Go from 12gb to 16gb of RAM

>go from 12gb to 16gb of RAM
>literally nothing changed
is RAM a meme? I don't do animation or video editing and the odd time I play vidya it never uses more than 8gb

Attached: shutterstock_182981177.jpg (480x270, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

downloadmoreram.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>I don't need the memory
>upgrades
>I don't need the memory

>"i bought more ram because idk lol im just so randum XD"
>"why isnt my computer magically better now????"
i don't care how little you play games, go sit in the /v/ corner with all the other shit eaters

I use
Intel Core 2 Duo T9600
2GB DDR3 RAM
160GB HDD
and all works fine.

actually the ram was free faggot

>is RAM a meme?
If you cannot know whether you need anymore, it is meme to you.

okay, doesn't change my point though

What did you expect would happen, user?

>IS RAM A MEEEM ECKX DĒE
The amount of brainlet in OP is off the charts.

Attached: 1530974028176.png (856x846, 85K)

>I don't need it so no one does

Attached: Untitled.png (199x66, 1K)

>Extra 4GB of RAM
>Don't see any changes

>he thinks having more RAM will make his system faster even when he isn't being bottlenecked by his RAM
LOOK, KIDS! A RETARD!

>more RAM=faster computer

user, are you alright?

It will be faster when you'll reach your previous 12GB limit, and, instead of using the HDD as RAM (the so called Virtual Memory), you'll have real RAM to use, hence the improvement.

Attached: Pastel_001.png (545x438, 268K)

I constantly hit over 12GB when using my computer.
Do you even multitask?

my core 2 duo 3gb ram laptop from 2008
runs out of ram regularly
even with i3, a couple browser tabs and some office program and it's toast

have 32 on my desktop nowadays
typically idle at about 3-4.
but since I use tmpfs and simetimes run VMs, I did run out of ram a couple times

i have 1 stick of 8GB DDR3 ram, AMA

He's talking about everyday tasks and gaming not stuff like video-editing and running servers.

>go from 500gb to 1tb of hdd space
>literally nothing changed

HEEY WATS DA BIG IDEA?

Attached: 1530076048429.png (200x300, 28K)

I have two 16gb sticks of ddr3 notebook ram I need to do something with. Came in this giant Asus laptop with another set of 4gb sticks. I thought it was strange. System only ever showed 28gb of ram, and It would only turn on like every 20 tries.

Sorry, it showed 24gb ram,

Still using 4gb, and I rarely reach 3gb. I seriously don't understand why people needs so much memory.

YOU ARE A FUCKING MEME

If you barely reach 3gb then you're wither a phone poster or don't fucking do shit on your desktop.

I'll never understand why some little idiot that only browses facebook and maybe uses a text editor brags about using hardly any memory. Like no shit you stay under 4GB you retard.

Its a "op figures out that different people use different amounts of ram depending what they use their computer for" episode

Does it show 32 when you take the 4gb sticks out? If not then its some weird arbitrary proprietary limit put on the mobo.

lol I see this is a passionate subject for you. didn't mean to make you upset

OP getting recked in this thread

>my core 2 duo 3gb ram laptop from 2008
>runs out of ram regularly
Really? I have X60s with 3GB ram and I can have tons of tabs open including youtube with no problem

Thats because you need to buy a second DVD-RW drive to boost your gaming performance.

Literally will double the amount of data throughput. Gaming gains are insane.

AMD K6-2
128MB SDRAM
15GB HDD

no problems
fite me m8

yeah, its a meme. Why dont you give it to me, I'll get rid of it for you

well, according to general consensus 8 gigs seems to be the Jow Forumsentoomen standard as it ensures the Jow Forumsentooman retains a comfy feel performing his computational rituals while also simultaneously not being needlessly labeled a ramlet or a ramcuck. I mean if you're going to have VS code, discordshit , gimp, virtualbox and firecuck with 99 tabs open all at the same time you had better got at least 8 gigs of RAM

Dual Core N2830 here...
No prob here, you've misconfigured something I guess.

Attached: wut ?.png (1045x481, 153K)

Servers barely take half a giga

Hehe

You seems really obsessed with cuckoldry.

