Found this cute netbook for $25. How'd I do?

Found this cute netbook for $25. How'd I do?

-Atom N270 for battery longevity and quiet fans
-2GB of DDR2 RAM for comfy LXDE/LXQT DE
-3x USB ports, SD card reader, ethernet port, VGA out, mic, headphone, and security hole
-Dedicated volume buttons
-A not-shit keyboard

Attached: IMG_20180801_195428.jpg (4032x3024, 3.98M)

Waste of money

What are you actually gonna use that faggot for

Would have saved my $25 and put it towards updating those yellow laminate counter tops.

Install gentoo and take more pictures of it

Congratulations you wasted 25 dollars.

trips don't lie

atoms are really shit

complete shit

if it's passively cooled, prepare to burn yourself. These are so fucking uncomfortable. They're useless, even for 25$.

I have one of these that still boots and even with lxde it's complete shit. Can't even shitpost from it because browsers crawl on it.

Waste of money. I got a similar one for free 5 years ago and I use it as much as I paid for it.

similar specs to my toshitba netbook, on which i also use LXDE because of 2GB ram

>atom
You got ripped off

I have something like this with 1 GB of RAM, hand-me-down from my brother. Is there anything interesting at all that can be done with these pieces of shit?

Cook some eggs on it.

This desu

Looks fine dude, install Gentoo and put i3 on it, surfing the modern net is a pain but you can still do stuff with it.

>install Gentoo
You would probably be dead by the time everything has compiled.

Not even good enough to be a basic web browsing machine anymore.

OP lives with his mom.

>calling a piece of electronics cute
The more time I spend on this site the more I want to drown fags like OP

Attached: kanye-west-annoyed.jpg (1000x563, 73K)

>i am 12 years old and what is distcc

What a cute post! :3

>speed ranks 1115th out of 1117 CPUs

jesus fucking christ

Attached: a.jpg (395x754, 45K)

Not that bad.

you can get an x200/x201 for under 50 bucks on thrift stores, craigslist and whatnot. You fucked up

sucker

This is a cute reply! :3

lmao cant even go to tumblr with that shit freezing

>Tumblr
1. Bait
2. ofc its script heavy

looks pretty nice, hope you enjoy it

I got one of these for free from a friend of mine back in 2012. The battery in my T60 was shot and I needed something to take notes. But this was barely up to that task, let alone any other.

The Atom N270 was thoroughly outclassed by the pretty run of the mill T2400 in my T60, I think the latter was almost 4 times faster. Even under Xubuntu it was almost useless at everything, took forever to boot, took forever to start LibreOffice, web pages loaded at a glacial pace and any video above 480p was out of the question. Even 2012 Youtube dropped frames and froze. The screen was a really weird resolution, less than 1024x600, something I have not seen anywhere before or since. I remember doing a lot of vertical scrolling.

I'll concede that the keyboard was pretty good and the battery life, at around 6.5 hours, was also quite good for the time. But fuck me, I could be quicker than the N270 if I had a pocket calculator, a ruler and an HB pencil.

Posting from my Acer Aspire One N450 with 2gb. The touchpad is shit but the battery life is hilarious even with the dual core chip. I'm running Fedora 26 LXDE and Firefox 61 seems to be okay, Jow Forums loads decently which is all I plan on doing for now, I've been teaching myself Linux with it.

You will love the battery life on it for sure, I've gotten like 6 or 7 hours out of mine. I got it free.

>fixing what isn't broken
I bet you spend $800 on the newest iphone every year

Install Gentoo, my friend.