Sup anons

Sup anons
How the fuck do I learn Linux?
During my years on windows I've learned how to fix various windows issues, but the moment something breaks on linux i'm completely helpless.
How did you do it?

Attached: 404.png (1024x1024, 267K)

god i hate technology

Install Gentoo

RTFM

the same as you did in windows. you google, read and figure out what's wrong.

the more you understand how things work, the easier it becomes to fix issues, and eventually you'll appricate how much more information you have on linux compared to windows.

why were you watching my thread uwu

Attached: programming socks.jpg (402x606, 14K)

Yeah, this is what I was expecting.
The thing is that with google solutions you start learning how to fix it, but not why it broke in the first place, so it will happen again.
kys fag

Google the error and copy paste solutions until it works. If you're lucky you won't get any obscure errors and find working methods not just "thx i fixed it" tier solutions.

I remember trying to fix linux sound output. After a few of such fixes the computer refused to boot.

>kys fag
Jow Forums is literally fa/g/ central

Funny enough I had a similar problem, on mint my sound setting slider became unresponsive no matter what after finding a solution it refused to boot.

My problem was that the sound was being outputed thru hdmi instead of actual audio jacks. The fact that something like this could fuck a system so much is retarded.

just install meme distros

T-thanks for including me in the screenshot.

Attached: kat.jpg (482x598, 44K)

>no bulge
gtfo

tbdesu just use noobuntu
ive been there and back with gentoo and arch and debian and all that but honestly no matter what you do you always just go back to windows/ubuntu, save yourself the trouble and stop caring about that shit

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-01 06-31-52.png (1366x1536, 1.32M)

nice user, though gnome feels like tablet interface for me. Ubuntu mate was pretty nice until the audio died.

that's probably why the original thread 404'd

only braindead retards don't use gentoo full time

im not in the launcher to notice much
i just hit super key and type in the first 4 letters of the program without even noticing the launcher

well I hope ubuntu search is better than what I have on w10 then

Attached: pepe-chair.jpg (501x501, 14K)

Sup anons
How the fuck do I learn windows?
During my years on Linux I've learned how to fix various Linux issues, but the moment something breaks on windows i'm completely helpless.
How did you do it?

Attached: 1470963689621.jpg (617x617, 79K)

dumb animeposter

Anime board

try using linux a lot

ill try

Learn to configure and build kernels.

what about kys

why do you need to *learn* linux?
Just use your computer normally and fix problems if they come up.

^This

Don't learn Linux just use it like a normal pleb and the learning will come naturally.

You start using FreeBSD instead, it has actual documentation, everything is logically designed instead of like in linux where everything is half-working broken packages programmed by hobbyists, glued together that might or might not work for 5 minutes before one thing breaks everything and fixing it is convoluted af

ubuntu is literally buggier and more unstable than windows

>The thing is that with google solutions you start learning how to fix it, but not why it broke in the first place, so it will happen again.
if you're an idiot yeah

Stop

First, start using my secure tripcode: ##faggot.
Second, look it up you ninny.

How did you fix problems with windows when you were first learning? Just google the issue and process results. Best way to learn is to keep using it. If you have a lot of issues with one distro try another. That’s what I did. Now I use gentoo on my gaming desktop. If you work hard you can obtain success.

this but unironically

Attached: 1527590227841.jpg (326x273, 68K)