>He's talking about everyday tasks
guess what
everyone's tasks are different

>user, are you alright?
It's more or less correct in case of using modern OS with huge disk cache and accessing lots of data on HDD daily.

>memory usage for programs keep increasing
>RAM capacities staying the same while prices keep rising
When will this ride end?

>everyone's tasks are different
if you use that much ram you probably know what you're doing unlike op

I definitely need 16Gb, but then i do more than just use facebook. having Unity+3DStudio+Vsual Studio and like 20-30 chrome tabs uses a lot.

tl;dr depends what u do

You forgot to download it OP

downloadmoreram.com/

Anything over 4gb or 8gb max is a meme unless you use something that specifically needs it and there's no alternatives, stop using shitty apps and browsers, disable useless programs that just sit in the background.

t. bloatware user

Attached: 1532903242638.jpg (640x1190, 713K)

based and redpilled

reverse swording was an actual thing considering the entire weight was in the handle and swords werent even sharp

I play a game called Rust, and it uses 7-10GB of memory.

>stop using shitty apps

Video game*

Stop supporting shitty gamedevs then.

Future left 8GB years ago, gramps. 16GB of memory is about $120, get with the times you NEET.

Yes, 8GB of ram is STILL completely fine and acceptable, you fell for the jew scheme.

fucken fpbp

OP is rarted and somehow other are keeping this thread alive, where are the FUCKING mods

You should have bought RGB gaming RAM, idiot.

What RAM has the best precision and power? I want sniper RAM.

Everything above 4GB is a meme amount of RAM.

Not if you multitask or do real work. Clearly OP doesn't, but still.

>2GB DDR3 RAM
>and all works fine.
it all depends on what you do.
with Vivado I need at least 16GB for my designs.

>is RAM a meme?
that's like renting an entire hotel, while living alone, and complaining that hotels are useless...
ofc, if you don't need it, it's useless.

Unless you are running maasive programs, vido editting, games, etc. 8 gb should be good, anything above wont make your life any better. What will produce visible results is the speed of the ram

You need at least 512GB

The only reason anything would change is if you were swapping before, which you clearly weren't.

How do I upgrade VRAM??????????

I put in 8 GB RAM and have 1GB VRAM

>current tasks do not exhaust available memory
>buys more memory
>surprised nothing has changed

16GB, huh? lemme see what i can do about that.

Attached: chromelogo.0.0.jpg (1200x800, 27K)

>trying to read 30GB netCDF file into memory for faster slicing
>MemoryError

That's why you need RAM.

I wonder why people are masochists like you in the year of 2018. Nowadays you often get old RAM gifted. You could upgrade to 4 GB for maybe 5 €. 4 GB should be in any office machine.

The average Joe will never need more that 6 gigs

Are you a Linux user? Windows needs at least 8GB for basic non-slow usage.

You'll notice the difference if you have 20+ tabs open, 1 vm and another 10 tabs opened on the other browser

I got 32GB in my desktop computer. Honestly don't need that much, right now I'm using 3.30GB. But at the time it was cheap and my board supported it so I was like "why not" Glad I did with what ram prices are now. Plus I never have to worry about "low ram" holding the system back. Now my one of my servers is another story, it only has 8GB and another 8 or even 16GB would not hurt it any. Right now it's kinda hurting for ram cause it's running the server os + a VM so the ram is kinda split between them. Got 16GB DDR3 sitting in the closet (bought it cheap like 2 yrs ago), just waiting for a hdd to die first so I can do it all in one go.

Could take the extra ram and create a ram disk. Back in the day this was seen as a fast way to load common used data. Kinda a precursor to SSD's. Only draw back is that if computer shutdown or power failed, whatever was on the drive is gone. But for just a temp data dumping ground it's still useful

17thpbp

Attached: dying.jpg (640x427, 36K)

i mean if all you're doing is gaymen, no you probably won't notice a change. Realistically no one uses more than 8gb. The only reason i use 16gb is because my pc came with it, and i plan on moving 8 of it to another rig when i get it up and running.

Normies would use that much if they had it with all the malware and toolbars they install

here's your (you)

firefucks uses infinitely more ram than chrome user

It sounds like you need more virtual machines, friend. Or more browser tabs.

>64K is more than you'll ever need!

heh, good point