640x480

Jow Forums when did you realize that Terry could actually talk to god?

For me it was this quote:

"God said 640x480 16 color graphics is a covenant like circumcision. Children
will do offerings. Think of 16 colors like the Simpson's cartoons. In the
future, even if one GPU were universal, we would still keep 640x480 16 color and
not use GPU acceleration. Graphics operations should be transparent, not hidden
in a GPU."

Some of you might think this is a joke, but you had better listen. Its real. God saw fit to share his designs with Terry, the same God who visits the iniquities of the father on to the children and the children children, to the third and to the fourth generation... woe unto you who fail to recognize his voice, God Said 640x480!.

Attached: perfect_justice.jpg (813x518, 42K)

Holy shit we got a dingbat over here.

Attached: 1455891551200.jpg (456x620, 29K)

You need help terry

>Graphics operations should be transparent, not hidden in a GPU.
Truer words shan't be spoken. Heterogeneous architectures are the worst to come about this millennium.

No idea what heterogeneous means in this context, but all I want to do is write a C program to change the color of 1 single pixel on my screen. How the fuck do I do that in plain C?

Attached: 1521193831348.png (1292x732, 930K)

Terry just never learned VBE 2.0 which even came with a fucking linear framebuffer... He is afraid he has to mess with paging in shit which I would agree with him sucks fucking ass.

There is no excuse for this ffs just a a few hundred lines of assembly code that works on any god damn fucking screencard made after 95-ish...

You use opengl.

Is there a video of this?

I don't think god was right there.

without vbe2.0?

__asm {
mov ax, 13h
int 10h
mov edi, 0xa0000
xor al, al
not al
stosb
};
sets first pixel to 255

>No idea what heterogeneous means in this context
It means there are two processors in your system running completely different architectures, using completely different paging structures and generally being unable to share code and requiring very specific and very complex interfaces to interact with each other.

I can't wait for the RISC-V vector extension to kill off GPUs and bring 3D rendering back into ordinary software.

Where is terry anyways, I have been away.

I'm a simple guy, I lose it when he comes up with funny insults.

Attached: 1531065597674.png (990x681, 299K)

based lovelorn Terry

last I saw him two Jow Forumstards were feeding him at a MacDonalds, one of them was cringey as fuck asking very pleb questions

Attached: ears.jpg (500x271, 32K)

What would anons do if they saw Terry IRL?

He's not wasting time on senseless GUI development. God is forcing him to be pragmatic.

I love that Terry understands God speaks to him in a random number generator. He doesn't ask why 640x480 and 16 colors is ideal. He just accepts that it's what he must do.

in case it's not obvious you can't do that in ring 3

kek yeah I saw that one too, but it was nice of them though. I think I saw him a couple of weeks ago, he said he was not banned for youtube and had been at some mental stuff. I don't fully remember it was short though

>calling bios interrupts in 32-bit mode
Does that even work? Surely the interrupt code is written in 16-bit real-mode code?

ring 3 is made by the CIA to fuck with you
works/worked fine in protected mode.
that stuff was straight from my head actually from the days when watcom C and dos4gw/pmodew ruled the world.
Good tymus good tymus

>works/worked fine in protected mode.
How is that possible, though? Is there some kind of implicit real-mode transition in the INT instruction itself?

you ask a valid question I assume it is the implementation of the bios here, but I never had any problems with this back then. From what I can remember though if you just sat what we called flatmode back then. That is not using a pmode "handler" such as dos4gw and just set the mode your self, you would lose all your dos interupts so you were kinda screwed there. I didn't horse so much around with that for that reason as it would take so much time to fix that shit. Also it's a VERY long time ago lol, but I shall have code for this too somewhere around here on some cd named "old" or something

God isn't real.
Low-quality bait.

I think I remember now, what you did was set the screenmode first. Then you sat flat mode and got around it that way.

Still using dos4gw would map all your interups for you, so you didn't have to think about this. Everybody used it back then, then eventually everything was in windows and directx or opengl instead.

Man I really miss the good ol days, I get where terry is coming from, I really do

>Man I really miss the good ol days, I get where terry is coming from, I really do
Using /dev/fb* under Linux is actually just about as simple, though. Just mmap it and blit pixels to your heart's content.

Unironically this, for me it was terries statements about underlying reality / platos cave, i think terry still has some of his grips in reality and is fighting through the fog to make sense of a world that, in his mind, is nonsense. He comes off as crazy but when you filter out the crazy nearly everything he says is hard facts and truth.

