thief - some copy&paste their passwords.
Yep, my plan is to log anything being copy, and pasted, and if it happens to come across a bitcoin address *shrugs* why not swap it out with yours

Soon...

Just came across this comic which is supposed to be a bit Cyberpunk:
webtoons.com/en/challenge/black-vertebra-comic/list?title_no=102826
From the blurb:
>Vertebra is romance +adventure story in cyberpunk/post-apo setting where the main hero is a biologicaly enhanced human-weapon! He battles the demons from his past while searching for his own place in the world. MATURE CONTENT -NUDITY-VIOLENCE-CREEPY THINGS -

>my plan is to log anything being copy, and pasted,
have fun when your target decides to reorganize their mp3-database - copying files causes a lot of noise.
Next thing to consider is a max size of what you want to dump. I doubt you're interested in someone's copy&pasting of wikipedia whereas you might miss interesting stuff

semirelated, the botnet was just helping me.
I'm currently at work, was searching the interwebs for pic rel by name of the program.
Suddenly, the AV pops up, notifying me about "D:\dev\test\Clipboardexplorer.exe"
If that didn't pop up, I'd had to download it again :^)
>hi microsoft!

Attached: 2018-08-02 13_32_18-Clipboard Explorer 1.1.png (1037x534, 18K)

don't "nevermind" us, user.
I doubt many have expirience in RE'ing android apps, so feel free to share which way worked out

Any comfy themes for Sublime Text or even other editors with a Cyberpunk vibe? Please point me to them.

Oh thanks for that, I may need to modify just have it by text only. Idk I will test it later.

Masters is overkill before you have gotten into the field. It's good once you are in. Bachelor's + certs is fine for applying.

I would really like to write a kernel for ARM but i haven't really got the time. Might wait until risc chips become cheap then write one for that instead.

RISC-V seems to be where the action is these days. The advantage of being early is that you can carve out a reputation for yourself while in the ARM ecosystem you are one out of a million

Hip and trendy example:
eetimes.com/document.asp?doc_id=1333539

Attached: hardcore_tutorial_character_final_version2_5_logo_upload.jpg (776x1100, 208K)

You can get used rack-mount servers and racks (full, not half) cheap on craigslist. Otherwise some sort of SBC (single board computer, e.g. raspberry pi, odroid c2, etc.) or a PC Engines APU would work.

Is he not counting Intel Management Engine and AMD PSP for some reason?

Compile it, maybe. It's free (both libre and gratis) on GNU/Linux. I think they only charge for the Windows version.

sifive.com/products/hifive-unleashed/

Yes, seems he has conveniently forgotten it. And I am not sure what benchmarking would have revealed shenanigans in ME.

ok, got it working in theory.
So for a win10 host with virtualbox
>download and install Realtek's Ethernet Diagnostic Tool (got a Realtek NIC)
>add VLAN
>reenable IPv4 and IPv6 on physical NIC again (wtf?)
>add host-only NIC in virtualbox
>bridge host-only and virtual VLAN NIC
>... wonder why almost all connections on the VLAN fail

Long story short: use a separate NIC

=== /sec/ News:
GCHQ offers security tips on ... Ubuntu
>EUD Security Guidance: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
ncsc.gov.uk/guidance/eud-security-guidance-ubuntu-1804-lts
>This guidance was developed following testing on devices running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

OK, so did they find holes or did they not? Not telling, so far. In any case the list seems quite comprehensible.

I have separate servers, keeps the noise down.

You might want to look into HP PA-RISC machines. Old but also before the time when backdoors probably were mandatory. I have one. If I had the space I would have gotten a PA-RISC Superdome. There are plenty on Ebay

Interesting. Thanks for the info.

how can you protect yourself from someone in your house?

CQC. I guess maybe you mean as far as computer security. It's certainly going to be more difficult if they're tech-literate, since physical access is enough to do some serious damage. Full-disk encryption to protect your data from snooping, but if it's just some asshole pranking you, I think they could still boot a liveusb and wipe your harddrive to ruin your day.

bump

NetSpectre whitepaper finally released:

misc0110.net/web/files/netspectre.pdf

No local machine code need be executed. Remote network commands can exploit Spectre. Suprise Surprise

Is the Signal app any good?

>Cybersecurity essentials/resources
Listed all the competitors like Telegram is no good.

Also would you trust Apple's default encryption?

Signal's encryption is supposed to be good for 1:1 communication. Group chats are inheretly less secure because of convenience.
Apple's encryption itself may be good but since they store everything in icloud by default it's pointless against state vectors

>What are you working on, /cyb/?
Pushing win95 onto my raspberry pi because I don’t knkw.

Practising setting up DFS shares because a project at work was made 100x more difficult because I was using sync tools on files that were being modified in two seperate locations, instead of having everything replicated across a DFS.

>has anyone cracked Binary Ninja yet?
>not cracking it yourself using other available tools
Weak.

I knew Apple had backups on cloud but I didn't know that they had essential information. More info on this user?

Still not in F-Droid, I believe due to, as always, Moxie being a dickweed. But at least there is a version that doesn't have the dependency on Google Play. You get to download the APK and sideload it yourself, including updates, which the app will badger you about. (Oh yeah, and they follow a rapid-release philosophy, so even if there are no security problems, just a UI change or a bugfix you don't care about, you still get nagged. Enjoy.) All those complaints aside, it probably is still your best encrypted-messenger option. The crypto itself is sound, and it's normie-friendly enough that I've had some success getting non-technical people to install it.

