pcpartpicker.com/
>Learn how to build a PC
Search youtube for a build guide for your socket
>How to install Win7 on new CPUs
pastebin.com/TUZvnmy1

Want help?
>State the budget & CURRENCY for your build
>List your uses - e.g. Gaming, Video Editing, VM Work
>For monitors, include purpose (e.g. photo editing, gaming) and graphics card pairing (if applicable)
>Don't use Speccy, you retard. Use HWinfo, SIV, etc.

Overclocking
>Use PBO on Ryzen. Legacy overclocking is defunct on Ryzen 2#00X CPUs. youtube.com/watch?v=FC3fsVk9Sss

CPUs
>R3 2200G - Bare minimum gaming (dGPU optional)
>R5 2400G - Consider IF on sale
>R5 2600/X - Good gaming & multithreaded work use CPUs
>i7-8700K - Best for 1080p gaming, but most expensive when factoring in delid, high-end cooler, etc.
>R7 2700/X - Best high-end gaming/mixed usage on a non-HEDT platform
>Threadripper/Used Xeon - HEDT

Motherboards
>Only Z300 series Intel boards can utilize fast memory

RAM
>8GB - Enough for most gaming use
>16GB - Standard for heavy use
>32GB - If you have to ask, you don't need this much
>Current CPUs benefit from fast RAM; 2933MHz+ is ideal

Graphics cards
1080p
>RX 570/580 /w Freesync or 1060 6GB are standard 1080p 60fps+ options
>1050Ti or RX560 for lower settings 1080p, or older games
>GTX 1070Ti/Vega 56 if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
1440p
>Vega 56 /w Freesync, 1070Ti if you already have Gsync
>GTX 1080Ti if seeking higher fps & you have a CPU + monitor to match
2160p(4K)
>Titan V
OpenCL work
>Vega 64

Storage
>Consider StoreMi
>Consider getting a larger SSD (better GB/$) instead of small SSD & large HDD
>2TB HDDs are barely more $ than 1TB
>M.2 is a form factor, NOT a performance standard

Monitors
>Always consider FreeSync with AMD cards
>Lock to 72fps on 144hz non-Gsync monitors with Nvidia cards to prevent tearing on more demanding games
>PLAN YOUR BUILD AROUND YOUR MONITOR IF GAMING

Previous: →

Attached: 1532989800229.jpg (5184x3456, 3.15M)

Other urls found in this thread:

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZgQhmq
fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/krHQfH
acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.CX0AA.P01
acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.CX1AA.A01
pcpartpicker.com/list/XsJJtg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/ZgQhmq

Rate this build goys. Its for a friend, for gaming/general use probably at 1440p with freesync

Total is 721 bongs

Attached: Screenshot_Fennec_F-Droid_20180802-120600_1.png (1080x1139, 168K)

upgrade to 2x 8gb memory
and probably get the 2600x unless he's on tight budget

>cheapest 1080ti is still 760 dollars
AHHHHHH

580 is more of a 1080p card, and you'd have to pull a fair few settings down to medium. I'd recommend a
Vega56 for freesync 1440p, and at least a 1070ti if going Nvidia.
Worth asking the resident namefaggot, as he's using an RX580 with a 1440p monitor though.

Is this the AMD shill thread?

Attached: 1486300190816_____.jpg (900x1200, 158K)

>son tells dad "I need some hi end graphics cards for my mining rig"
>...

these pictures make me so angry
i never visit twitch anymore because of this same reason

12 year old kids with 3k builds streaming minecraft

fr.pcpartpicker.com/list/krHQfH

What do you guys think ?
it's for 1080p gaming and I can get a rx 580 4gb for 150 euro

Attached: build.png (1148x728, 72K)

do you need the extra threads for workloads? If it's a gaming PC, I'd definitely change out the 1700 for a 2600 for dat IPC.

>it's for 1080p gaming
It's an abhorrently stupid build for that.
Get either 2600X or 8400, considering your budget the 8400 is the better choice.

I thought the 1700 was better than the 2600 since it's basically a 12nm 1600 ?

I need to build the cheapest possible "gaming" PC
for my little cousin. He plays mainly GTAIV+GTAV and 720P/30FPS is enough for him.

I already have a case, 32GB (4x8GB) DDR3 ram (only for AMD), 500w (bronze 80) PSU and a Zotac GTX960 4GB GPU.

What motherboard/CPU/Cooler would you recommend? Budget is $175 for that.

BTW the RAM is only useable for AMD
as the seller states, see the screenshot.
(I didn't even know such a thing exists)

that DDR3 RAM was cheap af btw, only $120 for 32GB DDR3 1600

Attached: nGHBL6X[1].png (945x73, 15K)

>Dat Jow Forums page
Top kek,as they say

>that DDR3 RAM was cheap af btw, only $120 for 32GB DDR3 1600
Are you fucking retarded? You bought shit DDR3 RAM and 32GB you will never need for $120.
You could have spend that + the $175 you still have on 2200G + B450 + 8GB DDR4.
Now you are stuck with a choice of shit ass AM3 FX crispies.

