SPILLED WATER ON PC IT WAS OFF WHAT DO I DO HELP PLS

SPILLED WATER ON PC IT WAS OFF WHAT DO I DO HELP PLS

Attached: 20180801_183014.jpg (4160x3120, 3.02M)

Other urls found in this thread:

gazelle.com/thehorn/2014/05/06/gazelles-guide-water-damage-truth-rice-galaxy-everything/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

unplug asap, let it dry

BATHTUB FULL OF RICE. HEAD TO WALMART BRING A WHEELBARROW

Rub toothpaste on your motherboard.

put it in the oven

Unplug.
Buy isopropyl alcohol.
Bath the motherboard on it.

Turn it on, the electricity running through it will heat it up to dry it. Do this ASAP so the water has no chance to damage your hardware by corrosion. Good luck user.

flip the power off on your PSU.
Unplug everything.
Take apart everything.
Soak every part in rice for 2-3 days.
Reassemble.

MOTHERBOARD AND CPU WET FUCN FICK FUCK MY PC WAS OFF AT TYE TIME TGO WILL IT BE FINE?????

Attached: 20180801_183650.jpg (2560x1440, 1.78M)

Dry thoroughly, then give it a long while to make sure it's all dry everywhere, then try to turn it on again. Rubbing alcohol can help get moisture out. The closer to 100% it is, the better.

Rice drying doesn't help against corrosion.

Atleast his PSU is not backwards with the fan up and the GPU had a backplate.

Can i just leave it to dry on its own? I wont be turning it on for a few weeks abyway

Attached: 20180801_184004.jpg (2560x1440, 1.29M)

If you want to spend 2 days refluxing and resoldering everything sure.

Not a good idea. The water will corrode stuff more the longer it's there.

Unplug everything and also remove CMOS battery.
Then disassembly the fucker (motherboard, cooler, cpu, etc.) and put everythinng you can fit in a bowl of rice, including your HDD (the most important) for a couple of days.
Leaving it on its own will just trigger corrotion.

Attached: lMuQ1uHYqVSEgLdI.medium.jpg (592x444, 86K)

Ok thnkaas eveyone

Also can i use a hairdryer?

what about WD-40 or CR-22

Solvents, not for cleaning or removing water.

You want to remove the water, not dry it.
Dissasemble it, clean it with dry towels, use isopropyl alcohol on stuff you see white spots after drying.

Ok thanks

Attached: 20180801_184853.jpg (2560x1440, 1.42M)

The WD in WD-40 literally stands for water displacement. It's for removing water.

>having your tower on the floor
lol desklet

This happened to me but the pc was ON. I unplugged it at lightspeed, then used microfiber cloth to dry it as much as possible. After that, I brought a heater (toyotomi kerosene, meant to heat the whole house) and locked myself in the room with it, leaving the computer relatively close to it.

All parts appeared to be dry in less than an hour. I continued using the heater but with the door open and didn't turn it on until the next day. Everything was fine.

Hope this helps OP

that is the best thing to do
especially since you won't be using it any way
open it up so it gets lots of air
and blot up any visible drops of water
gl

Displacing, not removing.
Isopropyl Alcohol would be cheaper and more effective, there is a reason why its used to clean such stuff.

..and your first thought was to post on Jow Forums?

I have a desk faggot

Attached: 20180801_185915.jpg (2560x1440, 983K)

I may be slightly retarded

Attached: 20180801_190046.jpg (2560x1440, 819K)

And this is why the PC goes on the desk, above the water.

too bad you're not running amd. If you were the heat generate would evaporate all the water in a few minutes.

Pretty sure corrosion will only happen if there's any voltage present. Remove the battery and unplug it and it should be fine, provided the weather's warm enough to get rid of it within a day or two. If not you may get some fungal cultures making their home. Hair dryer would work ok as long as you're sure it doesn't just blow the water elsewhere, so I'd take things apart before attempting that. Water can also get in tight gaps to prevent it from drying out, such as in the motors of your fans, in connectors and sockets, and under any THT ICs. IPA could be a good idea for getting rid of those since it evaporates after a while, WD40 would just stick around and make a mess.

Most of tge water spilled on the floor thankfully

epic bulldozer meme but it's 2018 and intel is the one needing industrial coolers now

unplug it, let it dry for a few hours.

Listen to this man OP
This is your solution

Switch it on and run Prime 95 or some other stress test for a few hours. The heat generated will dry out that water in no time.

hair dryer

dry it directly in the motherboard ON HIGH for a half hour or two

rice is a myth
gazelle.com/thehorn/2014/05/06/gazelles-guide-water-damage-truth-rice-galaxy-everything/

open up everything you can, wipe as much as you can. put in front of a fan. if you live in a humid-ass place, turn on A/C or dehumidifier will speed up the process.

no shit actually this!

take it appart and dry each part on it's own

I've done this before by dumping everything in a cardboard box and blowing hot air into it from a hairdryer. Make sure it doesnt get too hot because that shits going to get toasty but this will stop anything rusting where you cant reach.

Other than that just make sure the mobo is fully dry before you start putting it back together