DAILY REMINDER WINDOWS TASKBAR ICONS FLICKER CONSTANTLY

why are the icons on the taskbar always flickering in windows 10????

wait..... i know the answer..
windows performs a redraw of the icons when a SHChangeNotify call is made to shell32, specifically either SHCNE_ASSOCCHANGED or SHCNE_UPDATEIMAGE, as outlined here: docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/api/shlobj_core/nf-shlobj_core-shchangenotify

This looks like shit and its amazing this issue persists. Now take a look at microsoft 'support' forums. Ouch.. here's a complaint about the issue from 2009 (LOL, 10 years ago) 'Taskbar Flickering constantly. How do I make it stop?'. A more recent one has a Top answer from windows Expert 'A. User' suggesting to run 'sfc /scannow' to solve the problem!

no one is behind the wheel of the ship at the windows division of microsoft, or even microsoft in general. really sad stuff

Attached: blink.gif (329x335, 382K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/issues/4703/shellext-committing-flashes-all-taskbar
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Windows 3.1 doesn't have this problem

Attached: tux.png (883x1024, 105K)

Pointless reminder. I don't use windows.

Enjoy your botnet you silly fly

Attached: 1532971084190.jpg (725x768, 59K)

DAILY REMINDER THAT EDGE'S SCROLLBARS DON'T DISAPPEAR EVEN THOUGH YOU HAVE THAT OPTION ENABLED.

Is the botnet sending you data to the CIA niggers.

Attached: 1525923939480.gif (640x360, 176K)

Never had this shit.
Nice bait

this, microsoft should fix it. bump.

you are objectively wrong. i would be willing to bet you $1000 if you can prove otherwise. i know you can't show it, because this is literally windows' nature. you've probably just never noticed it, good luck not noticing now HAHAHA!!!! more funny examples of this nonsense bitbucket.org/tortoisehg/thg/issues/4703/shellext-committing-flashes-all-taskbar

literally never happened to me and i'm on the computer 16 hours a day kys

youve just never noticed it. now you will start noticing it all the time, enjoy

>DAILY REMINDER WINDOWS TASKBAR ICONS FLICKER CONSTANTLY
>when you perform specific actions that request a redrawing of the icons

>why are the icons on the taskbar always flickering in windows 10????
Because it's garbage!

Moving a file from the desktop to the recycle bin does not require the task bar to be redrawn.

what i find fascinating about these threads are those that defend it! the redrawing could occur without disappearing the icon first, so that it would be seamless. or, it could check to see if the old icon is the same as the new icon. the implementation is crap.

It just flickers when you move an icon to the recycle bin, what's the big deal?

Clearly it does.

does it still have that annoying occasional bug where one of the programs in the taskbar always has to remain on focus even when you're not hovering it with your mouse, leaving its preview open?
windows had this problem at least since 7

Haha, yeah I had this shit since win 7 too. And yes, this shit sometimes happen on my win 10 ltsb n.

Yeah, i have to double tap the windows key so much to fix this shit

latest ltsb is like from 2015. 6 fucking years
it solves the problem? i've always had to kill windows explorer and start it again with task manager. stupid me

Yes. And the only solution is to restart explorer.exe, lol.

stupid memeboy

>latest ltsb is like from 2015. 6 fucking years
>2015 + 6 = 2021
???

windows 7 was launched in 2009 i think. a bug from then is still present in a 2015 version of the software.

Literally doesn't happen on my machine. Install your graphics driver, fucktard.

Honestly have never seen this in the newest dev build

Okay, maybe because Windows is written poorly. It does not justify the reason to do so.

holy shit this pisses me off so much

win 7 sp1
Can't reproduce

It's only a Windows 10 problem.

The problem is not redrawing. The problem is no double buffering.
What the fuck windows?

>blaming win10 incompetence on win32
>paying rent for your os
windows xp does not have this problem

GNU/Linux 4.15.0-29-generic x86_64
Gnome 2/Cinnamon

Can't reproduce either :(

It's to save energy.
It saves you money and battery by not really always being on. They flash on and off faster than the human eye can see so to us it just looks like it's always on.