AMD worth it?

Are there any hidden issues with AMD's Ryzen CPUs?
I have not owned an AMD CPU since my first PC with an AMD Duron back in 2000.

I'm worried that, just like ATi/AMD GPUs, it could have major performance issues in many games that are not optimized for it, such as low-budget indie games, betas/early access, MMOs etc where AMD GPUs were worthless.

Is this an issue with AMD CPUs? Do they only perform well in the same 10-15 tasks people use to benchmark them?
Is it possible I might fire up a CPU-intensive game made by inept/inexperienced coders, like Monster Hunter World, and I'd get crippled performance with an AMD CPU because of optimization?

Attached: amd-ryzen-5-primary-100713506-large[1].jpg (700x525, 35K)

Have one, works well

doubtful, single thread performance is decent enough to get 400+ fps in csgo if you optimize settings

I still have an 8350. No problems

They are dogshit gaming wise
Intel btfos it in that aspect by a mile

CS:GO is not very hardware intensive

Monster Hunter World seems to be a CPU-intensive unoptimized mess, like many other games (e.g. Warhammer 2, Fallout 4 to name a few) and this trend isn't going to change

probably not ryzen itself but my asus motherboard is absolute garbage and likely fried my cpu due to the ridiculous voltages it runs at stock

Did you get a new CPU?

there's issuses like RYZENFALL, FALLOUT, CHIMERA and MASTERKEY

same here
If I want to upgrade I need new mobo new price fixed™ DDR4 RAM and all that

This. Even old Sandy Bridge Intel CPUs have like 50% more FPS in games compared to Ryzen. Stay the fuck away from it if you only intend to run games on it.

I wonder who could be behind this post?

If you are gaming get Intel. Even the 8100 outperforms Ryzen chips in the same price range. That being said the performance difference isn't really as big as some people make it out to be.

I guess I'll buy a 9700K then
Hyperthreading is not worth $100 is it? For the 9900K

You definitely want hyperthreading, 9900K is the only option worth considering.

Dont fall for their tricks op

Obvious bait.
The i7 2700k barely outperforms the r3 1200 in gaming.

> This. Even old Sandy Bridge Intel CPUs have like 50% more FPS in games compared to Ryzen.
If you take the heatsink off the Ryzen CPU and make it thermal throttle maybe.

If only Intel put as much effort into their products as they did with talking shit about AMD, they might have something that wasnt an overpriced joke.

No, even 4 threads are enough for gaming. New cpus will have what 8 threads? Thats plenty.

I have two, both work perfectly fine and are cold as fuck.
see pic for the R7 1800x

Attached: win7 r7.png (1071x485, 69K)

>windows 7
holy fuck i thought this was just a meme, people actually do it? ahahaahahah

It's a shame the WEI was removed from 8.1+. It was pretty meaningless, but I never got a full 7.8 on my hardware before that time.

And don't want to install 7 now.

Why not?
windows 10 is complete shit.
and let's not talk about 8.1

>Using windows at all
When did they allow brainlets on Jow Forums?

when you showed up here

i mean, if you care about your OS not being shit you'd be using linux

how is 10 worse than 7? after they retroactively added the botnet shit to 7 there's no point in using it over 10

Assassins Creed Origins caps out my 3570K to 100% CPU usage across all 4 cores and bottlenecks my GPU

I think games are multi threaded now, because consoles are

>they retroactively added the botnet shit to 7
what does "disable updates" means?

nothing on windows 10

>he doesn't know

Good sir we lost your contact address and thus cant forward your 20 shekels. Please contact intel hq.

>on windows 10
but I'm not using windows 10

Would still be on my 8350 if my board didn't fail.
Upgrading to a 1700 sure was nice though.

I was implying that updates can't be disabled on windows 10, not that anybody used it.

then don't use windows 10 brainlet

Works great, recently I discovered that if I manually set process priority to realtime it gives a hefty fps boost and makes things even smoother.
When I did this on my old i5 it would lag and stutter my whole computer and add tons of mouse lag. On Ryzen 7 1700 it adds zero lags, makes everything smoother and gives varying FPS boosts depending on the game.
My friend has a 2700X and he has even better performance than me on single-thread heavy games like WoW, where he says he got a 60fps boost over his old 1700.

Overall I'm very satisfied with Ryzen 7 for gaming, I've already built my brother and boyfriend more budget friendly computers with Ryzen 5s, targeting 60-90fps no problem at great prices.

Issues however, Ryzen 1 has not that good XFR, you have to manually overclock, on my CPU stock voltages are not high enough and it would BSOD on stress tests, other than that I've had no issues. Just make sure to buy high speed RAM and low latency.

Attached: 20171112_132145.jpg (1032x581, 110K)

There are some issues with the 2200G and 2400G in regards to IOMMU on Linux.

It'll work fine. Stop worry about what shills have to say about their favorite brand.

Choose what makes the most sense for your needs.

In the overwhelming majority of stuff out there you couldn't tell a difference anyway. Poorly coded shit will run like shit regardless of what kind of hardware you throw at it.

IOMMU is a crapshot on majority of mainstream-tier motherboards. It is a problem entirely on UEFI-side not really the fault of the hardware.

It is a feature really meant for professional market. If you want proper IOMMU implementation. You'll have to get professional-tier motherboards (no RGB, gayming edition BS)

Your best bet with iommu is to keep the mobo patched if you already have it, and watch for success stories on various forums (level1tech, Jow Forumsvfio) if you're looking to buy one. The chip has little to do with it.

