/hpg/ - Headphone General

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Headphone Guide: canpicker.com/

Previous thread

Attached: fbc7145c60562e40e79b02c2e4e54569.jpg (1010x1500, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

canpicker.com/
amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-closed-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B000F4KWQI?th=1
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/takstar-pro-82/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>canpicker.com/

as much as i'm aware that Jow Forums mods are bipolar autistic manchildren with constant tantrums, why the fuck haven't they banned your ass for shilling amazon referrals yet?

>scampicker

ask ur mom

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?

Attached: 1515047329120.png (1280x721, 1.07M)

A: canpicker is composed of headphone descriptions given by Anons from the /hpg/ who atually own them. You have to be quite the newfag not to know that.
B:You don't have to buy from it. Idiot.

Lol you fucking idiot. First, you are advertising your website, that's one global rule that you've broken. Second, each and every product on your website leads to your Amazon referral, that's also another global rule that you have violated.

Get the fuck out, you dumb nigger.

It also hasn't been updated in months and includes deprecated headphones like the elear and doesn't include stax or anything that this kike can't make money off of because it's not on Amazon.

Shut the fuck up you retarded nigger. You are a known samefag on Jow Forums, you keep hijacking generals on Jow Forums to forcefully advertise your website. When somebody removes your website and makes a new general, you throw a fit and start another general and try to get everyone to move over to your general. It's so funny that you are trying to justify your blatant shilling and advertising because one product on your website has been deprecated and removed from Amazon when there are 1000+ products with your referral on it. Like I said before, get the fuck out you nigger.

stax

Responded to the wrong post nigger

>doesn't include stax
Oh, i see, It doesn't suggests your own personal shilling option, now it makes sense.

Attached: Audio_G.jpg (1617x723, 698K)

>shilling
Incorrect, I don't get paid in affiliate links. You on the other hand, are absolutely a piece of shit nigger shill.

I want to lick her feet.

WILLIAM THE SON OF SCHIIT SHILL HAS BEEN CURSED

BUY SCHIIT

Attached: deruntermensch.jpg (613x595, 352K)

I asked this in the last thread, but got no replies, so here goes again.
I've been looking for new headphones, and after doing some research, I've narrowed it down to:
>AKG K52
>Sennheiser HD206
Which should I get? Been leaning towards the K52s because they're slightly cheaper in my country. Are they any good?

Attached: drpump.jpg (675x959, 76K)

wanna upgrade my hd600+nfb-11.18
get a better amp or stax L700+srm353x?

Attached: 1522651746428.gif (250x201, 104K)

Well considering amps pretty much all sound the same, I'd say STAX.

you are already at amp pinnacle
only stax.

Stax, clearly.
>amps, dacs
Make little to no difference. Particularly, if it's already transparent it won't get any more transparent (by definition).
Different headphones, on the other hand, will sound different.

no trash phones allowed

amp will do literally nothing while stax are the best headphones in existence

I'm looking for some headphones I can take on the go and use at home. I don't care to kick some money into it, but I'd rather not buy two separate pairs.

Is the Bose QC35 series II a good pair for that?

I'm replacing my Beyerdynamic DT880s at the house and some bluebirds on the go.
Both have shit the bed right around the same time, cause I've had the for ever and fucking day.

Attached: 13bose-quietcomfort-35-ii.jpg (830x467, 60K)

What is the catch to the Takstar 82's? They seem too good/cheap to be true.

>I can take on the go and use at home.
Bad idea. Headphones are either for use at home/office or on the go. Different sets of compromises.
>used to have dt880
Get something more durable and that has a some sort of support plan this time. HD600 is suggested, as it's the good, tried solution and is modular and has wide availability of parts should you need them in a decade or two.

What about them is too good to be true? They're just a nice sounding affordable headphone.

Boses are fine, I'd also look at the B&W PX for better sound and build.

If I'm using them largely for noise isolation, would I be better off getting the DT770s? Also, is the general opinion to get the grey/soft cups instead of the black leather?

Your amp is already good enough to squeeze 99% of SQ out of HD600. If you want better sound out of them, you need something like some ridiculously expensive Eddie Current tube amp, and at that point you could just buy a much, much better electrostat rig for lesser amount of money.

