pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Where to Buy:
pastebin.com/8Yku80VL (embed)
>FAQs:
pastebin.com/M5w7QtKp (embed)
>Use the buyer's template
pastebin.com/33S1gVkG (embed)
>Group Buys
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1nl3D0wIqf3tU43bu0mc0LSkxeh2CxGrchr_OViEjZ4c/htmlview
massdrop.com/
>Keyboard wiki
deskthority.net/wiki/Main_Page
>Keyset wiki
keypuller.com (web.archive.org/web/20161101152119/http://keypuller.com/)

last thread:

Attached: colorful_vibrator_keyboard_2017-03-04_92839-s.jpg (1210x680, 139K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gx9gO7AHjB4
youtube.com/watch?v=qBeyKlUjuhQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y&t=94s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>that fucking foto again

Attached: rarepepe.jpg (896x921, 59K)

Jow Forums is a Jow Forumsay board

I asked for a romantic haiku to be written for me in my Pimp My Keyboard order. They did not disappoint.

What the hell is the point of these extremely tiny keyboards? I've seen typewriters that have more keys.

Fags ruin everything. Someone make a new thread without the retarded OP image.

what is that toy on top of the keyboard?

>Fags ruin everything.
meanies ruin everything
It's a Magic Wand vibrator

having everything closer together is both better for ergonomics and actually makes typing faster because you don't need to move your hands so much. the keys you're missing are easily accessible over function layers

>having everything closer together is both better for ergonomics and actually makes typing faster

I get that, but doesn't a 60% board or even a TKL accomplish the same thing? This one just seems like unnecessary minimalism that leads to other unnecessary bullshit you need to do to get around it, like "I don't need a bed frame, just put the mattress on the floor!" leading to "hold on I need to air out my mattress"

the hhkb is pretty much a 60%, it just moves ctrl to capslock because who even uses capslock for anything that's not FN
it's not a layout I'd personally use but it's not that far off from a 60%
but yeah I think everything that's missing a number row is just too small for comfort

Attached: memeboard.jpg (1080x1920, 460K)

What the fuck did that person do to that poor HHKB

Onions based basedsoy basedbased bean desu senpai

>Fags ruin everything. Someone make a new thread without the retarded OP image.
Twiggered..... Awwww....

the fuck happaned to the pastebins?

Tactile switches you can actually feel the bump in and are around 60g+/- actuation force. I really want to like tactiles but i've tried mx browns, kailh speed coppers and razer orange tactile and none of those really do it for me

Attached: 1506217681768.jpg (600x594, 48K)

Box royals, once kailh fixes the stems.

sweet action jackson

i've never posted here before but i'll share my story:
>using old worn out yellow mac keyboard with sticky buttons
>pic related but yellow and dirty
>was actually decent, but gave me cramps
>hear about this meme keyboard somewhere
>watch clack videos all day
>orgasm
>realize i can get a keyboard for both typing and gaming that sounds great
>decide on mx cherry brown without testing any
>realize my shitty country has no good keyboards and i have to ship it
>want a cool looking board
>customize a WASDkeyboard and buy it
>pay $40 in shipping fees
how did I do?

Attached: heavy keys that snag about halfway.png (1500x811, 720K)

>WASDkeyboard
I'm sorry for your loss user. WASD makes the worst keycaps you can buy. I'd only recommend them if you have some weird layout that no one makes keycaps for and you absolutely need legends.

Attached: ktKQsOB.jpg (865x493, 60K)

Behold! The best gaymur keyboard ever!
Has the RGB meme without requiring some shitty bloatware tool to configure them. Also has the advantage of making it fully configurable regardless of your OS of choice. Standard keycap sizes too (unlike corsair boards).

fuck, forgot pic. Ducky Shine 5

Attached: large_1367_Ducky_Shine_5_06.jpg (1200x800, 161K)

i've heard this meme before, but i've been using mine for 4 years daily without any degradation

looks like shit, I'll just get a Ducky One RGB instead

>putting your keyboard on display
This isn't reddit m8. It isn't even that hard to prove you're lying since WASD uses ABS keycaps

Hako Royal is objectively better

whatever boats your float

i just don't have acidic sweat like most americans

Yes I know shitty keycaps float, that's why mine sinks

Attached: PBT ABS Water Test.png (925x518, 880K)

>being delusional
sure you're a special snowflake, don't stop there tho, why not get some body modifications as well

Attached: Forked_tongue_piercings.gif (324x243, 2M)

should've just gone through varmilo lad.

