Phone controllers

Hey I've been thinking about a bluetooth game controller I can use on my phone to play emus on the go. Do they work or just a meme?

Attached: 41XwkkUTODL._AC_SY400_.jpg (491x187, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/YBJnyeMV?fromSns=Copy
reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/wiki/index
aliexpress.com/item/MOCUTE-050-Build-in-battery-GamePad-Joystick-Bluetooth-Controller-Remote-Control-Gamepad-for-PUGB-mobile-PC/32882149187.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Lol, wondering the same
Im just going to buy a cheap one on ali

I've used one of the dirt-cheap ones. The input lag was god-awful. I returned it and went back to using the touch screen.
I can say that I do want one with the little clip to hold the phone though.

The pricier ones (60+} look legit, but would they be just as bad as a cheap ones? Do you get what you pay for or is it not worth bothering? I like the collapsible PSP style ones like op. They just sound problematic.

i guess...

Attached: IMG_20180126_010435[1].jpg (856x642, 51K)

I've got pic related (8bitdo SN30)

works great, but it's not compact like the ones you are looking at.

Attached: IMGP3136_small.jpg (1000x750, 107K)

buy one of the ones that fits any phone that clips onto ps3/4 or xbox controllers
xbox 360 wired controllers work on usbotg ps3/4 needs root last time i checked but is the best option

lmao enjoy your input lag

>using your phone for gayming

Attached: 1498677763834.png (1280x720, 383K)

gay

Sage

I've been looking for a phone gamepad recently and I never came across anything like that. Is power transferred in such a setup?

Moto z has a controller mod.

Bluetooth is trash. Use a 2.4GHz wireless controller or preferably a wired one.

How are you running Gothic 2 in a mobile device?

>2.4GHz wireless controller
>Phone
So you are suggesting using not one, but two adapters?

>2 adapters
If you're thinking of the OTG cable, yes? You'd do the same on a wired controller. It doesn't introduce any latency and an OTG cable is something you'd have anyways.

Yes, wired one is as bad as 2.4. You play on the phone because of convenience. Lugging around OTG and 2.4GHz receiver isn't what I call convenient.

How large do you think the 2 are? It's basically a wire the size of your phone + a receiver the size of an mSD. They can fit in the same pocket as your phone. You're already carrying a controller, if you place it in a bag or a case it can definitely fit an OTG cable and a receiver. I'd much rather waste a cubic centimeter of space than have to deal with Bluetooth lag, battery drain and security issues.

Android

I've bought far, far too many different ones. First thing to be aware of is that some device/ROM combinations have hellacious bluetooth input lag. The only way to address that is by changing ROM or using a Moga device in A mode, which bypasses the Bluetooth HID profile.

For emulators, good enough.
For Steam Link/Nvidia in house streaming or whatever, it depends.

Attached: IMG-20180729-WA0000.jpg (1040x780, 61K)

How good is it to play pc gaymens on your phone with a controller? I might consider buying one for light games like ETS2 on the bed.

How are the sticks on that one? Is the rubber nice and grippy? I have the previous version that's hard plastic but Vita stick covers fit properly so that's what I use.

It's good on Steam Link over 5GHz. I played Trine on it without noticing any lag. All those game streaming services are garbage, though.

If you want cheap and mobile you can pick up one of these. Run about $5. The slide pad is fairly close in quality to a 3DS and the buttons have solid and silent actuation. Downside is you have to put your phone down to use it and there are no shoulder buttons meaning it's poor for shooters and N64/PS1 and above level console emulation.

Attached: 1246226_adcfd3c1-121f-4b60-ba37-b267ae87b684.jpg (1000x1000, 142K)

Literally who has any time to play games on the go? Like usually when i'm going somewhere, or not at home it's because i'm doing something more important. OP is the rare news story of a person that gets hit by a car whilst playing pokemon Jow Forumso

Eh, I tried rocket league and there was some lag (could be a combination of using 2.4ghz WiFi, Bluetooth latency, and Steam link app being buggy in general, my dual core CPU, and Rocket League being a bitch to transcode).
I have ETS2 but I'm not gonna install it. I could test some other games tho. Perhaps some other racing game.

Mediocre, they're tinier than Logitech/dual shock sticks so I can't put rubber grips on them. But they're decent enough for prolonged play, in line with Flydigi wee and other clones I imagine.
And they're still hard plastic, with a somewhat grippy texture.

The Moga Hero is an excellent choice but it has its downsides.

Pros: complete set of controls including clicky sticks. Great stick design and texture, solid button presses. Perfect shape and ergonomics, holds well and slides into a pocket fairly easily. Can charge your phone or just enjoy its super-long battery life. Inexpensive these days at under $30.

Cons: Triggers are mushy crap. Phone holder doesn't open quite far enough meaning you have to tilt your hands more forward than feels natural. Tough to get working with windows. Only puts out 450mA so your phone is not actually going to increase percentage while playing.

Attached: Moga Hero.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

Try a set of Vita stick covers off ebay for a dollar. It's what's on mine and feels nice.