If you don't have an 1080ti and play games at 720p you're fine.

>anus

Nope none
Get a 2700x and 16gb 3200 ram

get 2700x and 16gb 3600 ram. i seen some on sell, cheap with low timings, must of been samsung b-die

Why not get an i5-8400 and 16gb 3200 RAM?
There's Z370 motherboards for 95 Euros now, and the 8400 costs 170E

Already got mine
At stock clocks 3400+ is overkill for negligible gains mate
Wait for the higher clocked 7nm next gen stuff and cheaper ram before u go running 3200+ I'm talking like a couple of fps differences between shit its not worth it
Because I also have a 1600x 3200 16gb system

i seen the 3600 ddr4 for real cheap though and low cl latencies . Model F4-3600C15D-16GTZ
seen it on sale the other day.

How much where the 32 and 64 128 gb kits tho?

No. I thought this before buying ryzen as well but i figured AMD GPUs suck because their drivers are shit in games, CPUs don't have gaming drivers so there shouldn't be a problem. Turns out i was right.

I use it with 8.1 10 is shit 7 is almost outdated and slower.

Having a 1700 and 2700X, unfortunately the 2700X is defective. I couldn't use my 4000 € build in the last months. I guess this could happen to Intel too, my X99 used to have RAM problems and I don't want to need a delid.

Should have installed LTSB

WIndows 8.1 Pro x64? Yes did it.

kek

Upgraded to 1700 and never looked back.

Get a 2700X though, or a 2600X if you can't make use of the moar coars.

"buy intel because of no other reason than brand loyalty"

crappy memory i/o latency. needs x2 expensive ram to beat budget intel, lol

RAM is absurdly expensive regardless of speed right now.
I can buy 3200mhz RAM for 155E, or 2133mhz RAM for 143E. It's a miniscule difference.

Intel jewing this thread, watch out!

don't forget about timings, user

what kind of currency is that

You will see no significant improvement by increasing ram frequency using intel cpus. 2666 is enough

Euros I'd imagine

oh...

Attached: 15286585033301.gif (312x225, 398K)

3200 RAM isn't much more expensive, its mostly 10 €. Unless you want the best RAMs (B-Dies). Those start around 230-250 €. But Hynix RAM suffices for most builds, even Micron, you only "need" B-Dies if you build a highend rig when cost is no matter and you use only the best parts.

pretty happy with 1600x for 1440p gaming.

>boyfriend
Kys faggot

I feel like these are a meme.
>muh productivity
>muh corelets
90% of you faggots cannot even make use of all the cores the AMD offers. Sure Intel has worse "value" when you compare the price and core count but we're still living in a time where majority of casual every day programs/games still prefer a higher single threaded performance and that's where Intel is still in the lead.
If you buy AMD to "future-proof" your build, it'll be long outdated before that happens.
I think this will change with Zen 2 though, when they should match or even exceed Intel's single thread performance, so if you're thinking of jumping ship, it's probably worth the wait.

I got memed by Jow Forums shills into thinking that I should upgrade to Zen but when I looked into it myself, it turns out I'd be doing a sidegrade at best from my 2014 22nm Intel CPU.

it's like you missed last season when all 7700k owners were complaining about stutter in every
AAA game they launched

All fixed, no performance loss.

Attached: 1502143993622.jpg (444x444, 81K)

How does Ryzen scale on console eumlation? I talking about CPU-intensive PS2 and PS3 emulation. So far only Intel i7 CPU is reliable at this.

t. corelet

|
|>
|
|

WHY YOU GOTTA BE SO ANTI-SEMITIC?

Attached: 1436734391281.jpg (202x249, 30K)

>things that didnt happen

idk about the desktop version but the 2700U looks gud, probably going w/ that for my next laptop

idk why anyone would keep buying intel w/ all of the fucking issues they're having
>be intel
>find major vulnerabilities in architecture of chipset
>jewuorbust.mp4
>keep releasing new hardware without fixing vulnerabilities

Attached: jer01nov14BAZ.jpg (1500x1054, 145K)

What's with these obvious shill threads as every normal person would go to anandtech or tom's hardware instead of asking Jow Forums

>everyone would ask the literal shills intead of the imaginary ones

Attached: 54352345345353.png (278x280, 195K)

No AVX-512

Yes

this post infuriates and triggers the AMPoo shills

>Multi-core doesn't matter!
>Productivity doesn't matter!
>Price/performance doesn't matter!
>Performance per watt doesn't matter!
>Power usage doesn't matter!
>Temperatures don't matter!
>Soldered dies don't matter!
>Stutters don't matter!
>Streaming doesn't matter!
>Data centers don't matter!
>Locked CPUs don't matter!
>OEMs don't matter!
>Hyperscalers don't matter!
>Upgradeability doesn't matter!
>Anti-competitive business practices don't matter!
>Locked platform features don't matter!
>Synthetic loads don't matter!
>PCI-e lanes don't matter!
>Burnt pins don't matter!
>ECC support doesn't matter!
>*NEW* 7nm doesn't matter!
>*NEW* HEDT doesn't matter!
>*NEW* StoreMI doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Security doesn't matter!
>*NEW* Stock coolers don't matter!
>*NEW* Games don't ALWAYS matter!
>*NEW* Hyperthreading doesn't matter!

Attached: 1514937277489.jpg (626x657, 81K)

Ugly gayming branding and packaging

Real talk, does anyone actually use AVX-512 at all? I've never seen any real workload that uses them.

Attached: 1532756867725.jpg (988x854, 168K)