Find a flaw

Find a flaw

Attached: image.jpg (770x602, 65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

siguza.github.io/IOHIDeous/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're saying that like it's a challenge.

You got me, it's completely impossible.

Not a thinkpad

The games I actually want to play are not supported

After using Mac OS you become allergic to computers without Mac OS and cannot use them.

The users tend to be homosexual

>gay men
Not a real critique

It doesn't support any software but it doesn't have any of the advantages of Gnu/Linux or NetBSD or OpenBSD. It costs a lot, despite being completely full of shit, just like Scientology. Sure go ahead and join a cult, you nigger.

There are no games like on Windows.

Apple's fault, they did deprecate their own QuickDraw 3D that was fine and adopted that POS called OpenGL, because "open".

Hope that Metal fixes the problem.

Games are for children. Think of an actual flaw.

Can't snap windows to the side of the screen.

Apple has 0 benefits over Windows, Gnu/Linux or *BSD. it only has flaws when compared to other options. Only cult members, such as you, can be that retarded.

Show me how to open 2(two) calculators, please.

Only allowed to be run on Apple hardware, proprietary, and intentionally built with bad support for everything.

Now, name something GOOD about it.

Attached: rip_steve_jobs.png (576x400, 140K)

It has access to industry standard proprietary software, while still being Unix-based and, therefore, having access to all Unix tools and software. The only OS that has no benefits to using it is Wangblows.

H-hewwo
siguza.github.io/IOHIDeous/

Attached: Mf68tkcWRYA.png (1280x960, 1.55M)

Fuck industry standard proprietary software. It's intentionally built to keep people locked up, computer illiterate, and confused. It's just a stupid namebrand, no merits.

Macs are flawless. All hail MacOS, the most advanced OS in the universe!!!!!!

If that's the case then only GNU/Linux and maybe *BSD is worth running.

That' 100% correct.

>two windows of the same program opened on the same workspace
>can't alt-tab between the two, have to manually select for each
>can't maximize a fucking window beneath the menu bar like in a sane DE
>maximizing it fullscreens it
>all of the keybinds require explicit enabling of each for things that should just werk, like adding a new workspace and then wanting to switch to it
>all of the function keys require the function modifier to be used to avoid using meme features, when it should be the opposite like on EVERY SINGLE OTHER FUCKING OS/KEYBOARD
>navigating any menu is complete fucking torture, as most of the menu structures make zero sense to any reasonably intelligent person
>the fucking autopopulated icons for mounted dirs/volumes/whatever overlaps with any folder you make on the desktop
>a million other little niggles I can't even think of off the top of my head because every single moment I use this operating system I am angry
>not OS related per se, but dicking with the bootloader to get a properly formatted linux image to boot is a fucking nightmare
t. guy who got someone's 2015 MBP for free less than two weeks ago.

Is *BSD worth running and if so, why is it worth running and not Mac OS?

I don't care much about BSD, but GNU/Linux is the correct route to go. And *BSD would be superior simply by the merit of being free software, which mac most certainly isn't.

*BSD and Mac OS both contain non-free software by default as well as in their respective repositories and neither have a policy on excluding non-free software.

Attached: 1526626820026.jpg (1024x768, 232K)

Sure, but that's like saying Ubuntu is just as bad as Windoze since it suggests proprietary software. You're dodging all criticism and instead defaulting to nonsense like "Oh, well some other OS allows proprietary software, so Mac isn't so bad!"

You're just ignorant.
You can do something similar to alt-tabbing. Cmd + tab if it's two different app windows, cmd + ` if it's within the same app.
You can maximize a window without zooming by option (which is alt) clicking the green button, which will turn it to a "+".
The keybind for the desktop creation then swapping to it doesn't exist by default, sure, you can create it I guess, not really a function I often would use but if that's how you work then I can understand so. Most keybinds are however enabled by default.
You can disable the requirement for the function key, it'll make it so that if you do use it you get the action the images on your keyboard represent.
Menus should be consistent between apps. If you can't find something, type it in under help and it will show you where it is.
As far as I know, the overlapping on the desktop only happens when you run out of icon space on your desktop.
I hope this helps making your experience better.
Oh and another tip, if you want to swap the shortcut keys, from cmd to ctrl for example, you can do that too.