Are PBTs really all that good?

Yes.

They generally feel better and won't yellow. It also takes longer for them to shine up. ABS can be good, too, but generally speaking high quality PBT will always beat out high quality ABS.

It's hard to explain but PBT has a softer feeling despite actually being a harder plastic. ABS and POM feel very similar, but PBT is completely different. Also PBT is much more resistant to chemicals and oils so you can easily clean it and has a higher melting point which allows you to dye it however you want

>decide on mx cherry brown
You did very poorly

There's literally nothing wrong with Browns.

hhkb is a total meme that wastes space for its le ebin logo.

>Budget
under $100 ideally including shipping. cheaper is better
>Location
africa
>Preferred switch type
no idea this is going to be my first mechanical keybaord
>Layout
ansi
>Form factor
tkl preferably
>Backlight
doesn't matter
>Previous/current keyboards
none, i've been using the same $10 keyboard for 5 years now i figure it's time for a change

Got this for $60 during a 50% sale, plus postage.

did i fuck up?

Attached: the LEDs are fucking blinding.png (1600x654, 2.54M)

those LEDs make me want to puke

youtube.com/watch?v=gx9gO7AHjB4

These sound so fucking smooth

youtube.com/watch?v=qBeyKlUjuhQ

Listen to this. God, I want it.

I counter your ancient and impractical keyboard/switch with NEW HOTNESS youtube.com/watch?v=ep1Pe3m5_0Y&t=94s

if it's your first keyboard, it's fine but you could've done better.

I've had my Unicomp for a few days, but it seems like sometimes some keys (namely t and r) like to press twice. Am I just typing too fast, or is it legitimately a bug?

I'm the guy that had its Corsair Strafe slowly decay and decided to change keyboard. I just went against my better judgment and got a Logitech G513 just because I love the way it looks, the switches seemed more dust resistant than Cherry MX's and that wristrest seemed too good to skip.
It's surely overpriced and it will drop in price,

I say I went against my judgment because it's too expensive for what it is, but I got to say: it looks fantastic, the lighting is just something else and it feels really nice. Yes, the keys feel a bit damped compared to the usual switches, but maybe that's just me, they feel amazing and I type really well on them. If a bit of rubberyness is the price to pay to get this lighting and a better durability against chatter compared to Cherry switches, so be it, it doesn't feel bad at all and the keys are MUCH more silent than any other mechanical I've tried.

What really surprised me in a negative way is how much dick does Logitech software suck compared to Corsair's. I can't bind individual functions to individual keys, what the shit. Can't even customize effects on single keys, say I want just one key to breathe will all others are fixed, I can't. What the heck.

Attached: Avis-clavier-Logitech-G513.jpg (750x328, 56K)

Yeah it's my first. I really do like it though, just wish it had a wrist-rest.

I know better are out there but I didn't want to blow my budget either.

So by market prices it's a good price for a rosewill(corstar) full size with cherry switches but the thing is that gateron browns are considered to be better than cherry and while I haven't tried cherry browns I have tried gateron browns and they're good. You could have probably got a magicforce, rantopad, or jamesdonkey with gateron browns for less money and had a better key feel. But seeing as it's your first board you'll probably get another in the future so it's not a big deal.

It was done the last two times and amounted to nothing

Make one and I'll post in it

Is there any photos of the user using that particular wand?

Zealio

> a better durability against chatter
Romer G has two sets of contacts so it's twice as likely to develop chatter problems.

I ordered some samples and was eager to try out the outemu ICE V2 purple, still that's not really a bump.

Maybe, it's also very contained compared to Cherry and there's nearly no mention of chatter on romer-g keyboards contrary to the sea of cherry mx knockoffs that get fucked every year. Maybe it's just because Corsair is shit, though.

I was actually trying to find a decent keyboard with Gateron browns because of people here mentioning that it felt better than Cherry's browns [spoiler]but the import costs to Australia from China are way too expensive for large parcels and Australia has no mechanical keyboard market.[/spoiler]

Still, this is a huge upgrade over pic related.

