All of your programs adhere to the UNIX philosophy, right?

All of your programs adhere to the UNIX philosophy, right?

Attached: bk.jpg (1200x800, 132K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WKq3FoSC2oA
gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

Attached: beautiful-woman-in-pajama-working-on-a-laptop-BRRYN4.jpg (1300x956, 141K)

No, I'm not a rabid retard

Of course not, outdated philosophy.

>winblows children

youtube.com/watch?v=WKq3FoSC2oA

Attached: 1532983842974.jpg (1500x1210, 425K)

Windows is closer to Unix than Linux is, retard.

My programs generally only do one thing. Doesn't mean they do it well.

I am a Lisper, eunuchs subhuman.

what happened to rob pike

image is incomplete without theo

Attached: Photo Jul 26, 11 04 30 AM.jpg (1200x813, 116K)

OpenBSD is a meme
>Filesystem
default FS doesn't even support SSD TRIM, and I don't think OpenBSD supports anything modern like ZFS or BTRFS.
>Security
"Only two remote holes in the default install!!!!!!!"
Yay!
I hope you realize that this literally only applies to a base system install with absolutely no packages added. In other words, not exactly representative or meaningful towards... anything really
>Sustainability
A few years ago, OpenBSD was actually in danger of shutting down because they couldn't keep the fucking lights on. How could anyone see this as a system they could rely on, when it could be in danger of ending at any time?
>Standards-compliance
"B-But OpenBSD is written in strictly standards-compliant C! Clearly that's better than muh GNU virus!"
So you're not allowed to create extensions to the standard? You should only implement the standard and nothing more? Keep in mind that this is nothing like EEE, as the GNU extensions are Free Software, with freely available source code, as opposed to proprietary shite. People should be allowed to innovate and improve things.
If you're gonna be anal about standards-compliance, then why let people make their own implementations anyway? Why not have the standards organizations make one C implementation and force everyone to use it?

Attached: thicc.jpg (442x293, 28K)

Thanks, doc.

you've posted this copypasta in several threads now. you can stop any time

Attached: Photo Jul 28, 9 53 58 PM.jpg (1622x1447, 939K)

no, my cat has line numbering, character translation and some processing in it

>several
more like several hundreds

yes

We should flood the OpenBSD mailing lists with that pasta.

No.

unix philosophy is equivalent to OOP, only harder to compose

google

No, the web browser with which I access this chinese cartoons exchange is the most flagrant violator.

>we should antagonize and harass real hackers
lol go for it

Attached: 5.png (797x799, 117K)

We are real hackers, user.

more like logo designers

I aim for them to at least. My current project is about 30 individual utilities for a kind of documentation database system.

>Write programs that do one thing and do it well.
Some don't always do exactly "one thing", for example, one utility:

1. Marks up acronyms in documents
2. Creates a list of acronyms used in documents
3. Deletes acronym markup in documents

But they all operate on one kind of thing (e.g. acronym markup), and the above only occurs if the feature is trivial to add on top of the existing functions and separating it would basically mean two tools share 90% of the same underlying code.

>Write programs to work together
>Write programs to handle text streams, because that is a universal interface.
Technically they mainly deal in XML, but they are specifically built for piping input/output around between each utility as well as other programs like libxml's utilities (xmllint, xsltproc) or xmlstarlet, and often finally Apache FOP to produce a PDF.

I also use vim for editing so being able to use them with :r! or :%! is important.

what does GNU stand for again?

Even worse.

>GNU is a recursive acronym for "GNU's Not Unix!", chosen because GNU's design is Unix-like, but differs from Unix by being free software and containing no Unix code.

He sold his soul to G. and became gay.

GOOGLED

DELETE THIS

Attached: reee.jpg (800x522, 29K)

Nope.
GNU's not unix.
gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html
And the linux philosophy is Laugh in the face of danger.

Nobody cares about GNU, though. They are not the be-all-end-all of open source software.

I use the GNU plus linux operating system.

The GNU philosophy is absolute utter shit. Stallman's been pussying (but not writing actual code) like a commie for decades about meaningless technicalities in licenses that not one in a hundred hackers actually gives a shit about. Not only that, he's been claiming his legal bullshit was the solution to stuff that was laughably unrelated to licenses (e.g. surveillance, backdoors). The solution to all computer problems are simple, open source, formally-proven software. Simplicity gives you less room to make fatal security mistakes. Open source allows anyone who doesn't trust you to check exactly what your shit does, and formal proofs guarantees your trash won't ruin the company that uses it. That's what you want in good code. 80 lines for Communist `true` is exactly what nobody in their right minds would accept.

Oh, and Stallman's a toejam-eating pedo.

Attached: emacs makes any computer slow.png (566x352, 1K)

Good for you. I use openSUSE Linux.

that's a nice lelmote

not mine but i used to have one

Yes, they're all shit.

Disregard this, I suck cocks.

Cool. My first GNU/Linux distro was SuSE.
They called it SuSE Linux back then.