What are some legal ways to get free computers?

What are some legal ways to get free computers?

Attached: maxresdefault(6).jpg (1280x720, 118K)

dumpster dive behind an office complex

get a job

1. go to c9.io
2. register
3. create an aws instance
4. ???
5. profit

based

Do I need to know how to code? I dont.

It is not necessary.
You get an ssh connection to an aws instance with some resources.
You have to know some linux though.

Not legal.

It's legal as long as no one sees you do it.

from a quick google search :

Get lots of friends. Lots and lots of friends. Become very friendly with their parents too... and their families. Make sure your friends all know you need a laptop, and try to make sure that their parents know too. When one of them replaces their laptop, hopefully they will remember you... and instead of just discarding or getting the old laptop recycled, they will give it to you.
Get good at repairing computers. Eventually you will get a client that would prefer to replace the unit instead of repairing it. You'll then have a laptop you can repair and use for yourself.
Get a job at a computer repair shop. Eventually a laptop will come in to be recycled or discarded that your boss will let you keep.

unironically this

Steal one then flee to a state without an extradition agreement

give them back tyrone

buy a computer
place it in front of you
then club yourself over the head

Are you OP saying it isn't legal where you live? It's legal in most of the US.

You can buy them if you have money

nigga just go to a thrift store or something, they always have piles of old memepads for like 10 bucks

a job?

This. Saw some c2d systems for $20 recently, got a few i5 laptops (without RAM) for $10 each, included a Macbook Pro.

Dumpster diving is perfectly legal in the US as long as there are no locks or gates blocking access to the dumpster.

I made a free aws account, I still don't understand how it would help though.

The law is a spook.

Attached: Max_stirner.jpg (200x237, 10K)

>When one of them replaces their laptop, hopefully they will remember you
A lot gambling on that one option.

When I was just a wee lad, I helped my dad's company out by cleaning out and organizing the back room where they piled all their parts. over the course of several weeks I wiped about a bajillion obsolete desktop computers so they could be donated to charity. In exchange for my services, they let me take any parts I wanted. That's how I built my first computer.

Suck off your father.

Unironically ask medium sized buisnesses, or dumpster dive.

Repair stores may have used hardware as well that you can frankenstein together.

be an essential worker. where they say to you commonly "take kit" .. if you require kit to work on. "just take it" ..have had that happen to me several times. New PCs, other equipment

They break all that shit before they throw it away

No they don't, just drives maybe.

Basically this, I've been repairing my friends computers for nothing for almost 8 years. I have multiple old pcs and laptops laying round as well as some okay graphics cards, misc cables, network adapters, mobos, you name a basic pc part and it's probably at my house or my parents. Would be willing to ship an old laptop, wiped HDD to you if you covered the postage, from UK though.

Dumpster dive and scrap metal collecting before trash day.

Attached: e-waste.jpg (640x424, 73K)

I let a fat guy at a thrift store fuck me for my first computer. Things were different in the 90s

can POS systems with those HP towers be turned into personal computers? I've had multiple opportunities to get them for free but I've always turned it down because they ran like shit at my job and I figured a lot of the shit on there is firmware or something.

>can POS systems with those HP towers be turned into personal computers?
Yes, you can. Most of them are just Windows or Linux with a custom app or two that runs over everything else. Just reinstall the OS and you'd be good to go. The specs are always shit, so don't expect to use it as anything but a shitposting PC or mail server.

>What are some legal ways to get free computers?
Are you the black guy from r9k that’s going to prison for stealing 5 computers from the high school he works at while high on Xanax

Just put an add out on a local facebook page or craigslist offering to take them.

And you don't know how to fix a computer? Pathetic.

Ask a school or university if they have any old pc which they do not need. I've done this at my school, but the laying pcs are most slow af