Attached: 2018-08-02 06.57.11.jpg (488x690, 114K)

Cool. Yeah, I'm planning on using the 5GHz network and only steam link.
Seems nice, I'll just get a clip for my One controller and try it.

Thanks for the tip. Found these on Ali, will order two sets and use whatever's comfy.
s.aliexpress.com/YBJnyeMV?fromSns=Copy to Clipboard

Im also looking for android and pc controller

im pulling the trigger with pic related(gamesir g4s) but built in battery is a deal breaker, still looking with batteries instead

Attached: 1516269235301168.jpg (1000x1068, 205K)

The ipega 9023 is basically your only option for large devices, up to and including 10 inch 16:9 tablets.

Pros: cheap, excellent rubber on the analog sticks, solid triggers, works with windows

Cons: bad ABXY buttons. So mushy I took it apart and replaced the X-shaped rubber dome set with one I pulled out of an old xbox 360 controller, though that fit perfectly and it now works like a dream. Analog sticks are a little too tall and have too wide a range of angles. Start button is too clicky and in a poor position.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (2048x1365, 223K)

I got a mocute 050 from aliexpress,
can't go wrong for less than 10 bucks.

Attached: mocute-050-bluetooth-game-controller-gamepad-joystick-android-ios-tenderlove-1711-09-F567519_1[1].jp (800x800, 56K)

Moga Pro Power.

Pros: Great ergonomics. Might even trump an xbone/ps4 controller for handfeel and analog sticks. Big battery, solid triggers.

Cons: Just...fucking awful domes under the ABXY. Out of the box took a noticeably long time for each button to pop up after being pressed. This one got the xbox dome treatment as well. Once again the grip doesn't open quite far enough and sometimes my left thumb bumps the edge of the phone. Doesn't play nice with windows.

Attached: 71jsE952TkL._AC_.jpg (996x1236, 176K)

What is this called?
This is better

Attached: 1510286597809930829.jpg (400x400, 12K)

Btw, for those who're still looking for a controller, do take a look at the wiki: reddit.com/r/EmulationOnAndroid/wiki/index
It covers most of the chink and cheap android controllers, plus check up on emulation general in /vg/ too. If you're trying to get Daqi 1 (clone pictured in OP, and this one here ); Search "M1 controller" on AliExpress. Similarly, Flydigi Wee is "Wee controller". They have weird and stupid names on Amazon.com, so if you're not buying from Amazon, don't search brand names on Ali. Also, Daqi M1 > Flydigi Wee, read the reviews. 8bitdo stuff is best for a wireless controller without a mount, and Moga is best if you want a Xbox/dual shock style controller with mount.

Ipega 9055.

Good middle ground in terms of size; it can take a big phone in portrait as well as landscape

Pros: Good stick material, solid buttons, good price, doesn't have the too-tall stick problem of the 9023

Cons: sticks are stiff as fuck. Takes noticeably more effort than normal to move them although you can get used to it. Expanding grip is useless.

Attached: 201511161851011766.jpg (1000x484, 32K)

Under 10? Where?

Steelseries Free

The smallest, most pocketable you can go for a full set of controls including dual analogs and two shoulder buttons.

Pros: Fits in your pocket without being uncomfortable. Shares an analog stick mount size with the moga hero so you can round the hole out and replace the small stock sticks with moga ones if you like. Comfy for its size. Great, silent buttons and D-pad. Works well with windows.

Cons: pricy for its size. Sticks are too close together for constant simultaneous use. Has shoulder buttons but no triggers

Attached: ssfreecontroller2.jpg (600x400, 64K)

These were $9.90 a few months ago,
now they changed it back to $11.99 :(

Still cheap as fuck imho as they're good.

aliexpress.com/item/MOCUTE-050-Build-in-battery-GamePad-Joystick-Bluetooth-Controller-Remote-Control-Gamepad-for-PUGB-mobile-PC/32882149187.html

Attached: G3ATJPm[1].png (1208x535, 188K)

Just buy GPD XD+. No need to carry a controller and bloat your phone.

>dude just spend a ridiculous amount of money on a gimmicky little pos that's weaker than your phone lol

Gpd fags are the most deluded fucks

Garbage SoC though. Not great for emulation.

got this chink bluetooth controller for what's equivalent of 15$. that orange thingie is retractable and can adjust to just about any size of smartphone (even an iphone se), and it works just fine on my lg phone

Attached: vr shinecon sc-07.jpg (1366x768, 266K)

Orrr just get a N3DS/2DS, but that's beside the whole point.

Is that the dick slot?

Pleas don’t judge me, some times after a long day of work, I simply don’t want to sit in front of my PC/PS4 anymore. Playing on my phone while laying down is the best relaxing experience.

>200 USD
>ridiculous amount of money
What?

200 USD for a weak device that's weaker than your phone with a worse screen that's another thing you have to carry. Fucking why. The phone can do everything it can and more.

>and more
Lol
>Fucking why
Convenience

What is more convenient than using a far more powerful device you already have on you all the time instead of buying a seperate and weaker device to do something the phone is more capable of?