Attached: Knucker.jpg (600x600, 36K)

Didnt they just tease a v2.2

idk

I've heard aus is insane with the import charges. Another thing I think is that people put too much weight into the "mechanical" part and not just the good keyboard part but I'm a topre user so I may be biased. I tried the corsair k55(not mechanical) and found it's key feel to be better than any of the default cherry switches(red, brown, blue, speed). It's not better than good switches but it's still a good board imo. Theres other stuff too like BTC keyboards which are more tactile than topre but aren't mechanical and are like $30.

you heard wrong, australia had no import charges for purchases under $1000 until a month ago, shipping was just expensive because surprise, it costs money to send stuff to a country that's fairly isolated from the rest of the world. even now on most consumer imports it's only the standard 10% sales tax, which is much less than places like the eu

> it's also very contained
Doesn't really have anything to do with chatter - unless you live in a very dusty area or something. They're also not particularly well contained - maybe marginally more than cherry, but I'm not even sure if that.

This, "mechanical" isn't well defined anyway (compare Model M and Topre to a $5 office keyboard). Or stuff like the alps discrete rubber dome - is that a mechanical switch or not?

>australia had no import charges for purchases under $1000 until a month ago
rip me

Attached: Capture.png (411x614, 62K)

The only real word I can think of to replace it is "good" keyboard. What other word would include all the mechanisms while only excluding the unusable ones like bad membranes? Topre is decidedly not mechanical but is one of the best tactile switches available. Buckling spring doesn't really use a switch yet it's one of the best clicky/tactile-with-sound available.
Then you have people glorifying cherry when fucking flaretech shits on all their non-lubed switches. Seriously normal cherry linears are fucking trash without lube.
For tactility most rubber domes/membranes, like that old dell, btc, or the k55, are going to be better than browns(the most popular switch).
Why is shit so fucked

Oh okay, I probably just worded what I said wrong. I just meant that everything imported is stupid expensive in aus like pc parts and stuff

oh yeah, shipping was almost always fucked, and everything within the country is generally marked up to hell and back

Which chink store do you guys buy your pro micros from? I need one for my Pingmaster.

>tfw typing on cherry mx switches

Attached: fadesfd.jpg (640x480, 70K)

I was actually planning to get a Magicforce Crystal 108 for use at work, because even though I'm in an office with a closed door, people complained to HR about the deafening noise of my Model M. How are the Gaterons better than the Cherrys? How loud are they? Is there another keyboard that's cheaper and offers the same thing?

>Corsair Strafe
My brother actually has this keyboard, with MX Red Switches. He only bought it a year ago, wasn't my first choice because price/performance, but seemed like a decent enough board. How did it fall apart? Also yeah Logitech's software is dogshit. I crippled my G400 with their crap, it was honestly better just using the generic Windows drivers.

>using old worn out yellow mac keyboard with sticky buttons
Is that a Matias board? Those things are pretty based, they're basically a resurrection of pic related: the Apple Standard Keyboard (M0116). I still use mine regularly and nothing, except maybe my Selectric I typewriter, comes close to surpassing the typing experience. It uses ALPS SKCM switches and it's literally the perfect level of actuation, tactile feedback, etc. I prefer it even to my Model M, although I have a 1993 one so not sure if that affects the feel at all. Fucking fantastic keyboard but unfortunately can't really use it on anything other than my ancient Power Mac. I've been thinking of getting a Wombat ADB-to-USB adapter but it's $60 USD, which translates into a lot of my worthless currency.

Attached: IMG_0784.jpg (4032x3024, 1.63M)

>unless you live in a very dusty area or something
3 cats and if I don't clean every 3 days I get a fine coat of dust on things, since I live in a big city on top of a pretty traffic heavy road with trees in front... yeah that's my main issue here sadly.

Tbh my only gripe with Logitech's software is the total lack of ease of customization, why wouldn't they allow me to bind every key is beyond me... anyways I'm looking into this Logitech HUB thing, which seems the new iteration of their software, so things might be better than I thought.