Dude, relax. Breath. I didn't buy it, his father did.
I'm just saying it's cheap as fuck, thats all.

Hey, theyre parents worked hard so their kids could have nice stuff. Thats all that it is. Unless theyre from america, then theyre just evil rich people.

>Unless theyre from america, then theyre just evil rich people.

my sides :D

ASUS VG248QE 24" 1080p 144Hz Monitor - $130

Sound like a good deal?

How is movie watching on a high refresh monitor? I assume they do 120Hz for judder-free 24fps viewing?

What? No. It's just an 8 core 16 thread version of the 1600 like what the 2700 is to the 2600. The 1700 is still 14nm 1st gen Ryzen.

In that case his father is an utter retard. For $175 you can try and find some shitty ass old used FX8350 + mobo + cooler. That's all you have.
It will perform roughly like a 2200G but considering the shit RAM it will be worse.
Tell that idiot that he's an idiot, he basically fucked up his sons first computer.

Ryzen 5 2600x
MSI X470
Corsair Vengeance 2x8GB DDR4-3000
Crucial 500gb SSD
Gigabyte 1080
Meshify C TG case
Evga 550w
Dell S2716DG 27" 1440p 144hz

How's this look?

Never mind it's sold.

So I should go 2600 + x370 or x470 cause the x370 is like 40 euro cheaper even if I pay for the bios update

B450 will do. Going the older 300 series boards you miss out on PBO, and really you shouldn't need a flagship X370/470 chipset to overclock a 6 core 2600.

can you guys even use your PC in the current heatwave?

Attached: Heat-Wave--660x400.jpg (660x400, 33K)

Swap corsair for cheaper alternative otherwise good to go

Is 3000 DDR4 enough? Is the performance difference so great I should spend even more at the already price fixed RAM?

>Is 3000 DDR4 enough?
Definitely. More is better, but 3000mhz is pretty ideal.

If you have ryzen 3200 b-die is bare minimum

b-die meme is a meme that needs to die.
It's the best option, but isn't "bare minimum".

No,. it's not much bigger.

This is a intel shill

So is a 1070ti enough for 1440p gaming? Looking to get a new monitor as I just bought a new rig and been using a 9 year old 1080p monitor.

Rig:
Ryzen 2700x
X470 MB
Gskill Trident z 3200mhz
Evo 970 SSD

>buyer's remorse
Everyone knows ryzen is only worth buying if you have b-die. If not it's trash compared to intel

>So is a 1070ti enough for 1440p gaming?
Definitely. 1070ti should be good enough for ~75hz on high-ultra settings, but should keep close to 60fps minimum.

>This is a intel shill
You called it.
Pic related, isn't b-die.

Attached: 1532698514635.png (1338x1181, 70K)

>buying a 2½-year-old gfx card

good goy

>upselling the latest and most expensive graphics cards which will release maybe before the heat death of the universe
good shill

Do you have charts that just have the ram differences, not OC + ram, compared to stock. Genuinely interested.

>pic related isnt b-die
That's a 3400 cl16, pajeet. Anything above 3200 can overclock like a b-die. Do you even know anything about rams or just talk out of your ass? Without that or b-die you will get the shit results shown with the (ddr4-2933)

Why the fuck would you wait for cards that are gonna be expensive as fuck and most likely sold out for awhile when you can enjoy gaming now until a slow down comes?

Can someone please tell me what is really the difference between
>acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.CX0AA.P01
and
>acer.com/ac/en/US/content/predator-model/UM.CX1AA.A01
To me both are pretty much identical with the exception of the refresh rate and I don't understand the price differences.

I don't know anything about computer parts and such but I'd like a desktop PC because I'm getting tired of my laptop.

I've got a budget of 500€ I guess. Not really strict. I want to browse the web mostly, watch some shows and do basic office work for university so it's got to be Windows. I don't plan on gaming a lot but being able to wouldn't be bad. Fallout 4 is the most recent game I'd be interested in playing. I don't care about good graphics, I just wanna be able to play a smoothly running game. I need a big hard drive for shows, films, music, at least 1 TB. SSD would be nice I guess. Maybe one day I'll try a double boot with ubuntu if that matters for that.

>buy B-die for your B450/2600
>still ends up same price as
B360/8400
Only a shill could disagree with this

Attached: 1530498171074.jpg (1024x768, 90K)

Why would you lie on the internet?

>Spending 1000 dollardoos on a monitor
Kek

I haven't followed hardware for a while and I'm in the market for a 600-700 eurobucks PC that will handle 1080p gaming (and ideally would last for next-gen shit like CP2077) and video editing. Is that feasible for the price?