Seriously, don’t fall for the amp meme: sure, you gotta have an amp that drives your headphones well, but that’s it, there’s no point in ”super amps” unless you’re filthy rich. You always get more value for your money if you just get better headphones.

>tfw too stupid and inexperienced to use and set up amps/mixers

There's a DT770 specially made for drummers that has better isolation that you may want to check out. The normal 770 has velour pads which aren't great for isolation.

There’s something special about those SBAF faggots who buy $3000 EC amps for their $350 Sennheiser HD650’s. I get that some people really like 650’s sound signature and can’t find a similar enough upgrade to it, but really, come on.

I've heard those have really high clampforce, so I'd probably go for the normal 770s.

amazon.com/Beyerdynamic-770-closed-Monitoring-Headphones/dp/B000F4KWQI?th=1

How about electrostatic amp
I can get a new srm353x or used 727II but have to wait a bit.

Do these require an amp?

We must lift this poor boys curse guys.

We don't reply cause those phones aren't in our autistic recommended list.

Why do you want these two?

I don't think the earpads are replaceable.

Stop shilling DT770s guys.

You either go takstar for the value or HD600 because those look cool.

>double the price of the 770s

then you go takstar.

Takstar do not have a good seal or isolation. I don't love their cups either. HD600s are expensive and inaccessible to most people for one of their first purchases. Plus that marbling looks like shit.

Plus 770s are for iso and the 660's are not. Are you seriously fucking retarded?

My little brother has those. He's too fucked up to ask for his opinion on those. He doesn't know shit about audio anyway.

He said he could still hear me being autistic around the house but he does have a pretty long and consistent history of lying so make of that what you will.

Takstar will suffice for noise isolation.

Get the hell out of here chinaman.

>suggesting pic related
Disgusting.

Attached: fr-black-1.png (614x354, 36K)

DT770 shill can't handle takstar superiority how pathetic

Attached: 1529159673266.png (771x731, 916K)

That's the HD600 right?

If it's supposed to be the takstar please link source.

Fuck it I'll order the takstars, they're 100 cheaper than the 770s and I'm a pleb so it won't be as big of a deal.

I hope you jews didn't steer me wrong and they are decentish at isolation

Pic related is the HD600.
Takstar measurements came from:
diyaudioheaven.wordpress.com/headphones/measurements/takstar-pro-82/

Attached: HD600 Measurement.png (711x393, 40K)

Why do you guys buy products that are meant to be used in professional studios? Most (if not all) of the headphones discussed here have a flat frequency response because they are meant for and mixing (Dt770 are used worldwide for recording),while you guys don't play any instrument or listen exclusively to anime ost. Why don't just buy an hi-fi speaker instead? It's much cheaper and way more comfortable to listen music with. Leave professional products to professionals.

Check out the Status CB-1 before you order the Takstars. I love my pair and they've held up for over 2 years now.
I also have the DT770 and if you have the money I'd go for those, a different class than the others mentioned.

You need sound isolation?
Like serious sound isolation or like around the house sound isolation. For the latter these'll be fine.

You'll get a case too.

The 82 measurements differ from my sources which I linked in the previous thread.

I said HD600 for looks. I don't see a lot wrong with the HD600 measurements though.

How good are the 770s at isolation? Which ohm/cup version did you get?

>Not having speakers and a headphone setup
Also, you should never exclusively mix on headphones.
Besides, with speakers you have to worry about positioning and treating your room so it doesn't sound like garbage. Headphones don't have that limitation.

>measurements differ from my sources
Which futher shows seal issues.

Decently strong isolation. My partner snores pretty loud. Other than that I don't need isolation that badly and the #2 trait I'd want is comfort/not a super high clamp. I have a bigish head.

I'm autistic and I EQed my IEMs to absolute flatness. But I don't see anything wrong with recommending neutral headphones other then the fact they barely have bass.

better build than dt770 simply for having a detachable cable

Reminder: Advertising (all forms) is not welcome. This includes any type of referral linking, "offers", soliciting, begging, stream threads, etc.