Try to argue without putting words in others mouths. That is lazy. The point is that you are claiming some proprietary software is fine, that the amount of proprietary software is important. I could say that proprietary software is either good or bad in principle, so an operating system with no proprietary software is good, and an operating system with no proprietary software is bad. Rather than picking an arbitrary point at which proprietary software becomes a bad thing you should treat it on principle.

>t. mactoddler subhuman

Whatever makes you feel better. Personally I use macOS, Windows and a bunch of different GNU/Linux distros every now and then.

So, with extra effort, you can do basic tasks. Great. So explain why Mac is superior. We've explain many flaws, but you cannot defend why Mac is good.

Unironically this. Using macOS without a trackpad is a truly painful experience.

>is trying to install linux
>complains about changing a few hot keys to optimize your own usage

Isn't that one of the the points of Linux? That you can customize to your heart's content?

Where is the extra effort? The workflow of how someone uses macOS is just different from what you get used by some other operating systems. Personally, I like the zoom option better, having it show up in my multiple desktops. I don't use function keys often, things like alt-f4 make no sense in the modern day anyways, cmd + w and cmd + q exist. Function keys rarely have something behind them on macOS.
I stick to my two desktops each display setup. If i put an app in full screen, it doesn't take over a full desktop, so I don't really run out of any.
I usually remember the shortcuts to not have to browse the menu anymore and when I do, I usually type in help what it was because it's a bit faster. I do however have a good sense on where to find it in the menu though.

I use hotkeys. It's much faster than mouse the mouse pointer to a button anyways.

>not OS related per se, but dicking with the bootloader to get a properly formatted linux image to boot is a fucking nightmare
I never had a problem with that. I just made a multi boot linux live USB and it works perfectly on my Mac when I hold down option (which is alt) on the kayboard while booting up. It shows up as "Windows" but it works. Before that I used to run Debian Mint every now and then from a USB drive. Didn't have to do anything special other than making it a bootable live USB.

>Macs are so so complicated and weird to use I don't understand anything!
>Macs are for tech illiterate retards

Pick one and only one. Either admit you're a handicap or admit Mac users are smarter than you.

I use my Mac with an MX Master 2S. It's comfy too. You can use the zoom you'd usually do by pinching on a touchpad with the horizontal scroll wheel.

Wrong.

???

Attached: Screen Shot 2018-08-02 at 1.29.48 AM.png (661x529, 159K)

More a flaw with their hardware, but an OS flaw worsens it. Macbook keyboards don't have dedicated Home/End/Page Up/Page Down keys, and the keyboard shortcut for them is inconsistent as fuck. Drives me slightly insane everytime I pick up my MacBook Pro.

Can someone post the "let's be honest here" pasta?

Attached: 1526267882736.jpg (507x712, 247K)

Not inconsistent. They work on every text view. Option + left/right: move to previous/next word. Cmd + left/right: move to beginning or end of the line.
Option + up/down: move to the beginning/end of the paragraph.
Cmd + up/down: move to the beginning/end of the text view.

Other than that you also have fn + arrow keys.
fn + left/right: page up/down
fn + up/down: home/end

Finder is fucking shit compared to Windows Explorer
New keyboards on Macbook are a joke
Proprietary ports, can't even plug in a USB
I could go on

>Finder is worse than Windows Explorer
How? I dislike explorer so much, it's outdated and lacks features.

>everything else is a hardware opinion, not about the operating system

Windows Explorer is also fucking shit.

Literally tried all of those, but I gave you the benefit of the doubt and tried again. What a surprise, they were inconsistent between applications, just like I thought. Thanks for wasting my time.

No games. Fuck you if you say they are for children, I make money so I can play games and bills.

There are like three reasons to buying a top end computer 1. Games 2. Video/Graphics editing 3. Compiling code 4. number crunching.

To dismiss one of the only reasons to get good hardware because you don't like that form of entertainment is reductive and childish in itself

What apps are you trying them on? They work on all the ones I use.

