Doxxing

Does it scare anyone how easy it is to dox? Googling one of my usernames reveals embarrassing forum accounts which leads to emails. Googling some of my emails reveals even more.

Attached: 05405EFF-6236-4A63-B310-04FB5FA61669.jpg (424x426, 19K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1DCKXme4vDw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Makes me glad I have a cookie-cutter name that is shared by thousands of other dudes, including a couple celebrities, so no one could possibly find me through Google.

Get a different handle?

>he doesn't have seperate email address for sensitive subjects
Your loss.

What

Dox yourself by making your info as public as possible so it's no fun for others

Delete your (Unused) accounts.
Never use real information retard.
Use a different handle/nickname/username for each Website you register.
Etc.

>she doesn't use different emails for every service

What a gay fetish.

I find it hilarious that Jow Forums(with few exeptions) doesn't do the doxxing anymore its the normies who dox each other now.
Its amazing.

Kareem Abdul Jabar

Should have listened to D.A.R.E. if not about the drugs, at least about strangers.

All of these retards using discord can be doxxed rather effortlessly.

Jow Forums is not an entity

This. Post your nudes you faggot.

Kill yourself Pajeet.

It is alarmingly easy to dox people, but I'm not really concerned because I have always had good security practices.
If you have had poor security practices in the past that lead back to you, you should change all your email addresses and usernames.
If you don't want to do that, just don't piss anyone off. People don't dox others at random, they dox them because either you have pissed them off or because you have conflicting political ideologies that you are public about. Just don't piss anyone off and keep your contraversial opinions away from accounts that can be linked to you and you'll be fine.

I doxed myself. Post pictures of my dick everywhere and constantly call myself a retard.

If you self-own nobody can own you. Basically just stop being a pussy.

It's 2018 and you still haven't anti-doxxed yourself.
Oh what's it matter, american living address info is public.

Nothing will ever lead to my real name. Best you'll get is my country.

tfw googling my email I use for real life stuff reveals my name, birth date, address, phone number, and even relationship status.

th-thanks sweden

I haven't done a google search of my name since around 2006. I'm honestly afraid of doing one now.

>Olamilekan Umbongo
>2nd Aug 2004
>Mummy's house
>31 71 05 65 71 00
>Single

How did I do?

close enough to find me

mine gives me my github page first of all, which i guess is comforting since i have actual work there, nothing dodgy

Why would you put your name on anything on the internet that isn't related to work? I've been using garbage names and junk emails for everything since I started using the internet

That's pathetic, user. All you can do is delete what you can and don't use the same names anybody + use a different name for every new site

Literally no one in the world has my name.
It is extremely rare. My last name is exclusive to my family (super duper fucking rare, holy shit) and then my first name is just uncommon.

I had a username once that traced back to a forum with a lot of terrible shit I posted. When that forum closed for good I was so fucking happy. Can't even Google it anymore. Never doing that again.

that's why you should be always suspicious about any external sties or communities posted on Jow Forums.
for example you could lure someone into a discord server, and when you can't get the IP (I believe it's still possible to obtain it for some dumb reason), the username is sometimes enough to get sensitive information

Drugs Are Really Epic?

Google search of my name plus my country comes up with a murderer with the same age as me. I'm pretty sure he's the only other one with my name in my country too.

>tfw your stepmother uploads a photo of you surfing 4jinks on facebook

Attached: images.jpg (255x197, 10K)

Yeah but how. You can't know what email they used to register their account, and most will use some stupid name

Ayyy
Post it user.

Just hope that you'll stay a nobody for the rest of your life so nobody has any reason do dig your old shit up

This desu.

hahahahahaha

Post it dude.

Pajeet

>using 1 username for more than 1 year. OMEGALUL.
I play POE, i need to come up with cool names every month or so. Also have only 1 fb and google account with real name. Everything else gets recycled like 1 time per year.

