Jow Forumsuys, uni in a month. Computer Engineering or Computer Science?

Jow Forumsuys, uni in a month. Computer Engineering or Computer Science?

Attached: ce_vs_cs.jpg (1280x720, 138K)

It doesn't matter yet. Your first couple semesters of classes will be identical and you can freely switch from one to the other without penalty.

Don't set your heart on one yet. When you're actually at Uni, talk to older students in both programs to get a better idea of which one's for you.

Math.

CE

Explain

Explain

Aerospace. CS is pajeet brainlet tier. Aerospace is great because anything that requires a clearance is free of H1B streetshittery

Neither. Job market went to shit almost a decade ago. You're gonna be working like a slave, for peanuts. That's assuming you actually manage to get a job which is highly unlikely.

Go study something that will actually make you money and feminists can't/won't take over like plumbing or car mechanic. Not kidding.

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1140x641, 106K)

If you can get through a whole degree of math then CE and CS will seem trivial and you can just pick them up on the job. CE and CS are just memorization of facts, but math forces you to think better, especially in ways that will help with CE and CS later.

Unless you want to get assfucked by phasors and signal processing do CS. I did CE and ended up in a software job anyways. Every single EE class I took was harder than any CS class.

Massive labor chrunch right now in the engineering/defense industry. Try outside of silicon valley.
Correct.
You'll need a second major in engineering if you want companies to take you serious when you graduate, though.

Hmm, Is CE that much harder that CS?

JimmyAGeek is awesome

Is CS and other IT related degrees the best choice for a college degree? I'm doing CS right now in a foreign country in a foreign language but I'm getting fucked and am struggling with it. I'm really considering changing to economics so I don't flunk out and lose my scholarship

stop wasting your time on vidya and just put in the hours

EE

Fuck uni, just teach yourself.
If you have the aptitude to be a programmer then you have the aptitude to teach yourself well enough to get a job.

CE if you wanna go the hardware route
CS if you wanna have a vague understanding of computer science and be an okay software developer
SE if you actually want to be a decent software developer

at my school SE and CS are the same for 2 years, then CS students take shallow dives into different areas of CS theory, which 90% of them aren't going to ever go further with because they're just gonna end up as web devs
the SE students on the other hand, take classes on architecture, statistics (metrics), testing, design, some courses where they build software for real clients
from my understanding this is basically the same at most unis that offer both CS and SE

Go CE as it will provide you with hardware knowledge (digital design-vhdl, comp achitature-cpus, signals and systems, embedded). Then take CS couses (algorithms, data structures) for the few elective credits that you are given at the last year.

You will be able to steal any CS, SE, EE job this way given that you also get proficient with EE tools (oscilloscopes etc)

only applies to meme cs programs
a proper cs degree is about 70% formal math at the level of a math major, except its almost entirely discrete math.

>ce
Pointless. You'll be competing with IT grads with certs for system engineering jobs.

>cs
Great as a pg degree if you have landed an AI or ML job, completely useless for getting a start anywhere.

>se
Coding bootcamps or getting into webdev is far cheaper and more useful for getting into dev work.

I have no idea what you should study because college is completely out of step with the job market, but whatever you choose you need a practical element that is integral to a business that requires heavy tech or coding in order to make a career out of technology.

CE here. I enjoyed the curriculum but it doesnt set you up for a job. Unless youre ivy league youll need a masters or phd.
Ended up more like EE than a CS.

With CE you get much broader knowledge. It's better to know a bit about everything, since no degree will (nor should) teach you to do any (one) specific job.

No, but only if you are white.