Windows is far better than Linux for any non-server task

Windows is far better than Linux for any non-server task

Attached: 1533233932743.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

Yeah. Don't let these lonely sand garden autists tell you otherwise

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Attached: 1412732732844.jpg (2700x1801, 1.15M)

And if you dont breath you die, so?
Great post, how about telling us something we dont know?

I have no argument against it.
You win, OP.

Attached: wtf_am_i_reading.png (225x300, 27K)

>OP close browser windows to prevent the absolute ass fucking he's going to receive because of the truth.

Bitch can't handle shit.

True, Windows is far better at spying on you.

Really, what's the point of shilling against an operating system that has roughly 2% market share? Are they really that scared over it?

Please see

The fox and the grapes user

Attached: 1533166936231.jpg (524x489, 55K)

Fact: 4chin is full of shitposts designed to incite comments.

It really depends. I find in my highly customized arch install im far more productive than I could be on windows. Linux simply allows more control over your system, so you can customize it to your needs.

*suddenly crashes*

enjoy your
>forced updates
>random crashes
>slow startup time
>telemetry
>unremovable bloatware and ads
>lack of a package manager

but yeah, windows is great.

Attached: a7a6291ef59fb4b8.png (511x564, 167K)

FALSE

if you avoid breathing eventually your brain will force you to do so

>b-but muh games!
90% of games can be played either with
>official ports
>WINE
>other passthrough methods

Congratulations, you figured out the secret. Noone cares what OS you use as long as you get the job done. As long as you can do it. The only reason Jow Forums is such a hotbed for linux and obscure distros is so they feel content with their sad lives on a site they spend all day on.

Fact: 95% of what is relevant in the modern world is happening server side

>forced updates
can be scheduled
>random crashes
never happened to me
>slow startup time
win7 was slower
>telemetry
can be disabled
>unremovable bloatware and ads
bloatware can be removed, I've never seen an ad
>lack of a package manager
microsoft store

literally the only advantage of linux is security.

Mac*

>Macshit

>still having to deal with updates that take at least an hour to complete, not being able to use your computer at all in the meantime
>telemetry is put back on every update, with even more being added
>how's that xbox live application?
>microsoft store
>package manager
lol

Attached: aHR0cHM6Ly9ncy5zbXVnbG8ubGkvZmlsZS83M2Y2NzkxM2Y1ZGQ3M2JhYzg3NzFkYjM3OTVjNDdiYTEyOWFkZWQ2ODA3NDY1ZTJj (655x608, 310K)

That's not how that works. Fox and the grapes only works when one of the two isn't accessible. Since Windows is so accessible that it's actually difficult to avoid contact with it, and Linux is free to download with quite a few easy to install distributions, neither one of them are inaccessible. You'd need to be talking about something like macOS vs Windows/Linux where those who can't afford to buy a Mac or build a hackintosh can't reach the delicious apples and content themselves with the sour grapes of Windows/Linux, claiming they taste better than those stupid apples anyway.

It's the equivalent of young children picking on someone they like instead of showing their genuine affection.

Enjoy your telementry botnet

Hey OP, I bought a ps4 controller.

It works without any sort of config when I plug it into my linux.
It doesn't work at all on windows. I have to download some odd software I never heard of.

Windows (Win7 to be more specific) is better than linux at being a desktop computing OS.
On the other many, many, many tasks linux is better, not just as server, but at embedded and specific tasks in general.

>implying you can have any security at all a winshit workstation
There's a reason why secure workstations are sold loaded with Linux or Unix, not micropenis shitblows. I work for a US government sub contractor and Windows is outright banned on our campus. They did it right after Google decided to ban it on their campus. Windows is literal malware.

Attached: 1532503531599.png (625x773, 143K)

>>forced updates
>can be scheduled
They can be scheduled on Loonix too. It's called cron.
The big issue people have with forced updates though is not the fact that they happen, but the fact that they almost always require a restart or interrupt a person's activities. In GNU/Linux systems, they rarely require a restart or interrupt you at all.
>>slow startup time
>win7 was slower
Yeah and GNU/Linux has been and continues to be faster than either of them.
>>telemetry
>can be disabled
Opt-in should always be preferred to Opt-out. Always.
>>lack of a package manager
>microsoft store
MY FUCKING SIDES

>literally the only advantage of linux is security.
oh yeah, just that little minor thing...

Attached: gnu-vs-linux_orig.jpg (758x435, 38K)

correction: only when you pirate it

Jesus, if OP was actually here and didn't run away like the simpering worm he is then his asshole would be bleeding profusely.

microsoft store?
yeah..
gee, I wonder why there's always money involved

Windows is better for server tasks too

>>>>>>>>>MICROSOFT STORE
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

>replying to bait