Moga hero fag reporting in
like above has said doesn't increase cell % but I pretty much got it to be a charger OR, so..
For the price I chose it over a battery travel pack. Triggers not tactile but respectable nonetheless.
Theyre a meme but what else are u gonna do, dope on a rope for playing some games in
the car while some idiot takes 10 minutes to get outside.

Attached: Vince-Vaughn-As-Jeremy-Grey-Is-Crazy-Over-Maple-Syrup-In-Wedding-Crashers.jpg (500x652, 105K)

Built in controller. That's why Xperia Play with modern hardware should exist. Why the fuck would I carry a separate controller just to play emulated games? You can do all that on Switch. And GPD Win 2 is even more powerful than your smartphone + has a significantly bigger game library.

You're either carrying your phone and a GPD or your phone and a gamepad. Where's the advantage?

Yeah and tell everyone the price of the win2 dumbass. And that's ANOTHER thing you have to carry. I also doubt its much more powerful than a snapdragon 835 if at all.

Youre complaining about carrying a controller when youre talking about carrying around an entirely different device. I'd rather have a controller to pack around with my phone than an entirely new device.

Also no one here cared for your GPD shilling. That isn't the point of this thread.

My man. Agree with cons and to add, doesn't work well with Dead Trigger 2, but that's a minor issue.

Attached: 20171117_171348.jpg (2048x1152, 1.02M)

>Where's the advantage
I don't have to carry my phone with me. I don't have to connect anything to the device.

>that's ANOTHER thing you have to carry
So 2 things? You're ignoring the fact that you don't have to carry your phone with you 24/7 or around the house.
>I'd rather have a controller to pack around with my phone than an entirely new device.
And I'd rather have a significant amount of additional games.

>don't have to carry your phone around

Are you 15? Also why would you want to carry the game device around and not a phone?

>additional games

Only applies to the windows one which is significantly more money so nice goal post shift.

Disregarding input lag, all controller not made by huge players aka Nintendo/Sony/MS are utter dogshit

My cheap-ass ($525) Xiaomi Black Shark (8GB/128GB/S845/A630) beats any crappy autist GPD Win2 at any time with anything possible.

How's the screen? Any light bleed, brightness irregularities, bad pixels, uneven color, streaking, etc? Any problem rooting it?

Why not buy a Switch?

flydigi app is botnet

Attached: 164b6a2b62c3689.png (674x599, 63K)

Attached: 164b6a3089e3689.jpg (900x578, 72K)

Attached: pubg phone controller.jpg (800x533, 108K)

Attached: 164b6a3046a3689.jpg (900x578, 84K)

>why would you want to carry the game device around and not a phone?
Because I want to play games with it and not my phone?
>significantly more money
Wait, so you're paying for the games you emulate? Why would you download console games for free but not PC games?
>goal post shift.
It's an actual argument, unlike your "I fucked up by buying an oversized phone so nothing else fits in my pockets".

I actually have a chink-like controller and it feels the same as PS3 and xbox controllers. As for Nintendo, their only good controller is switch procon, but it's unsupported (at least the last time I tried it).

Can't play rocket league.

Who the fuck uses the app anyway?
Android is good only for emulation, native games are shit or ports, and octopus fags can't afford PUBG on PC.

Attached: 164b6a3056f3689.jpg (900x578, 76K)

It's not pocketable, you have to pay for games, it costs way more than a gamepad, and it has a plastic screen.

>have to pay for games
Same for android games.

Why did you think the more money was reference to the cost of PC games and not the cost of your shitty autistic garbage youre shilling here in comparison to a controller?

You started off mentioning the GPD android device now you've completely went off mentioning the windows one.

>completely went off mentioning the windows one.
Because using your phone for games is retarded. Buy a fucking console then.
>cost of your shitty autistic garbage
It costs less than flagship phones.

Very decent screen no weird stuff, I didn't root it (yet) tho. Just got it a few days ago.

No need as I'm not some 13-year old.

>I'm not some 13-year old.
>plays games
Just fuck off

Are you retarded or something, who says I play games?

Only real choice is to buy a DS4 or a wireless Xbone controller and a grip.

Attached: phone-clip-nyko.jpg?itok=xVdcebA_.jpg (1484x1411, 224K)

You bought a gaming phone, retard. Stop shitposting.

I'm curious how well they work with Android games vs emulator games. I know you can map emus per rom. Would they be compatible with regular Android games that normally use touch controls?

I have a ps4, how to pair controller with Android? Brainlet reporting.

>hold Share and PS Button until light bar starts flashing
>pair with phone via bluetooth like normal
>???
>PROFIT

I didn't know this was possible.
Thanks user.

Attached: 1527479272613.jpg (641x530, 25K)

So what? I just like the looks of it.
I own a "racing" car too, does that mean I race around?
No.

Attached: 2K5AP[1].jpg (570x430, 244K)

Np. FYI, if you want to connect the controller to your PS4 wirelessly again you'll have to connect it via USB first.

DS3 works for me, on ePSXe

Doesn't seem to work for me. Paired and nothing recognizes it. Smh

do they have a steam controller addon to mout my phone to my steam controller to steam link?

Is it a port or is it being emulated?

eww no!