get internship as a Systems Analysts

> get internship as a Systems Analysts
> 2 months in, suddenly I'm taking 'to do' work constantly from others
> my co workers average 5 or 6 'to do' works at a time
> I'm literally at over 30 because of how much 'to do' work co workers take from their list and post it to mine because hehe intern can do it
> "hey boss I'm getting worried about how much work I have stacked up in my list"
> "don't worry user as long as each gets completed within a week you're good"
> I keep working hard, start working unpaid through lunch breaks
> I'm getting more work than I can finish
> 3 weeks later I'm up to 40+ on my 'to do' list
> I work as hard as possible to get them done before they're due, I'm still getting them done on time
> someone notices my list
> now under huge fire from literally every co worker and my boss because I have so much shit they keep assigning me
> "your internship could be in trouble unless you finish these up"
> precedes to send me at least 4 hours worth of additional work

Are internships a normie trap?

Attached: i-hate-kids-with-anime-profile-pics-11810238.png (500x522, 103K)

Yes, but you're getting experience so treasure it.

rise up! break your chains and walk away a free man!

why are you posting? don't you have some work to do?

fuck that, be a neet

tell the boss that he either gives you a better pay or you walk away then? show them your performance compared to the full time employees to persuade them
they either give you money, or you walk away from that shitty job, win win

Just walk, write on your resume you got experience in project management or something

Attached: loli happi glasses.jpg (510x720, 87K)

Seriously, you need to learn to tell them to shove it or pay overtime.

well you prob arent gonna get any references out of it but you can at least put it down as experience.

Tell the boss to start paying or walk away. No need to work in a stressfull enviroment if there is no need.

>"so user, the first part of your resume looks ok, but do you have any experience?"

Bad internships happen. If you don't have to have the money, then just walk away.

The way I'd do it is talk to your boss and say "Hey there is no way I could complete this work."

If he's a good boss then he'll know you are a good worker and try to keep you. If he doesn't then it time to politely put in your two weeks and wash your hands of those fucking morons.

Fuck off boomer.

This happens to pretty much every employee (intern or permanent) who ups their pace and doesn't push back when overloaded with work. Bosses seldom care about burning people out and see anyone with any idle time as someone obviously not being worked hard enough. Coworkers see you as a place to dump tasks onto to give themselves an easier time, and they'll keep doing that as long as you sit there and take it.

Attached: profile picture.png (500x129, 50K)

Tell your coworkers you will not be receiving any new tasks until your current tasks are completed.

Is it a paid internship?

Time to push back and get back bone. Every time you get a new project mention it loudly, how they couldn't handle their workload again?

Time to get political and learn interpersonal dynamics on how to be assertive while being personable.

No can do, sport. I'm eternal. Remember?

>taking tasks from anyone that isn't your direct supervisor
that's where you fucked up

this stop being a little bitch who doesn't say shit to people

>Are internships a normie trap?
Yes. I hope you're at least getting paid.

>are interships a normie trap
no you're just a dumbass because you aren't asserting yoru limits. You are an intern, not a manslave, they should be doing their own work for what they get payed instead of hauling it all onto you.

dude i went through the same shit and once pay day came i walked out with zero warnings, i fucked their shit up good and im glad because my boss treated me like shit too on top of overwork, unpaid hours and long commutes in that shitty startup environment
>mfw boss called me on the phone to say i had an obligation of 2 week notice to his startup while i was basically freelancing for him

Attached: 1b2.png (414x459, 324K)

>asserting
This. Deliver bossman an ultimatum: Stop giving me an inhumane workload or I seek work elsewhere.

>No need to work in a stressfull enviroment if there is no need.
>No need if there is no need
What a fantastic insight

You are never obligated to give a two week's notice. It's a courtesy so you don't burn bridges.

Anytime

just quit dude

There is one pretty word for all of this.
Simple 'No, I won't do it'

you can still burn bridges though even with 2 weeks notice, some people are bitter

there are more people looking for work than there are places you can work at. especially if you're an intern; literally expendable.

if he's an intern with no experience outside of this, and he bumfucks himself out of a reference, then he'll have to find another place. if he acts the same way there, it'll be an endless cycle.

being a pussy ass faggot wont do, and being a smug little fucknut wont either. find someone in the workplace you can sit and have a talk with about the issue and sort it out together, instead of bitching about it on an imageboard filled with neets who get their life experiences from sitcoms.

Yes internships suck imo. Also stop being everyone's bitch at the office