Why are you still using SQL, user? You are aware you're literally using over 40 years old technology, right?

Why are you still using SQL, user? You are aware you're literally using over 40 years old technology, right?

Attached: sql_deprecated.png (723x512, 129K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Databases-Mana-Takahashi/dp/1593271905
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What should I use then?

why are you still using c, user?
you're aware it's 40 years old, right?

> deprecated
It's literally not deprecated, though. It's still advancing, with new features being added all the time (depending on your server of choice, of course).

Boomers, user. They can never learn new things.

Attached: DerEwigeBoomer.png (381x353, 40K)

Why are you using registers, user?
you're aware it's 60 years old technology, right?

oh man, is this where you try to tell me that something 'new' is somehow something 'better'?
>oooohhh man it's like 300ms faster duuuude
>send me your shekels

Why are you still using a PC, user? You are aware you're literally using over 70 years old technology, right?

> why are you using integrated circuits, user
> why are you using electricity, user
> why are you using the wheel, user

You're not helping SQL's case, user.

MongoloidDB

Why are you still using computers? You are aware you're literally using over 70 years old technology, right?

SQL is a good way to manipulate structured and relational data. If you think mongodb superior to PostgreSQL in every way, then please stay away from computers.

You think PCs go back to 1948?

>naming a bunch of stuff that hasn't been superseded, unlike SQL
>thinking you're making a point
Does being that dumb hurt?

Attached: massive_brainlet.png (645x773, 71K)

Why are you still using writing, user? You are aware you're literally using 5000 years old technology, right?

> superseded
But it hasn't, not with anything that genuinely improves on every (or even most) situation.

> posting in a troll thread

Then why the thread is not "Why are you still using SQL when is superior?"

NEW THING GOOD
OLD THING BAD

Attached: WHAT.jpg (436x700, 131K)

>superseded
>NoSQL big data technologies that take way more administrative and programmer effort

Unless you're doing big data at jewgle or something, there's literally no advantage to not using a traditional RDBMS.
Are you attempting to shill for something or are you just a troll?

CosmosDB even gives you an SQL API so you don't even have to rewrite your legacy applications, user. There's literally no reason to keep using SQL in %CURRENT_YEAR%.

Wanna know how I know you're a boomer?

> Azure Cosmos DB is Microsoft’s proprietary globally-distributed, multi-model database service "for managing data at planet-scale" launched in May 2017. It builds upon and extends the earlier Azure DocumentDB, which was released in 2014.

You're seriously arguing that CosmosDB should entirely replace all SQL databases?

>still using 55 years old ASCII code

Are you still using COBOL as well, you fucking boomer?

Attached: COBOL.jpg (697x451, 24K)

When will this retarded "boomer" meme die?

What should I use instead?

For real tho, what could replace registers?

The only thing that can is memory accesses.
But you would still use registers internally to pretend its memory.

I look forward to being paid lots of money as a consultant to replace your NoSQL database with a RDBMS. I also look forward to seeing your face as you realise you've just halted your career in that company and that I've just taken home half your annual paycheck in one month.

>waaaahhh, stop bullying us!!!
>just because we ruined the country for future gens...

Quantum registers.

That's not why it's a retarded meme, user.

>nigger posting

Attached: disgust.jpg (680x383, 25K)

>animeposting

Attached: F8BB9D2DD32B49399ECB457636F6B606.png (615x653, 533K)

Because NoSQL is absolute garbage for querying data

PostgresSQL is all you need until you have >10 TB of data

Database work makes me sick and you deserve every penny you earn for doing that which must be done.

t. Network eng

Unlike C, SQL, or as it was originally named Structured English QUery Language, has a syntax inspired by English grammar. As such it has aged more like COBOL than C. It would be nice if there could be a widely supported language for relational databases with a syntax inspired by relational algebra; but alas there is not.

To be replaced by what? NoSQL? There's a time and a place for everything user. It just so happens, the time and place for NoSQL is limited in comparison to that of relational databases. Stop being a troll.

Because relational Datatables are as good as addition and multiplikation.

Attached: RelationalDataSet.png (839x794, 56K)

>complaining about anime on an anime website

Attached: 1428933781092.png (683x623, 316K)

>database is corrupted
>niggers stole the hotswap server
>entire motherfucking 100 men/women office is stopped
>floor of 400 workmen are halted because the aystem isnt working
>everyone is starting to pile up at my office

Attached: a09.png (680x708, 387K)

Why are you still using image board , user?
Go back Reddit

Um no sweaty, it USED to be an anime website.

Attached: jlZ.png (500x650, 99K)

with boomers

They go back even further. You think whats in the "history books" is true history? How about a trip down the rabbit hole user.

I once had a similar nightmare

> You are aware you're literally using over 40 years old technology, right?
Oracle SQL and IBM SQL are close to that, right. Meanwhile MySQL and Postgres are much leaner.

It just werks. It's actually extremely comfy because you write your scripts/queries and that shit will work for the rest of your life. What other technology is this stable and downright reliable?
Almost nothing.

When is NoSQL good and when is conventional SQL good?

SQL is good for everything until you are dealing wth google amount of data, NoSQL is only good if you only fetch entries by id and need the whole document, but Postgresql can do that too now with the json data types

So when your queries are simple and the amount of tables you are dealing with small, NoSQL has benefit. I'm going to be working on a project dealing with mining data out of PDF files and storing them in a NoSQL server. Do you have any advice?

because just work, a lot of documentation, command line allow managing data and processing better that point-and-click graphical interfaces

If you say this it means that you don't know anything about SQL at all. Think twice before start a thread.