I'm mostly asking because I've heard rumblings that new cards are imminent and right now is a bad time to build a PC despite parts finally reaching their original MSRP.

Thoughts?

Attached: 1429130345954.png (601x695, 5K)

I'd start with B450, 2200G+2x4GB ~3000MHz cl16 and upgrede from there, depending on how much budget is left. Though I'm not an expert, so listen to the replies calling me a retard too.

user isn't really wrong since i5-8400 has been around $195 the past few days while 2600 has been on sale.

But I'd still recommend spending more for 2600X and just enabling PBO for the ease of it. Most people who buy unlocked CPUs don't OC, but changing a single BIOS setting is easy.

I'd agree with the user recommending a 2200G, but you should be able to fit in a 2400G at that budget unless you also need a monitor in that budget.

Please help.

pcpartpicker.com/list/XsJJtg

I just assembled a new PC. All the cables and shit are snug tight, I can turn it on and the fans boot up and start spping, the lights on the graphics card turn on and the fans start going, I can plug in a keyboard and it will respond to things like caps lock and numlock, remembering the states of both even if I unplug the keyboard.

I can't get it to display HDMI output at all. Plugging into both the Graphics card and the motherboard gives no signal. I tired both a different Cable and monitor and neither of them work.

Attached: Everyone_was_harmed.gif (500x370, 1.87M)

Plugging into the motherboard won't work when that CPU doesn't have an iGPU.

You tried one of the other HDMI outputs, right?
It could either be a board or GPU issue. It also sounds like you may just not have the 8pin plugged into the GPU. Those generally don't give video output from board power alone even though they technically could if engineered to.

That aside, I hope you didn't actually pay $485 for a 1070.

For a high quality monitor here in aus, thats how much it is.
Everything is fucking expensive here yo

Despite cards reaching MSRP, they're almost fucking 3 years old
I would for now get a budget card like the 1050 and then get the next gen, because it will be twice as fast at the very least given the time frame

>one of the other HDMI outputs
Not him, but that GPU has only a single HDMI output.

how far off is next gen? I could wait until fall/winter if it ends up being worth it

I have the 8pin plugged in

Is ryzen 2200g good enough for the mother in law's facebook rig?

My roomate's PC has this weird thing where while gaming, his performance would literally shut down at random in a manner similar to thermal throttling, which is weird since his temps are always in the 50ºCs on all components.

What is even WEIRDER is that this gets fixed temporarily by minimizing the game repeatedly until it works again for a bit before going back to atrocious performance.

What we've tried so far:

Updating BIOS, GPU, chipset, etc.
Using a different GPU
Using a different appropiate PSU
Changing thermal paste on CPU
Checking and changing RAM
Installing fresh W10, fresh W7 ISOs
Some other things I might be forgetting

I just don't know what's going on, anyone got any idea?

The grapes really are sour

Yeah of course, but with Facebooks "developers" you never know lol

Definitely.

Could be the VRMs which are getting too hot, not the CPU? But you did say all components are under 50C...
Could also be an overclock that's not really stable. I had that happening with a sketchy overclock. Instead of crashing it'd just get slow until rebooting.

Yeah everything gets bigger and shittier, just trying to build something a little overpowered. She'll kill it with malware in 6 months anyways.

no overclock on that computer, roommate is way too retarded for that stuff, but regardless I've accessed BIOS and there was no overclock going on
also yeah all temps are normal

Pulling the trigger on this in two days.
Thanks for helping me out, /pcbg/.

Attached: IMG_20180802_154635.jpg (1172x669, 85K)

>good enough
why wouldnt it be

$45 250W PSU?

600w

get afterburner and check weather is cpu or gpu usage taking a dive

>Budget

~300/400€

>List your uses

Gaming, Linux, Developement

I want to upgrade my current build (look the pic), it was a prebuild PC, I changed the graphic card.

I want to update to a ryzen, but I need to change the motherboard, RAM & PSU.

No one have some recommendation?

Attached: HWiNFO64_2018-08-01_22-17-42.png (640x577, 71K)

CPU usage is rather small for the kind of shit going on when that happens, could it be related?

I thought the fact that it wasn't on heavy usage meant that it wasn't being overloaded and stuff

post the specs and the games you were playing

Fuck if I know, that's why I asked.

Sapphire r7 240
i7 440k
8GB RAM

LoL, CS GO, La-Mulana, Terraria, Risk of Rain

specs are less than stellar but these games don't require shit to be run, also they run great until the drop happens

does r5 2600 + rx580 8gb make sense in this day and age for ~450 eurobucks?

If you want 16GB RAM that will already take almost half your budget and that 1050 2GB is a massive bottleneck, what do you expect us to tell you?
Best case for you is B450 + 2200G + 8 GB cheapest RAM and some trash PSU, that's not worth it.