>Haskell users don't know what's happening in the machine, they have their fancy abstractions but they have no idea what's at the bottom of the ocean of code they row atop.

>Graphics operations SHOULD be transparent.

>Windows users are a herd of nigger cattle, their data is held in farms (server farms) and they willingly, like dumb cattle, go to their own demise unwittingly, giving away their privacy, the comprehension of their OS, etc away to Bill Gates and CIA Niggers.

This is just to name a few, but the same point lies bare: filter out the crazy and you hear terry speaking the truth. Just use your discernment, figure out what he is trying to say.

t. Unironic follower of terry.

>(In response to the nth person who annoyed him by asking about haskell) "You're fucking a nigger in the deep ocean, you've got no idea what's underneath you"
the untranslated version of the first one, just to illustrate how insane your post is

LINUS IS AN AMATEUR HE DIDN'T WRITE HIS OWN COMPILER (or something like that)

᛫ ᛃᚢ ᛫ ᚻᚫᚡ ᛫ ᚾᚩ ᛫ ᚪᛃᛞᛁᚣ ᛫ ᚣᛒᚪᚹᛏ ᛫ ᛖᚾᛁᚦᛁᛝ ᛫ ᛏᛖᚴᛁᛝ ᛫ ᚣ ᛫ ᛋᛗᚪᛚ ᛫ ᛞᚩᛋ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᚴᚱᛖᛋᛁ ᛫ ᚣᚾᚡᛖᛚᛋ ᛫ ᛗᛖᚾᛁ ᛫ ᚣᚡ ᛫ ᛚᚪᛃᚠᛋ ᛫ ᛗᛁᛋᛏᚣᚱᛁᛋ ᛫ ᚪᛚ ᛫ ᛁᛋ ᛫ ᛚᛖᛞ ᛫ ᛒᛖᚱ ᛫ ᚹᛖᚾ ᛫ ᛃᚢ ᛫ ᛚᚣᚱᚾ ᛫ ᛏᚢ ᛫ ᚦᛁᛝᚴ ᛫ ᛒᛁᚪᚾᛞ ᛫ ᚧᚣ ᛫ ᚡᛖᛚ᛫

Quite the opposite, i'm hyper-sane.
See these runes , you don't understand they're meaning just like you don't understand what terry is trying to say. He is most certainly crazy but its apparent when you learn to speak his language and put yourself in his shoes that some of what he's saying isn't crazy, its VERY sane and reasonable.
But just like these runes you can't understand it unless you learn to speak the dialect, you heretic.

Take your meds

>he's even crazier than I thought

Attached: e58.jpg (500x370, 26K)

fuck you terry :^)

I'm turbo-sane and you sound mighty retarded.

It is still summer

He posted a video like less than 24 hours ago

Don't bother. People like 66978286 shut down when they see bad words like 'nigger' and can't process anything further after the no-no alarm sounds.

pixels eat rice
less pixels more humans

Its sad really, they're confined in this little bubble of reality, they can't see what's right in front of them.

>future, even if one GPU were universal, we would still keep 640x480 16 color

I could see this happening if we had to revert to older computer standards for some apocalyptic reason

I get what you're trying to say, most "madmen" I've seen actually reasoned very well, and people had this feeling centuries ago. Just look up Renfield in the original Dracula novel.

Despite being relatively unknown and mocked by many people who know him, Terry will unironically become a legend after he dies. History will prove him right.

i've never understood the people who think madmen are just human-shaped animals, like they somehow become less human or less reasonable just because their perception of reality is warped.

It's because many people think crazy == stupid, when it's not necessarily the case.

>marketing pushes it as the new hip "green" thing for conserving power so companies don't have to innovate anymore
>we push up through the numbers again as if it's new releases

We can't really blame people for thinking that though when the crazies we keep seeing are conspiracy theorists and dramatized movie actors.

>github under lock and key

Attached: future.jpg (1232x1040, 183K)

I feel... enlightened

The scary thing is that they are being proven right again and again lately.

Terry confirmed for boomer şôÿbôy

Attached: boomer.jpg (1920x1920, 1.43M)

delet this

>B-but that's barely enough for 1-bit rgb channels and a one bit bright/dark setting

i think that whatever resolution a crt monitor can support and is analog is viable

Is it just me or does Terry seem even worse lately than usual? He's been uploading a string of videos lately and every one is less coherent than the last imo. Didn't he just get out of a mental hospital like a week ago? He seemed a little better when he got out but now he seems completely gone.

>!.

Attached: terryfapalot.png (1596x1140, 1.21M)

OH SHIT