Yes. Dont. Use. NoSQL.

What about "SQL is good for everything until you are dealing with google amount of data" did you not understand?
Use PostgreSQL and do either a proper relational table if you want to query your data by more than id or serialize it to json and put it in a JsonB field

I don't get that choice. I just got hired into a huge IT firm as a junior.

You are aware that old technology doesn't always mean bad, user.

Why are you still using LCDs, user. You are aware you're literally using over 48 year old technology, right?

but op, I use Cassandra and prestoDB because I'm not living in the past

You can say the same about x86/64 but it'll never change

Ok then my advice is this: Don't use MongoDb

Oh don't worry, I'm not a web faggot. We have real work to do.

look at all these faggots still using food

Attached: 1300044776986.jpg (250x250, 17K)

>niggers stole the hotswap server

Somebody literally broke in and stole the server?

>He uses anything other than postgresql.

Attached: 1521842133130.jpg (800x600, 53K)

Aren't modern x86 processors essentially RISC-style cores with a hardware translator?

>SQL API so you don't even have to rewrite your legacy applications

>no aggregations
>no truncate
>basically only ORDER BY and WHERE work properly, and event those aren't compatible with SQL standards

The are no viable alternatives, it's all trash.

>Doen't know how to use efficient query plans
>Deosn't understand parameterization
>1TB of BLOB
>Creates materialized views of materialized view.
>Doesn't know why doing a select * is bad
>"Use NoSQL guys! Itsa fasta!"
Leave databases to the DBAs, faggot

Attached: 1532790798267.jpg (588x823, 75K)

Honestly

what else is there to use?

>it's 2018 and you're still doing all that menial shit on your own
Wow, do you need any further proof that SQL users are outdated boomers?
NO ONE who works with SQL nowadays does that, EVERYBODY uses an ORM so you don't EVER have to write SQL!

How do I learn SQL? I have no idea wtf you're talking about.

>How do I learn SQL?
Why would you? It's depreciated.

Deprecated*

Take some database classes, there's a lot more to making a database than just writing some SQL.

>EVERYBODY uses an ORM

Hahaha no. ORMs are an antipattern. No serious application uses an ORM, because ORMs are only good for simple queries and will actually produce garbage slow queries.

If you use an ORM you are basically admitting that you are a codemonkey who has no clue. ORMs are shit and produce shit queries, fact. end of argument, you fucking brainlet.

Any books to recommend about relational databases? I'm working in Java so I guess I should learn JOOQ as well for ORM.

>clearly a NEET that read about NoSQL this morning.
>Doesn't see how he just proved himself to be a brainlet

You can continue to dig your grave. I have real work to do.

Attached: 1473104952602.jpg (514x536, 51K)

>writing SQL
Again, nobody who's still using SQL nowadays writes SQL anymore. There's this great new thing called ORMs, you know.
You're right, we're not using ORMs anymore because we're not even using SQL anymore. Cry more, faggot.

It warms my heart that there's people like you. If you don't know SQL you are a codemonkey worse than pajeet and give me job security. Thank you.

>job security
>SQL
Enjoy maintaining legacy shitware, wageslave.

What's your job? Let me guess, webshit. If you aren't using SQL your company is garbage.

Use Dapper, faggot.

i like elephants and god likes elephants

>the JOOQ
oy vey shut it down

Angry numale webshit detected, fresh out of bootcamp. No one with an actual interesting job tries to shit on SQL like this, no one.

The Relational Model for Database Management, E. F. Codd

Wow, you're a dick. Just because the furthest extent of my work with big data is CSV parsing and regression analysis doesn't mean you're better than me.

If you want to learn SQL there is a manga that is actually really good. You'll have to google around for it.

Pic related.

Attached: 91Se3g7PINL.jpg (2032x2560, 583K)

jooq is ok, but honestly just write pepared SQL statements. Don't even touch hibernate.

It actually does. If you can't even do a full ETL you got no business in big data.

>Shits on SQL
>Does basic bitch analyst work
Nice troll user. Had me going there.

Attached: 1532646666807.png (285x285, 49K)

SQL is an interface, not a technology

because transaction and relational data is a thing. If you're going to suggest that I only use a bigtable implementation you're a fucking retard.

Fucking global JOOQery.

Thanks!

Thanks!

This?
amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Databases-Mana-Takahashi/dp/1593271905

I didn't shit on SQL. That's another dude.

I never touched hibernate, thank God.

>This?
>amazon.com/Manga-Guide-Databases-Mana-Takahashi/dp/1593271905
Yes. That's it.

Nigga what?

Let's forget all the memes for a second: If you legitimately don't know any SQL you're a shitty programmer. Like legit.

You should at least be able to write simple queries like "select * from table" and be able to filter it with joins.

As long as your data fits onto one machine and you don't need or benefit from a client server architecture, use SQLite. You can easily have a single 500 GB sqlite db. Storing multiple MB big blobs into sqlite is possible too. In some cases this actually ends up being faster than having a pile of files on disk. If sqlite does not fit the problem, I'd jump to postgres. Postgres goes a long way. I doubt that you'll need more than that.

>conflating criticism of a technology with lack of knowledge of that technology
It's like you don't have any arguments at all, boomer.

Calling everyone a boomer isn't really an argument either, faggot.

Real work like scraping PDF's for data?