>have rare east-european last name that is shared by maybe 1,000 other people on the whole planet
>never use my real name for anything
>don't have a facebook, linkedin, twitter, etc anything - and never have, either
>googling my name yields 0 results

Attached: 1530221788232.jpg (823x823, 129K)

If anyone found out my real name they could easily find my address because voter registration information is public in my state for some fucking reason

neets can't be doxxed
only redditors can be doxxed and they deserve to be for larping as things they're not

Attached: 1530748258055.jpg (800x333, 43K)

>trying your real name to any online identities
are you fucking retarded, a normie, an old fuck or all of the above?

This, it's fucking retarded.
On one of the services I "opted out" but it just hid the house number.

Once met a retard who claimed that he wasn’t afraid of d0xing because “everyone has embarassing shit from when they were a teen online”, and he believed that you needed special, expensive subscriptions or security clearances to look up proof that someone has been convicted of a crime. Literally did not believe me when I showed him press releases on the official DoJ website, saying they were “fake”.

>people like this actually have degrees and tech/science/research jobs

fuck, tell me about it

>people like this actually have degrees and tech/science/research jobs
you'd be surprised how retarded the average med student is

Literally told me nobody would be shocked and he wouldn't mind if cringy teenage shit from his past were attached to his name because everyone has embarrassing shit from when they were younger.

And if course I got hit with the typical normie line "...if you've done nothing wrong you have nothing to hide..."

Half of what we call "intelligence" has to do with personality and character traits like humility, patience, diligence, curiosity, and willingness to learn. But don't ever tell STEM-fags this.

I've been doxxed badly before I learned my lesson, and the bullying was relentless, several people joined in and it took 2 years before it finally stopped.
It would flare up again every now and then with fake accounts trying to lure people into adding me thinking it's me, to then try and get my information.
It spread to harassing my girlfriend, following her into games and then harassing her through the mic, and eventually DDOS'Ing her internet for 30+ hours.
Then to sending my friends and family things, and passing it off as if I said them, or trying to follow me into Facebook pages and commenting on my posts.

It's horrible, you feel weak and helpless, and all you can do is leave such a small footprint on the internet that they'll eventually get bored.
The thing that still makes me nauseous is the many attempts to gain my passwords and having my mailbox flooded.
Not to mention the embarassment of having to tell my family what was going on.

You should under no circumstances give people you talk to online your info, even good friendships can devolve into months and months of retaliation.
The place you really want to secure is Facebook, turn off your friends list to only visible to you, remove your last name, make your posts invisible, and don't make googling your name lead to your Facebook.
Google your name yourself, see what pops up and make sure there's no harmful information.
If you use websites to talk about things, such.ad Twitter, check if you've accidentally photographed something that might lead to your location or maybe said something that lets people know your location.
Never use the same handle as well as the same password, and if you feel passwords have been too compromised, make a new one and don't hand it out to anyone.
Best bet is to clean house and to begin anew with a cautious mindset.

Attached: 1522123495563.jpg (651x750, 53K)

I don't know what's dumber: thinking that other people would be empathetic after reading a takedown/character assassination article, or that the DoJ .gov site is all fake.

>Does it scare anyone how easy it is to dox?
no because I dont post retarded shit on the internet

University I work for has a yearly cybersecurity training. Beyond telling people not to use the same password for multiple sites, they also suggested that people use a password manager, and that it was perfectly legal to write false answers for security questions (and that you should use your password manager to keep track).

>people actually had to be told this

This. Don't make yourself a target. Or at least when you do post retarded shit on the internet make sure you use a throwaway email and to expose your personal information.

Problem is what was non-controversial or slightly less controversial a decade ago is now problematic today. If your content has been around for that long you might be SOL.

But in that sense aren't you just becoming the mega-pussy?

>be me that new type of wojak with the energy drink that is kinda old
>have never used my real name online, always behind monikers/usernames
>something happens in 2012
>go into coma
>wake up
>see people (Sarah Jeong) shitposting racistly behind her real name
I just don't know what happened, people just don't care about privacy anymore I guess.

