Who still on FF56 here?

Who still on FF56 here?

Attached: 1507156960523.png (667x335, 97K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/overdodactyl/ShadowFox
mozext.achimonline.de/saveimageinfolder_about.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>using outdated internet connected software

Attached: even i know this is retarded.jpg (500x514, 215K)

Someone's asking for the breach.

w-w-what breach?

he's probably talking about spectre and meltdown

But why

dark theme with grey text instead of white text.

github.com/overdodactyl/ShadowFox

Can I edit tab text color?

retards

of course it's just css.

>windows
>outdated web browser
enjoy your viruses

They say only idiots catch viruses.

>56
52esr or nub

nope

Attached: nope.png (1435x501, 244K)

I can't believe we have less than a month before Firefox is fucking dead

Wait for icecat 60

What will happen?

Same here dude, can't let go of muh addons

wut?

Who still on Windows 98SE here?

for some reason im still on FF47
dont even remeber why but there was something bad with looks of it
and Classic Theme Restorer doesnt work on 57+

niggers

Attached: d.png (626x315, 56K)

Attached: lol.png (620x291, 56K)

Attached: firefox.png (1366x742, 85K)

Is this bait. Do people really use outdated browsers for everyday stuff? Banking, shopping, etc.?

Attached: 7e4.jpg (680x240, 33K)

I had an on-site tech calling me today. Couldn't figure out how to access the webserver running inside the alarm system he was setting up.
After countless tries, I teamviewered into his laptop.
The fucker was running XP with FF 3.0, he couldn't even display the login page. How is that even possible today

Oh no. The bank is going to have to refund me.

gr8 b8
not the only thing to worry about m8

I complete thee

Attached: thoughts.png (430x267, 63K)

How is it bait?

Because thats not the only thing to worry about. Can you read. Implying so is stupid.

That does not make my comment bait.

Why downplay the severity? Identity theft is a bitch and can take years to recover from.

Why would they pick me instead of any of the 3 billion with a facebook profile?

Attached: 1511946422882.png (1920x1080, 3.23M)

You're doing it again. Downplaying it. Terrible opsec.
>why would they pick me
>it will never happen to me
Even if it doesnt happen this is a terrible way to go about it. Taking unecessary risks.

52 ESR

This. Going outside and you might get stabbed. Gladly I keep a rape-whistle on me at all times. All those women that don't just take unnecessary risks!

>56.0.2
>not even 56 ESR
Wowie zowie.

Attached: 1532997977812.png (1404x787, 2.12M)

What is this ESR meme?

Extended Software Release. Every few versions Mozilla has one that's designated ESR, where it receives no new features but continues to receive security updates as newer Firefox versions come out.

>tfw still on 52 because fucking icecat takes forever to update
I used nightly prior to this, so it's been bugging me a lot

Shit comparison. But by all means, keep doing what you're doing. You may be right, nothing will happen.

It's a valid analogy.

It's a shit comparison because malware and identity theft are far more common than getting stabbed.

I don't see how that makes the comparison any less valid.

I dont see how you think I said that.

You're defending your accusation by telling me > while I don't see how telling me such impacts the accusation.

>not even eme-free
disgusting

It does get security patches though.

Attached: 56.png (708x326, 45K)

Until they fix their engine so it can support proper UI addons again.

My dark theme, what has brought eternal joy and peace to my browsing experience.

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-01 at 9.39.11 PM.png (2880x1800, 1.2M)

Sheiiit, knee grow! I still use 2.0.0.20 portable for the bookmarks manager. Firefox 3 is when they switched the bookmarks from a flat file to SQLlite.

Attached: firefox20020.jpg (316x472, 39K)

Mah nigga!

Attached: firefox5290portableESR.jpg (1302x336, 76K)

eric s raymond, author of the cathedral and the bazaar, gun nut, conspiracy theorist, and lunix enthusiast
why would that even be an issue when you could always export/import bookmarks as html since forever?
3.6.28 is the last good version, sadly. its marginally useable and usefull if youre willing to put up with blocking all js/cookies to "harden" it but addon support (the entire point of being fir firefox) is negligible, to the point where you would be better served using some other shite like falkon, konkeror or kmeleon, all of which, ironically enough have better addon support for adblocker and userscripts.
firefox 28x onwards was horrible, but 64/fixed its shit (it finally has better performance than palemoon) and the addon apocalypse was completely overblown.
that said i will continue to use palemoon, seeing as firefox is killing off rss live bookmarks which i use daily for news, lightnovel updates, and torrents

I'm not switching until at least this shit mozext.achimonline.de/saveimageinfolder_about.php gets updated. So probably never. Fuck Mozilla.

