Can I learn programming through the browser?

Can I learn programming through the browser?

I want to learn programming (python?) while I have downtime at my work. Only problem is the desktop I am using isn't that great. Core 2 Duo E6550, 2gb ram, slow and old HDD.

Does anyone have good resources where I can learn from the browser?

Attached: 1116991_1.jpg (1024x768, 587K)

Other urls found in this thread:

interactivepython.org/courselib/static/thinkcspy/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

oh surely there was nobody learning python 10 years ago!

try repl.it guy, it has like all the python libraries too
replit also has many other languages you can run.

i used codecademy to get started initially, but i honestly wouldn't recommend it because of how bloated the site's become. rather get a good book on python and play around with a browser interpreter if you're unable to get one locally

>Only problem is the desktop I am using isn't that great.
You dumb motherfucker, a bloated web browser will use up way more resources that just getting the goddamn interpreter. If you're really that concerned just install a minimalist GNU/Linux or BSD and learn from that.

You can learn programming on a fucking pentium pro.
Might take some time to compile, but you should be fine.

>set up ssh on your home computer
>connect to it and do whatever you want

was thinking of doing this.

any good RDP clients?

Windows Remote Desktop

>rather get a good book on python
like what?

whats the difference between this and c9.io

freeRDP

I never considered doing this but I really should. I assume freeRDP is the best client on something like Debian?
If not, feel free to provide some suggestions.

>python
>compile

Python compiles to bytecode that runs on the Python vm in real time. That’s what those .pyc files are.

NEET detected

What are some good resources to learn how python really works under the hood?

You probably shouldn't learn programming if you can't even use google.

since i learned on codecademy i can't honestly give one, my recommendation of books comes from my time with C&H learning C. the book i've been looking at is "Python Programming for the Absolute Beginner" by Michael Dawson. seems like a fun book to go through and you mess around with a lot of fun projects in it

>boohoo my computer sucks
doesn't matter
you will never do anything computationally intensive
if you are, it means you are doing something wrong.

read this and do all the exercises
interactivepython.org/courselib/static/thinkcspy/index.html
enjoy fagtron

I wouldn't say that. I took a statistical thermodynamics paper where we used python to make simulations of thousands of particles with pretty small timesteps. Took hours.

You could learn python on a toaster if you really wanted to. The only reason you wouldn't be able to on your work pc is if they restrict you from installing python on it. That being said you could rent a server instance and ssh into it or use one of many online ide services.

wew lad