>"proprietary ports"
>USB-C
>proprietary
>USB
>proprietary

The average intellect of Mac haters. How can you be so retarded that you don't even understand what USB is? Fucking hell.

>I make money so I can play games and bills.
Have sex.

Drops a .DS_Store file everywhere in anything non-mac
No hotkey to rename
Moving icons around can get disgusting looking fast
Probably something fixable, but it doesn't remember my NAS credentials and I have to reconnect on every reboot

Finder is really my only beef with MacOS. The rest would be hardware flaws.

It doesn't have no games. It has less games, and the ones it has are usually less optimized.
Personally I use a MacBook Pro for work and I've built myself a high end desktop computer with Windows for gaming.

what's a better alternative?

>Drops a .DS_Store file everywhere in anything non-mac
valid
>No hotkey to rename
literally just hit return

Not using Windows, for a start.

>muh bibbeo gayms

>It's a feature and it's a matter of a defaults setting
>The hotkey is enter
>There are three other non-icon views
>Works on my machine(R)

It's non-free.

shit i meant

>let me just put all of this effort into making an inferior OS halfway functional by learning a few non-intuitive keybinds
>get slowed down by the lack of full keyboard support for most functionality on a laptop
>have to avoid menu traversal with a search, that is no doubt connected to a bunch of glowinthedark bugchasers
>let me just slow down my workflow even more by holding a modifier key and having to click a specific region of a title bar instead of having a focus driven keybind for the program (zoom, it's at least unbound by default)
This is not conducive to productivity. Let's not even mention the lack of UI scaling in something like Logic Pro, which makes it entirely unusable on this MBP. I can't resize anything in that fucking program or quite a few of the first party programs because some guy drinking a fresh pozload in Cuperfuckingtino said so.

>people unironically defending this trash

I had to install refind or clover bootloader to get it to show up, since there's no option to legacy boot anymore and it wouldn't populate on the UEFI menu no matter how I wrote the image/EFI portions. I have it dual booted as OSX/Slackware now and it mostly works fine. Workflow suffers from the lack of pgup/pgdn/end/home and I really do miss a wide pipe key however.

>Drops a .DS_Store file everywhere in anything non-mac
It's there to save your view options for that folder, however I get why it could be annoying, when you swap to a different computer. It doesn't place them on non APFS and HFS+ formatted drives, unless you do network storage. But if you do that you can disable it by doing defaults write com.apple.desktopservices DSDontWriteNetworkStores -bool TRUE in terminal
>No hotkey to rename
There is, just press return, then return again to finish the renaming. You can also add your own custom shortcut for renaming a single or multiple items in System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Applications
>Moving icons around can get disgusting looking fast
Care to explain further?
>Probably something fixable, but it doesn't remember my NAS credentials and I have to reconnect on every reboot
Odd, if you did enable to save your credentials. Personally I've had an issue where it doesn't remember my SMB credentials for some Windows drives too. But I think that problem was on the Windows side since my other Windows computer couldn't either. I do use a tool called "Mountain" that allows you to connect to network drives easily, if not some automatically, if that helps you out.

I use all three. Windows only for organizing NAS files and gaming. Not going to jump through hula-hoops to get shit working on wine.

My man

It manages to place them on my SMB drive w/ext4 behind the scenes. And thanks for the command.

Hotkey, yeah I feel pretty retarded right now.

The icon thing, when in that view, it doesn't have lock to grid by default. There's the clean up button, but I don't get why that's not default behavior.

NAS credentials, seems to always work on WIndows for me. Will take a look at that tool.

>pipe
option + l
>you have to customize your system to your liking if you want to be able to use it exactly like you want
yes? it allows you to do so? what's the problem?
>menus
again, they are consistent to me, unlike with windows and gnu/linux programs where they can't figure out what menu to put options or settings under
>bugchasers
incorrect, literally just a local search through the menu bar items and help pages, not like spotlight at all.
>missing pg up/down home/end
get a full size keyboard?

>gaming
Go back to /v/.

To set the grid view sorted correctly:
>open a new Finder window
>press cmd + j, a new window should pop up
>under sort, select name, or any other sorting option you'd want
>click on make default
If it doesn't carry over in other folders, try this command and then do the steps again sudo find / -name ".DS_Store" -depth -exec rm {} \;.
I find it rather stupid they don't have the sorting in windows enabled by default for new installs.