My understanding is that the main weakess isn't icloud, since you can turn that off (though it is on by default), it's key distribution. Key distribution is always hard and the way Apple handled it was to basically say "We'll do it, trust us". Communication between two people in iMessage is, I believe, peer-to-peer without Apple involved. Once they have each other's public keys, that is, and each party just gets those from Apple. If a three-letter agency wanted to, they could compel Apple to serve weak or "escrowed" (backdoored) keys to people, so that messages sent to someone of interest could be read.

You can't really defend against this without doing some kind of out-of-band thing like comparing key fingerprints in person. Which Apple (and many others) reject out of hand for UX reasons. Even if you expose the functionality people generally won't do it. When's the last time you recorded a freshly-generated SSH key on a machine, and then checked it when SSH asks you, "I haven't seen this machine before. Here's the key, do you trust it and want it in known_hosts?"

I'm on the fence of how much convince I want to lose for security.

I already encrypt my backups and drives because Apple makes it easy. VPN is used for torrents and public WiFi and thats about it. Should I get Proton email? (Whats the point if email senders and receivers of my emails are unencrypted? which is the majority of my email)

Moxie's issue with fdroid is that your habe to sign your release with their keys. Fdroid in turn won't touch anything that doesn't have their keys. I can kinda unterstand his position, even the one about supporting websockets instead of GCM. Websockets are a massive battery hog and less reliable. If someone has an issue, they'll blame Signal instead of their own decision

Strictly speaking we cannot know how much they have in the cloud. There are far too many potential side channels for them to exfiltrate your data. And for all we know this could be mandated by alphabet soup agencies. Cloud means loss of control.

He has a point, a Bachelor's in Cyber Security is fucking dumb and it's probably something tertiary institutions are making bank off. Infosec requires very strong computer science fundamentals.

It's why cyber security is not an entry field, you don't leave college and go into some respectable security firm that doesn't work with snake oil. Having a Bachelor's in Cyber Security etc. is like having a Bachelor's in Quantum Physics, it's retarded.

Is up to date Mac secure than up to date Windows? And is up to date iOS secure than up to date Androids?

Apple devices seem to have more security around from the core. Even hardware and software security seems to be better integrated

I want to co-locate my trading bot.

I need a crash course in Windows VPS Security.

Attached: wallhaven-672935.jpg (2160x1215, 839K)

=== /sec/ News
Computers are not the only thing to be compromised, as it were
>South Korea's spy cam porn epidemic
bbc.com/news/world-asia-45040968
>More than 6,000 cases of so-called spy cam porn are reported to the police each year, and 80% of the victims are women.

What is next? Analysing pictures to deduce health status and then sell this to insurance companies? We have already had cases where toilets were rigged to extract urine samples from unwitting users.

Damn it. I didn't wake up in time to tell you faggots:
CYBERPUNK AND CYBERSEC have nothing in common. This meme needs to die so cybersec can be taken more seriously.

You are amusing. And what did "cybersec" achieve alone? Any documents? Not even a logo. In here we have now 2 or 4 FAQs, depending on how you count, a huge repository of files and possibly the comfiest general on Jow Forums. That, my friend, is success.

Attached: Internet2021.gif (499x279, 758K)

Protonmail is dumb. Set up PGP so /sec/ peeps can send you encrypted things.
And yes, email security is entirely useless if it ends up in a Gmail inbox anyway.

IMHO the main thing you want to focus on is running as little proprietary software as possible. You need to be personally in control.

>Is up to date Mac secure than up to date Windows? And is up to date iOS secure than up to date Androids?
We cannot know, we can only know what has been disclosed. And just as in economics, past performances are no guarantees about the future.

>Apple devices seem to have more security around from the core.
Their PR is superb. Apple used to represent a smaller target so malware authors paid less attention to them. That does not mean Apple makes more secure products. In any case chipset backdoors is a problem since various agencies could force them to insert weaknesses.

>Even hardware and software security seems to be better integrated
How?

Protonmail is made for sending mail to normies. You don't want to be that guy handing out your pgp public key irl.

Starting uni in a month, Computer Science or Computer Engeering?

What email services do you recommend? I've got a gmail and protonmail
that I use, mainly. I've had the gmail since it was in beta, so years
and years of accounts associated with it. Can't really imagine how you'd
even properly migrate all that, but I figure if I find a better provider
I can at least use it for communication and maybe move over a few of the
more important accounts. I'm hesitant to put all my eggs in the
protonmail basket, since I'm pretty sure you can't use it with a proper
email client. I've mostly used webmail throughout my life, but I want to
change that.

>What email services do you recommend?
Freeshell of one form or another. I also use 1337.no for that extra Bazinga!
>I've got a gmail and protonmail
>that I use, mainly.
GMail is compromised and I guess Protonmail too, both are simply too popular.

>I've had the gmail since it was in beta, so years
>and years of accounts associated with it.
That means Google and who knows who else have a pretty solid profile about you.

>Can't really imagine how you'd
>even properly migrate all that, but I figure if I find a better provider
Don't migrate, keep both, think traffic analysis.

>I can at least use it for communication and maybe move over a few of the
>more important accounts. I'm hesitant to put all my eggs in the
>protonmail basket, since I'm pretty sure you can't use it with a proper
>email client. I've mostly used webmail throughout my life, but I want to
>change that.
Whatever you do, make sure you keep a copy of your emails on a server you control yourself. And keep backups.

Starting doing the bandit wargames. So far it only seems to be a test of your familiarity of various unix commands. Nothing is really being exploited. Do these get harder? I'm at level 15.

later levels are about scripting.
I can't say much about the other ones on overthewire - some file on my disk says, I've done a fair share but I really can't recall anything about them

Attached: ec254f5d1a324a3dcaf28824128c1897.jpg (1920x1080, 863K)