Attached: youtube name.jpg (1436x674, 218K)

>my last name is exclusive to my family

Fuck you are stupid

People on the internet 10 years ago were a lot more mean than they are now

in the same boat except my old gaming username reveals some snapworthy shit

>make personal information public
>people now know some shit about me; how does this habben?

damn that sounds horrible, must have been a nightmare
I was scared of that as well, my old friend circle found much joy from stalking doxing and harrasing people online, people doing these kinds of things are either sociopaths or lonely assholes who want to gain control over somebody

Post it

>he

My sister took a picture of me when I was gaming with our cat on my lap wearing my headset. My mom got a hold of the picture then uploaded it to Facebook.
Everyone thought I was a DJ lol

you just associate "meanness" with foul language. nowadays everything is filtered by automatic anti-trolling algorithms so you don't see it anymore. but believe me, there are lot more and lot worse ways of being a cunt than just calling someone a nigger online.

Cool so post the pic nigger

I'm not that other guy, and no. Fuck you.

I made it up. You were supposed to make up similar unlikely stuff.

spbt
Every time

I use the name of a popular creepy pasta for my user name. You find nothing but garbage if you search it.

Second Post Best What?

Fuck you are wordy. Don't be a retard.

This.

It is just as much as a government is. Yeah, I realize how silly this sounds, but think about it for a second.

>Never use real name on internet
>Use Amazon gift cards so I don't have to input credit info
>Use drop shipper so if account is hacked they don't get my address
>Literally use the name Jimmy Rustles as my ship to name
>Email used on each site is unique so the only info found on it is updates for that site
>Watch my power level on political or controversial thoughts
>Don't upload images of myself online
>Used to when I was younger like everyone else, grew out of it
>Don't get family pictures taken or trust anyone to take my picture since the invention of Myspace/Facebook
>Literally hid from family photo during last chance to see my grandfather because I knew one of those fuckers would upload it to Facehook
>Nobody even realized I wasn't in the picture
>Keep phone number as private as possible
>Don't answer unknown phone numbers
>Ask employers etc. to tell me what number to expect their calls from so I can put them in my address book
>Fuck Steam Apple and Microsoft
>Fuck Reddit
>Fuck most tech companies in general
>Fuck banks too
>Would never use welfare even if I dead serious actually needed it
>SSN is locked in a safe where it belongs
>Use proxy and VPN when available
>Use seedbox hosted in Netherlands when torrenting
>Use SSH tunnel for that too
>Not a fan of things like PSN or Xboxlive
>Usually keep up to date to know what the latest security exploits are
>mfw I see my family and I just want to sit down and talk with them like old times but more often they have their faces buried in a phone screen
>No webcams
>No microphones
>Fuck "Smart" devices in general
>Computer is security hardened
>Don't vote because it hardly matters
>mfw this is what people call freedom

Don't tell me the brave new world is coming. It's been here.

Attached: 1531268940682.jpg (800x800, 82K)

idk what the fuck you guys are doing with your information
none of my e-mails, usernames etc. gives out any information when googled or fed one of these background information websites

Luke Wilson?

I take it you're a pedophile or terrorist

so smart yet you'll always be a virgin :(

OH NO. People impersonated you! Are your friends and relatives completely retarded? I'm the dude that doxed myself and I wouldn't say it's "life ruining". Want to know a neat trick? Learn how to laugh at yourself.
People adding you on Facebook to call you a retarded faggot isn't that big of a deal. People creating fake accounts with your information? Not that big of a deal even if they're making you out to be a pedophile or whatever. Harassing your girlfriend? I don't know... tell her not to engage with strangers if she's that sensitive? DDoS? OH MY... you literally just have to go into your router and change your IP. Maybe use a fucking VPN?
Many attempts to gain your passwords? Set 50 character+ passwords, use a new email for every service you sign up for, enable 2 factor authentication & have the number the codes are sent to be a Google voice number that you associated with a pre-paid SIM.

I went through a while back searching everything I could think of to do with my name and any alias I'd used online. Found a couple of old accounts (including a MySpace account) that revealed some info and purged them all. There's nothing to be found about me via searching now. Never even had a Facebook account, other than one in the name of an anime character that I use to grab coupons and things from there.