The ABSOLUTE state of fagOS.

Attached: 76tveiJ.gif (387x432, 2.91M)

>having nothing to say

Time for your daily process viewer and group policy whack-a-mole before Something Happens.

Attached: 1519821915579.webm (990x720, 2.45M)

Sorry, I don't use fagOS so I can't relate to that.

Attached: 1508699313655.png (614x434, 85K)

OS X instead of really pushing new features is playing a catch up game banking on it's old strengths. Finder JUST got a human bean preview of files with quick actions and there is still more to be done. Terminal used to be much better than what wangablows piece of frankenstein had, but it's been stagnating since then. I don't expect OS X to have every single feature than Linux distros have since you can often install them separately but it's time for native package manager instead of installing homebrew. Hopefully Apple's "workflow team' includes people who do programming for life so we can see some new features and fixes long overdue to the core of OS.
>can't alt-tab between the two, have to manually select for each
Retard, CMD Tab
>but i-i-it's not the same as on windows and linux!
Then go eat shit and die if you expect different OS to have same shortcuts.

What is that toolbar when selecting text?

Fixed A FUCKING LONG AGO.

>type root
>mash random keys
>hit enter
>gain root access
>"world's most advanced operating system"

Attached: 1512446263896.png (645x729, 62K)

It lets you in because it knows it's you, that's how advanced it is.

Attached: smug anime 2.jpg (1280x720, 66K)

kek

fpbp

You need an Apple computer or really fuck around with hackintosh and custom drivers. Their hardware is shit, their customer service is shit, their history with consumer rights and decency is shit. THUS MacOS is shit

yeah?
what aspects of productivity is apple "locking up" for you that open source alternatives provide?

true

this, I'm a photographer and web dev. I do all my work on the go, have yet to use anything near as useful as my rmbp from 2013. Fucking linux doesn't have anything nearly as good as adobe software yet, nor anything that can compare to FCPX and Windows is still as retarded as XP era.

That's a feature

Windows gets discarded based on font rendering alone. Not to mention the lack of vision or consistency in its general design, and its a fucking botnet that costs money.

Hurrrr durrrr should I buy home or pro? Fucking garbage normie os.

are you...agreeing or disagreeing with me about windows? it reads aggressively but the content is complimentary

Shut the fuck up you pinko faggot.

The lack of package manager (brew is a piece of shit and MacPorts don't have a lot of packages that I want), some GTK-related problems, a lot of bloatware, bad OpenGL support, no native Vulkan support, compositing issues (that's kinda funny since even KWin on X11 does not have them), APFS. It's like the worst *nix you can get in 2018. Sucks balls compared to GNU/Linux.
t. ex-mactoddler with Arch on MBP 15" 2016

Attached: 1533213272560.jpg (1280x960, 104K)

literally the best package manager supports it (nix)

Syncing to/from iCloud Photos doesn't work when I'm connected to my VPN.

Sometimes Safari crashes when watching Twitch.

Just today my MBP froze and shut down, and then wouldn't turn on for like a minute.

lemme guess you've been using arch for the last 6 weeks... good luck maintaining that shit.

What's wrong with Homebrew?

Looking like an idiot in public whenever you bring out your I-feelz-that-computers-are complicated-so-I-bought-this-thing-that-even-your-mom-could-handle device

why not use HFS

>Unironically this. Using macOS without a trackpad is a truly painful experience.
No it isn't. macOS is very usable with just mouse and keyboard. Aside from mouse acceleration, the OS really does not get in your way of using a mouse

Attempting to fix bugs on it is a fucking nightmare because usually their stupid code that fucks shit up and trying to fix it requires disabling all sorts of shit and breaking 3 other things

The creator of the os encourages you to deny your own experience in order to defend that shitheap against others who have not quite accepted the denial

The Finder icon looks retarded nowadays

nonfree

done.

The main reason why Jow Forumstards don't use macOS is because they can't do a hackintosh, the secondary reason is they actually believe in FOSS ideology in both cases the problem is brainletism.