So Jow Forums how much do you earn with programming or other tech related jobs? Or is it just a hobby?

so Jow Forums how much do you earn with programming or other tech related jobs? Or is it just a hobby?

Attached: Mr-Robot.png (1024x576, 620K)

I'm 18, working in the summer right now.
$10 an hour doing python at a /comfy/ high tech firm. That's not a lot but I enjoy it and get meals + driving fees + a lot of down time to relax.

When did you start learning programming? Also happy to hear that you are doing good :)

4000 € a month before tax.

after taxes 2,8k? not bad though

I haven't made a penny from tech work. I'm too busy getting lost in the theory of different algorithms and the nitty-gritty details of languages and infrastructures to actually build anything useful.

that doesn't sound bad just give yourself some time. I mean you are enjoying it right? You will surely be able to make money with ur skill

>how much do you earn with programming
500 pussies a month
CHECK 'EM

Attached: 142076979690.png (464x352, 149K)

YOU RUINED IT

Attached: 1476049138401s.jpg (217x250, 7K)

Something like that. I’m a test/environment automation engineer. Should be able to negotiate taise to 4.3k later this year.

6500 a month before taxes. Firmware for automotive

How?? I am sorry, I really didn't mean it.. I was pretty impressed because it sounded like you really enjoy your work, so there is nothing wrong with not earning money atm if you just seek more and more knowledge. I apologize.

Attached: 32512052_711870099144127_7319703490291302400_n.jpg (482x427, 65K)

How did you manage to get such a high paid job? Holy shit, I am impressed.
Nice to see that you will be able to earn more money :D Do you enjoy your job?

I make a lot selling my soul to the goolag doing mostly meaningless shit.

>a legitimate response
I am not the person you were replying to. I merely meant you ruined my GET.
I'm sorry. I'm autistic and I have no friends.

24, side job as sysadmin for 3 computers.

I get paid ~18$ an hour for sitting around and reading before I click. Comfy job, two middle aged ladies who pamper me and thank me for every mundane thing.

I sell fucking noodles at a Chinese restaurant and make $3000 a month. I'm trying to learn how to do computer shit so I can stop peddling dog meat for a living and reading about how some of you guys make way less than that but actually know how to do computer shit is making me depressed as fuck.

>autonomous driving engineer
>hardcode C++ and paper reading
>16k starting
Fuck, I hate living in this shithole country.

Almost 100k a year.

yo my fellow /18perhour/

I'm about to start my junior year at uni and I'm making $15/hr at my summer internship at a small IT company.

Rising second year uni student, $16/hr full time over the summer in an app development internship. Pretty comfy. Good boss who was my professor.

Finished school last year, working as devops engineer at a leading tech firm making 70k.

$38/hr. Do about 5 hours of work a week, get paid for 40. It's a good life.

Ayyy, sick! That's the fucking dream man. Congratulations.

Try WebDev, lower barrier to entry

Is this considered high paying? Are you from Europe by any chance?

In the US that's starting in most metro cities. Apart from the valley where it's higher but cost of living will make you improverished.

Damn that's pretty fuckin cozy dude my Jow Forumsuy

18.20$, muh boi

I unironically earn $3 an hour doing webshit. I want to die. Unironically.

god damn it, I'm 21 and I was making $7 per hour 'cus I still don't have a degree (our students' plan is 6 years long). Fuck my country.

Which country? Slovak here. I do more things than just tech.
>translate
>teach IT in elementary
>do sysadmin bullshit

It's a nice life in a small village. I could make twice as much money 2 miles down the road if I proposed to fix their shit.

What do you do?
Also, call around, many places are open to amateurs willing to learn.

Chile.

I was working as a full stack engineer but without a title. I feel that here the titles are overly overrated

I'm always lookinh forward to learn cs related things, so thanks for the advice!

£500 after tax. 1st year of uni starting in september but only 2nd month in on my first "real" job.
>guess my age

Just started at a pretty large data center as a managed services tech / sys admin for companies that pay for our service starting at $18.65 with lots of overtime if I want it.

I work on a small team managing multiple companies entire networks and whatnot.

It's extreme comfy. Also in Huntsville, AL so cost of living is cheap and opportunities are everywhere.

Life's good Jow Forums

Around $45k, network admin, military.
Excellent benefits. I'll be getting a raise to $72k at the end of the year.
I probably spend only 30 min a day doing actual work.

Work for an IT consultant.

I make 20 syrup tokens an hour (roughly $15USD)

I did some rock paper scissors in JavaScript when I was 12, but I guess I made something real for the first time at ~16

60k as an entry level web dev and about 800 a month in revenue off an app

That's a pretty comfy raise user. How long have you been working for the military to get to that pay schedule?

Sounds like a pretty successful app. Very impressive.

Canadian eh?

You a fucking Sig or ATIS?

$22/hr
t.summer intern

Slovakia is a fucking shithole except for Tatras

I do enjoy my job, yep.

