18 year old proves quantum computers are useless

quantamagazine.org/teenager-finds-classical-alternative-to-quantum-recommendation-algorithm-20180731/

>Ateenager from Texas has taken quantum computing down a notch. In a paper posted online earlier this month, 18-year-old Ewin Tang proved that ordinary computers can solve an important computing problem with performance potentially comparable to that of a quantum computer.

This kid is only 18 years old and he is already shifting the future of the computing industry

What the fuck have you done with your life?

Attached: ewintang.jpg (1024x683, 125K)

nice clickbait

what a nerd

I'm 18 and still a brainlet it won't get better from here right?

Alert!!! NOT A DRILL!!! Withdraw from quantum computing research and gift that whizz kid some surface pro and a yearly subscription to Microsoft office!

You're already on the decline, my friend

solved some irrelevant problem (netflix recommendation algorithm optimization)--YAWN!

Remember when news outlets reported a child had found a new way to compress files that was groundbreaking, and it turned out he was making shortcuts to them?

read the article dumbass
this is not comparable to that

no, post sauce.

It's still way more than what you average college grad can do
This one isn't a pure clickb8 outlet, it's kind of a mostly irrelevant paper, but it's an acceptable one for a bachelor

I blame my parents

OH HERRO ME INCER ASIAN BOI WITH SMARR PENIS , WAITO PIGGU FUCK ARR MY WOMEN NOW I AM SAD INCER WHO ROSES MYSERF IN MY COMPUTER WORK

woah man cool it with the racism

FK U WITTU PIGGU

Great, just what I need. More fucking ads and recommendations. You couldn't solve a more important problem? You had to make it easier for them to shove fucking ads in my face? Thanks pal.

well that's where the money lies, can you blame him?

Is it me... or computer majors are... slower?
i mean i was a computer guy, and thanks to help from my friends i'm now "sage".

And btw? What are they trying to do? We already have "quad cores" for Time^2... it's faster since it's like this

-(
-(
as opposed to
-
-
-

idk

kek that is fucking hilarious. Boomers are so fucking dumb.

I think it was called "cryotech" or somethingike that
It was golden

U mad, blackboi?

Attached: UEU8LbjL5a5lVA6A-lV6OFDE6uqWDo2iJvfmxsxyvlE.png (478x603, 220K)

report yourself tard

>aren't computer majors so stupid?
>btw, what are they doing?

No
Your intelligence is nearly entirely determined by your genes and your first few years of life
If you aren't smart by your teens you may as well give up on life

I wish I were an Asian nerd. They're the smartest people on the planet (but only because they have super-strict parents that make them do nothing but study, and punish the shit out of them if they get so little as an A- on an exam or homework).

I know, the qubits represent a quantum superstate.
But it's usless and replicable with "thread and cores"

The third state is useless...
that's what i was trying to say.