Let's see.... what are some other things to worry about...
SWATTING? Uh, not that big of a deal. Most police departments will call you in advance and knock before breaching the door. All they do is walk through the house to check things out then they leave.
Firetrucks? Eventually the fire department will start calling your neighbors to verify that there's a fire.
Drugs being sent in the mail? No big deal. Just notify authorities every time you receive a suspicious package.
Identity theft? Don't have any credit, don't rely on credit.
Gravel being dumped in your yard? Doesn't fucking matter. Just a minor inconvenience. Just let it sit there.

Don't worry, no one cares about you enough to ruin you

>I don't have any personal responsibilities and still live with my parents

Same reason I don't let anyone know my political affiliations, hide my powerlevel related to anything and pretty much don't let others know my hobbies. You can't predict the future. You don't know what will be considered socially acceptable in the future. The only people who need to know the real you are your family and your closest friends.

I doubt anybody foresaw social justice warriors and now people are getting fired for shit they said 30 years ago like Paula Deen because of outrage culture. I don't need to be targeted for my hobbies because some basement dwelling Bernie Bro thinks justice needs to rain down on me and I don't need to worry about my personal information being exploited or used for identity theft because some script kiddie thinks he's "taking back the scene" by popping some .gov domain with the security of a paper safe.

I still get to do what I want, I'm just not so open about it as I'd like to be. There's fucking thought police everywhere these days and sadly there's no laws that prevent them from ruining your life because they're jaded manchildren. I just find it easier to stick to my family and closest friends. They're they only ones that matter in this world and even they have some boundaries. It feels lonely, but you're never really alone in the first place. It's all about killing ego. It doesn't do you any favours.

Attached: 1533000183365.png (911x585, 781K)

I got naked and fought a cop on MXE when I was younger, you're fine. I had to change my name because it made a lot of those "weird news" websites that crawl local newspapers for amusing arrests.

If you look up my username it's been mentioned in like 10 news sites because I started a fairly decent sized internet conspiracy theory that turned out to be sorta true.
You'll also find some cringy shit from my childhood so I haven't used it online for like 3 years.

Titties

This.

youtube.com/watch?v=1DCKXme4vDw ?

which conspiracy?

If I told you you'd find out who I was in a few minutes at most.

I'm glad I have a generic name that has a million results in Google when entered in quotes.

A few months back, I got insanely paranoid about this, so I went through all of my old online accounts and chat services and deleted everything. Thankfully, my online presence wasn't really that bad, apart from an old forum account I used to have. Even then, most of my posts were dumb babby shit from when I was a kid, so I probably could have left it all alone, but just to be safe I contacted the admin and he was cool and deleted everything. Felt kind of like I was erasing some personal history, but oh well, I did save copies of it all.

The much bigger problem was chat services, but even those weren't too bad. Steam and Skype are pretty good about not preserving your chatlogs, but Discord is an enormous nigger about it--you have to use extremely slow, janky, unreliable scripts to delete your chat history, and I'm pretty sure you're fucked if your chatlogs are in a group chat.

The only botnet shit I still have is my Youtube account, and unfortunately, Discord (due to everybody I know using it), but I'm really trying to come up with a viable alternative or solution that preserves my privacy and isn't a gaymur piece of shit.

I think I deleted my Facebook account, or maybe I disabled? It waa ten years ago, but I can't search for my name and find myself there anymore, so I suppose I'm fine?

There's been something bothering me though and it's Twitter. When I was a kid, I made an account with my real name and I forgot the password to the account and the email account no longer exists, but Twitter refuses to delete my account. In fact, they probably tricked me to keep a photo of my ID card which they demanded from me. They claimed it wasn't enough to prove that account belonged to me, even though nobody in my country has a similar name.

What's even worse is that I live in a EU country and GDPR should help me, but nit a single agency wants to helo me. Fuck this fucking shithole.

Moral of the story? Don't use social media.

don't do stupid shit under unique usernames

Do you think 12 year old me knew that?

oh fuck i forgot it was summer user