Does Jow Forums still use object oriented programming or have everyone converted to Haskell?

Does Jow Forums still use object oriented programming or have everyone converted to Haskell?

Attached: 1200px-Haskell-Logo.svg.png (1200x847, 15K)

I use C++ every day. It's my favourite language.

car cdr :--D

i'm not a hipster faggot who hates productivity so no

look at this dumb retard who can't into high school math concepts like monads and functors
kek, web devs are pathetic.
you probably think recursion is bad right?

Someone keeps teling me Haskell should be my first language because functional programming langauge is the future.

First of all I'm not just gonna stick with one language, but also I've been confusd enough as to where to start with. So Java I think is a really good star just because I started it years ago and i'd be me continuing it.. also I dont really understand OOP enough. If Haskell is the future and that's all I knew, then I'd be ignorant as fuck on the past. Not that that's how things will be, but that's how I'm going about this.

Python? I'm not sure.. C? Would be nice to be familiar with I guess. But I'll just start with Java. Unless being Haskell-first and starting my long life of programming with it will give me some kind of advantage

learn C first, learn when to use while and for, learn everything about arrays and 2d arrays (learn some modular math along the way) learn about data sctuctures.
when you've become familiar with data structures try to implement linked lists and trees.
then go into C++ it will be a nice transistion since all the object orinted crap is just structs with embedded functions.
learn about copy constructors and assignment, lean everything you can about data structures and graph algorithms, then you can learn what you like, try to learn about immutable data structures, there is good literature about it.

That's honestly why I was looking at Java, to understand the basics and then move up from there. I'd love to eventually work doing some programming, which is a long ways away. Going to start some community college courses in the next few months so learning something before then would help..

I did try learning C++ when I was 13, with no understanding of what the fuck I was doing. Tried learning C a few years after that, realized I had no time, but I was really enjoying it.

C is something to consider. Is Java the equivalent of me learning C++ without knowing C, and not really learning the fundamentals that I should know?

T R I G G E R E D

It'll be 5 years by the time you finally land on a language that will be useful in a career if you start with C

Is it a justified trigger is the real question

>that will be useful in a career if you start with C
yea right, nobody on Jow Forums has a career, let alone actually develops software

That's probably why I"m not on Jow Forums much anymore, I've been forced out of the neet life and I'm kinda clinging to it. I want to program for fun but it's a plus if it's not some meme language. But I guess it's also true you can apply what you learn in any language to work, then again I don't know anything

/thread

People keep telling me different things... Start SUPER EASY then try and pick a high level language or start with C and climb up

C is sounding better and better.. But Java is also something that's widely used and would teach me about the same too..

>converted to Haskell
For embedded realtime processing? HELL NO!

basic Python -> C -> C++ -> Java (random stuff like JS/PHP inbetween) is how I learned it. Can't imagine having to figure out mallocs, pointers, etc. while strugling with basic things such as loops and functions.

>Does Jow Forums still use object oriented programming

Never used any object-oriented languages

>have everyone converted to Haskell?

WTF is Haskell?

If I want to try FP, I'll try F#.

1. learn python
2. continue using python

What non-object-oriented-programming-languages have you used?

3. abandon python
4. pick up c#
5. join the big boys
6. ???
7. profit

>Haskell
*pshht* *crack*
*sip*
Now THAT's what I call a programming language. Man, this takes me back to the good old times when we'd learn loops were evil and were impressed by the fact that programming language were able to return functions... Man, I wish they remade Netscape in Haskell! Just imagine surfing the information superhighway in this mathematical beauty!

Attached: monster boomer.jpg (250x229, 8K)

Ada83, Pascal, C, VAX Assembly, Lisp and Icon.

You'd still run Javascript in your browser

>implying I don't use functional Java

System.out.println("Perfect squares between 10000 and 100000");
IntStream.range(10000,100001)
.filter(i -> Math.sqrt(i) == (int) Math.sqrt(i))
.limit(15)
.forEach(i -> System.out.println(i));

I did c++ -> mips -> c -> python. Some js every now and then

I toruture myself by copying haskell and lisp in c++ and its ugly internally in its implementation, lacks most of the special immutable optimization that haskell has and is slwoer than haskell

This. Start with Python/Java -> C -> *
By then you will understand OOP and managing memory. Any language after that will be no problem.

> i -> System.out.println(i)
> not System.out::println
this is how I can tell you're not using IntelliJ

Holy shit that's verbose