Attached: water.png (699x328, 33K)

Same boat

Attached: Capture.png (676x342, 71K)

I'm still using 52 esr, still works perfectly

Attached: Screenshot from 2018-08-02 02-07-59.png (638x307, 68K)

This is the correct way.

>be wants an extensions system that has access to his entire filesystem, has write/read permissions on all the filesystem, can download/upload whatever it wants and can execute arbitrary programs and scripts
You disgust me.

Attached: 1531374685388.jpg (600x507, 61K)

Literally why when Waterfox exists?

Fuck off Mozilla shill

>why aren’t you using a version that doesn’t exist?

waterfox 56

Why? I mean, really, is there any reason not to use GNU IceCat over Firefox ESR?

Gonna switch to IceCat later today. Admittedly, I can't remember what's wrong with WaterFox, but I can remember deciding that IceCat was the better choice. Does WaterFox even get ESR's security updates?

Attached: Win.png (620x331, 59K)

>why would that even be an issue
When your bookmarks file is as large as mine, import/export takes significantly longer on the SQLlite versions. I don't use/trust Mozilla's sync crap. I import/export to update my bookmarks at home and work.

I don't surf with the 2.0.0.20 version. I only use it to search my bookmarks file to ensure that there are no description fields that I may have missed removing. I remove all icons and descriptions from bookmarks to save space.

Have you tried editting your bookmarks export file since FF45? The export file is no longer a regular text file.

want to try icecat on windows
>Note that building binary packages for Windows and macOS currently requires non-free software, so we no longer distribute binary releases for those platforms.
oh well

Has downthemall been ported to quantum? the only reason I'm still running esr.

I originally switched to ESR52, because of the retarded extensions thing. Since by now all extensions that matter to me have been adapted, my original concern with regard to "updating" has been taken care of.
But since then Mozilla has fucked up so massively with Pocket, Quantum and whatnot that I'm worried that I may be forgetting about something here.

Is there a list/guide that can help here for updating to ESR60?

what's wrong with pcket?

does qutebrowser have noscript or is there any other alternative?

how do you even get stable firefox 56. ???

You can turn off JavaScript globally in qutebrowser and then whitelist domains (e.g. the current page you're on).

I am still using 56 because it's still not possible to port session manager to nu-addons

>whitelist domains
Sounds like a bad idea.
If you are not using 4chanX, hiroyuki is apparently bombarding you with external tracking scripts.
I don't think I'd ever whitelist the entirety of Jow Forums these days.

lmao enjoy ur crypto miner malware

Firefox ESR becomes Quantum
have fun with your slow ass Firefox nerd

Don't worry, I'm having just as much trouble installing it on Ubuntu. I've downloaded icecat-52.6.0-gnu1.tar.bz2 and read the readmes but no amount of extraction gets me to something useful.

ESR.

But we've got IceCat.

I would but I fell for the "don't use outdated browser" meme.

ESR 45.0.1 master race never updating to the boggy piece a shit that is Quantum mode

>./icecat
>???
>profit!
Jeez dude.

Yes

No. Install Waterfox.

waterfoxproject.org

fpbp/thread

Huh?

Support for ESR52 ends.
All that remains is ESR60, which has Quantum.

I have no idea what you're trying to tell me. I've checked the hidden files, and the directory has no such file.

What is actually wrong with Quantum?

not me

Less extensibility mostly.

Using Brave now
It has Torrents
Tor tabs
Default on ad blockers and privacy settings
Default https everywhere

I use 56.0.2 on my xubuntu laptop

Attached: Water.png (699x328, 36K)

Using main release for daily browsing, pic related for legacy features

Attached: logofull.png (905x904, 842K)

they will be rolling in 52ESR/basilisk/webextension stuff in the next release (29.0), making it redundant and indistinguishable from literally any other firefox fork, say waterfox

>Tor tabs
These are?

>Waterfox
Why this and not IceCat?