That sounds like an incredibly deal. Why do you even have to ask?

240 is incredibly ancient. But you said you tried a different GPU.
i7-440k doesn't exist.

And you made sure to clean it of dust?

that was a typo, I meant to say 450

>240 is incredibly ancient. But you said you tried a different GPU.
plugged my GTX 1600 into it but no luck

>i7-440k doesn't exist.
shit, meant 4820K

also yeah it's clear of dust and stuff

Looks good. That's a massive PSU for that application, but I take it you'd like to expand to a GPU down the track?
450 i7 isn't even a thing. If it's first gen Nahelem it could be an 860 or 900 series, if it's Haswell it could be 4770 or 4790.

I deleted my original post because of a typo so there's a bit of confusion, 450 is referring to the price. here's that post fixed

I thought I would have grown out of the "need to have the best/flagship" phase but fuck me I can't seem to shake it. I start off putting together a modest rig that simply for gaming is perfect, but I'll add a little bit here and there, maybe see that a better part is only $10-20 more than the current one I'm, looking at, and before I know it I'm staring down the barrel of a 1080ti i7 8700k 16gb 3200mhz ram etc. Looking at benchmarks has RUINED me because I can't stand the idea of running into a situation where I MAY want to play the latest and greatest game on full max ultra settings but not get over 60fps and I'll be bummed out as fuck.

This is why I haven't built or had a computer that wasn't my work laptop for like 5 years.

Memery

Momory

Depends on model of RX580 and how much tax is included in that cost.
Sounds pretty mediocre.

In the US you can get a 2600 for ~$160 and decent model of RX580 8Gb for around $250.
And I've seen euro prices for RX580s around 250 euro as well, but it depends on area and their tax so... you figure it out.

Have fun upgrading in 6 months.

i'm a poorfag

I know but that doesn't magically change prices, 2200/2400G is what you're looking at.

Yeah buy that garbage 4c4t amd apu poorfag

Is an MSI b450I + 16gb G.Skill 3200mhz Ram + R5 2600/2600X a good future-proof combo?
I've had a Gigabyte ab350n mobo for the last 6 months and overclocking has been a bitch and the board runs needlessly hot, which is why I'm looking for a replacement. What I don't like about the b450i is that it lacks pretty LEDs, but that's a sacrifice I can live with.

Attached: b450 mini ITX.jpg (1280x1280, 212K)

I'm .
I got hold of a makeshift motherboard speaker and attached it to my motherboard. I'm waiting for a real motherboard speaker in the post before I definitively single anything out and RMA it.

I tried 's suggestion, and even jumping the Clear RTC RAM header, both of which changed nothing.
Still no beeps, ever.

I tried taking it out of the case and booting with no RAM at all, nothing. At this point all I have left to check is the CPU and PSU, and if it's neither of those, it must be the motherboard.
Speaking of the motherboard, I did notice when unpacking the motherboard that one pin on the back had pierced the anti-static bag.

Then you gotta deal with the reality of the situation. You can't afford to build yourself a PC that's any kind of significant improvement to what you're current using. Save up or buy a console.

Maybe see if you can find a used 4690k/4790k and a better GPU?

why would he necessarily need a new PSU tho?

Yeah in my situation I had a 1151 motherboard but it didn't support 8th gen Intel(up to 7).

Attached: 1519247107281.jpg (1200x1800, 1.59M)

Idk.. he said he needs one.

I didn't adress that part because it's an X470 board. It's definitely not a BIOS issue.
As for the CPU, I confirmed it was correctly seated and had no damaged pins. That leaves just the PSU and motherboard. Guess I'll write to my mobo's tech support, thanks for the tips anyway.

Ryzen would be a small to moderate boost in multi-threaded workloads but a sidegrade in single threaded.
Barring the potential chink shit PSU of a prebuilt (but they're all chink shit, just looking for the least), DDR4 RAM is a bit up there (again, because of chinks).

A 1050 2GB and 8GB are not unusable for gaming, and you already have the 1050 which is a big favor in getting your CPU correct now. But your budget is really tight.
Given how old the CPU is, the prebuilt case might be equally shit in terms of air flow, cable management, mounting options, etc.

For 400 though you can definitely get something.

Sorry if this doesn't make sense but say I've got an SSD with the OS as my C:\ and my standard HDDs that I have everything installed on, how do I make it so that the default installations for programs, files, settings etc... is on my HDDs and not on the SSD?

If you're autistic you could symlink your program files folders to the other drive.
For your files you can set the location of your Music/Picture/Video libraries to another drive, not sure about moving your entire user folder.

Basically symlink everything.

Attached: explorer_2018-08-02_11-45-37.png (363x481, 13K)

Anyone?

If you can't even cough up 3k you don't belong in the modern world