Buying laptop

I haven't looked at any laptops or their news in the past 3 years and now i need one
>light work, no gaems
>small to fit in my bag
>under 1k uropoors
>would like a touch screen
what are my options?

so far I've looked at:
Asus Vivobook Flip 14
Asus Zenbook Flip
Lenovo IdeaPad Yoga 520
HP Pavilion x360

Attached: 1503320688166.jpg (500x336, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@petragospodneti/windows-10-and-linux-love-hate-dual-boot-problems-d9994cbe16c0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

T430, now fuck off

no, thanks

x220t

>x220t
why do you want me to buy this shit monster thinkpads?

Because;
>It's lightweight and small
>Under $1000
>Has a touchscreen
Have you actually used a Thinkpad? The X and T series are really light. Plus if you buy one, you'd be spending $200-300 max on a used laptop and you can buy other important things.

Would something in the X or T series be enough if the most I was running was VSC and chrome and I'm mostly using it for programming?

Yes, an x220/t can do all of those things swimmingly

thats exactly what i use my x220 for. running linux with a tiling WM. i have the i5 with 16 gigs of RAM. i should have gotten 8 gigs of ram tho, 16 is overkill.

xps
Prior model (9360/9560) can be had brand new with a nice discount, also they have usb-a ports as well as usb-c

Protip from experience: The HP Pavilion sucks at running Linux.

Don't listen to this faggot the T430 weighs 5 pounds.

x220T
No joke.

Get an older gen x1 on craigslist. Sub $600 easy.

>>small to fit in my bag
>>under 1k uropoors
>>would like a touch screen
>what are my options?
suicide

>chrome

Are you a child?

>MUUUM, OU DONT UNDERSTAND. I NEED 16 GIGS.
same here, still nice to have though.

Surface go 8gb when it goes on clearance

I have a Yoga 520, or flex 5 for Americans. It is nice, works decently and serves its functions as a college laptop

>Surface

Are they still jewing buyers with the keyboard?

Did you install Linux? If so, how compatible is it?

medium.com/@petragospodneti/windows-10-and-linux-love-hate-dual-boot-problems-d9994cbe16c0

It's a bit problematic to install as dual boot, the link I provided is the easiest solution.
Tbh i haven't tested the touchscreen or the active pen on any distro, I'm getting used to having those.

Stop recommending thinkpads, you're making them more expensive for everybody.

Is there any way to build a custom laptop? Plenty of companies claim to offer this, but in reality they only let you filter by a handful of meme options like screen size and which Intelâ„¢ processor you want. You can't choose OS, ports, battery lifetime, et cetera.

(UK user here, don't wanna use System76 because import taxes are ridiculous)

What about Chinese laptops such as Xiaomi or Chuwi?

Are there any good?

Also cheap laptops

I had old school runescape, 8 Firefox tabs, and three terminal windows open last night and it was surprisingly smooth and speed was unhindered.

t. X200 (core 2 duo processor)

Why not try a Chromebook? Light, affordable, good battery life.

Of course

Fucking this.
Reddit and youtubers drove up the price by two times what they usually cost.

those are neither small nor light, AND you're quoting prices from the wrong continent.
Dumbasses like you are worse than unhelpful.