$15 an hour programming game module systems on unity

once this project wraps up im back on the streets :)

$7500 American freedom dollars per month before tax. 25 years old living in the southeast. I feel like I've made it, anyone else know this feel?

I get paid 40000 a year (usd) doing backend development. About 3 years of experience now. I work at a company that builds it management software

None. Am an unemployed system engineer with 3 years of experience. Have a Sec+ and a CCENT, reviewing on the ICND2 now. My speciality is vmware and linux. People are always shocked when I tell them I'm unemployed and have been for a year and a half, but honestly I don't see where the jobs are......

Attached: 1503106366578.jpg (640x640, 122K)

jesus christ salaries are low

why would you work for dogshit?

800k take home

$67k in an intro soft eng position, and I want to fucking kill myself a month in

Anyone posting this stupid fucking reddit show should be ignored

Maybe tech is largely a meme outside of software engineering on the coasts? This was inevitable with tech automating itself, decades of H1B abuse getting worse and worse, and a metric fuckload of new STEM grads coming into the market.

I am 19 and work as an IT Support Consultant in San Francisco and make 50,000/year.

Because our options are dogshit or nothing. "Everywhere is looking for cs people" is a fucking meme, because everywhere is looking for "experienced" cs people

It's a meme even in the coasts. Companies only want experienced software engineers or web devs

I'm about to hit my 3 year mark in the USAF.
Much of the raise comes from the tax advantages I'll get being a uniformed member overseas.

'Mericlap my leafy friend

3D1X2 if you care to look up the USAF AFSC.

I make exactly $0 from tech, though I have master's in CS, I prefer distributing newspapers in the morning.

No jobs out there anymore

>I have no job and this thread makes me uncomfortable

I have no job and this thread makes me uncomfortable

>I don't see where the jobs are......
this, growing up everybody said computers were the future and was going to have the most jobs
but it seems to only apply to few cities around the US
living in a 50k pop city, I've never had the chance for a tech related job

as a freelance dev i can tell you lots of businesses will pay through the nose for good quality, custom solutions

I'd kill for 3k a month, 2k is more than enough for me to move out but i am a neet :(

>Almost 100k a year.
This.
7 years in the field.
t.Data Engineer.

I make $250,000k (you read that right) + bump stock options with tactical vesting writing ES11 Javascript and CSS3.5 for a progressive conservative web app platformer that helps migrants from North Africa both activate themselves politically in Germany and Sweden and auto-filling benefits applications.

>everywhere is looking for "experienced" cs people

Exactly this. This is reality hitting Jow Forums hard right now. Entry-level is done for, there is a FLOOD of people looking to get their "foot in the door". So naturally standards go up. You need a college degree in a specific discipline, you need to have produced software of some kind before. I have watched the standards to get started steadily rise for the past 5 years. It is getting to the point where it isn't worth it anymore. Too many people have shifted into tech already and are hitting the job market like a tidal wave every year, and the numbers just keep growing.

It's really just pure economics, supply and demand. Jow Forums just says "well git gud", and yes, duh, this is true. But eventually even the ones who have gotten gud will find their numbers so swelled that they will be fucked too.

"Experienced" people are next up in the firing line.

Most people here are young, so they're going to be working entry level technician/developer type.
Making $50k in a non meme city is plenty of cash for being in your 20's, and then after 8 or so years it's not hard to break into the management level where you'd be making $80k+.

What do you do for work and how much do you make?

From an economic standpoint there's a skill threshold where instead of having to work for someone else you can just develop your own shit. I think this is the ceiling to the experience bubble happening now.

Hell man I'm in the midwest in a half-dead rustbelt city of almost 3 mil. I don't want to move to....idk, NYC or Boston, but man there is nothing here except 6-month contracting hell.

$120k/year as a senior software engineer writing mainly python and react

This.
I'm a 40 y/o boomer. I make pretty good $$$, but I'm in with a big group of guys who came in during the ".com bubble."
Don't worry Zoomers, we'll all retire soon. Plus, very few people make $$ out of the gate. Gotta pay yr dues, just like anything else.

Attached: 4EA6CF71D8B3444C9BC77A9C5DD9550F.jpg (960x960, 106K)

I'd love to see that. After my last experience with the hiring process I'd love to see more of those fuckers get told to fuck off.

>You need a college degree in a specific discipline,
fuck, we are starting to see places list a masters as a req. I know its bullshit, theyre trying to weed people out, but still its only gonna increase standards anyway.

Which one is that, user?

~€3750 pre tax
~€2570 post tax
~€1600 saving

Attached: 1530709668973.png (844x944, 128K)

You're close, what you're describing is commonly called the "gig economy".

Traditional employment positions are on the decline, and work is shifting to a more "as-needed" basis. Think contracts.
IMO this isn't desirable because it is less steady income and more difficult to plan for the future, when the market suffers, you suffer hard.

It's a hobby on the side of my shop job.