>How did it fall apart?
in the span of two months the paint on most keys in the most used areas just went to shit, the white paint on the sides of the keyboard is the cheapest shit ever and it rubs off, my A key started chattering, I even tried to apply a tiny spot of glue on the switch to keep it steady but it helped for like a week then it got worse, it started to affect all keys, really quickly. I went from no chatter to half of the keyboard chattering, then the A key started having troubles even registering keystrokes, then others... that's when I said fuck it. I never dropped anything on it, I kept it clean-ish, like not spotless but mechanically clean.

Shame on me for using a bit of alcool to try and clean the switches, but I routinely cleaned all of my peripherals with water and alcool and only the Corsair couldn't take it! I literally pour 90% alcool on my G402 to unblock the shitty wheel (my only gripe with that mouse) and it is perfectly fine, how come Corsair cannot take it? For reference, my cheap Microsoft Wired 600 was routinely cleaned pretty harsh since it's a 10€ rubber dome, and not only is it fine, but all letters are perfect except a couple that are a bit faded, and it has been used and abused.

It's sort of my fault too for never covering the keyboard or even thinking of going a bit easier with the cleaning, but if my 10€ rubber dome took it, why couldn't the expensive Corsair.

Oh, those two months are after 2 years of usage where the keyboard was perfectly fine. It just went from "it works!" to "apocalypse" in two months.

I don't find the gateron browns to be very loud at all but there are of course better options. Pretty much nothing is going to compare to a cherry silent stem in zealio housing with a polycarb plate, it would be literally silent. Silenced topre also isn't bad. Regular linears can be pretty loud if you bottom out hard. Of course any clickies are out of the question.
If you are absolutely against hotswap or building yourself you could just get a plain cherry silent black or red board I suppose.
Gateron browns are more tactile and smoother than cherry browns from what I've read.

>alcool
Êtes-vous français, mon ami? Ou peut-être Québecois?

Sucks to hear about the keyboard suddenly and catastrophically falling apart. Does the alcohol break down the plastic and switches, or do the keys just wear out prematurely? Little bit disappointing to hear, my brother paid $100 CAD for his (and that was considered a "good deal", got it on Boxing Day, normally they would cost $140) but it at least seemed to be of decent quality. It's good to hear that you at least got 2 years (instead of 2 months) of use out of the keyboard, but that's still pretty poor, considering how long other keyboards last. My dad's still using his Microsoft Natural Keyboard Elite, which has now seen almost 20 years of continuous usage. It's yellow and disgusting, but it still works. And that's just a rubber dome membrane (although a good one), I would expect mechanical switches to last much longer.

Just saw this. I am not sure if I'm too sold on Cherry Reds, I've used them and while somewhat quiet, they don't feel appreciably better than a good rubber dome keyboard, at least to me. I figured Browns would give a bit more tactile feedback without making a huge racket. One thing I did appreciate about the reds was the low actuation force, it felt a lot less tiring to type on for long periods of time.

Bah du coup tu as simplement a regarder le nom du fichier mdr

Not reds but silent reds(or preferably blacks). Plains reds are loud because you bottom out hard. I'm just saying basically: gateron brown isn't too loud if you don't bottom out, cherry silent red/black is even quieter, and cherry silent red/black stem in zealio housing with polycarbonate plate is totally silent.

No I'm italian, alcohol is one of those words I tend to mess up, derp.

I have no idea if the alcohol was involved, I'm sure my dusty environment killed it though, but it must be because it's not built to last. Honestly the worst part was seeing how the white paint just RUBBED OFF with zero pressure, that really rustled my jimmies.

And same with my rubber dome, the Microsoft rubber was treated much worse than the Corsair mech, yet it held up just fine!

Anyways, I'm going to cover my new keyboard every night and try to dust it off weekly and see how it fares.

> 3 cats and if I don't clean every 3 days I get a fine coat of dust on things, since I live in a big city on top of a pretty traffic heavy road with trees in front... yeah that's my main issue here sadly.
Cats are mostly irrelevant, but I guess dust is. You can tell us how it goes, then, because nothing about romer gs seems to suggest better resistance to me, but maybe I'll be surprised.

>I'm going to cover my new keyboard every night and try to dust it off weekly
Do people actually have to do this? I've owned mechanical keyboards for over 10 years and I've never heard of taking any of these precautions.

Attached: 1529001533417.jpg (679x792, 88K)

Matias Quiet Click
Also if people are complaining about your model m, I don't think that means you suddenly need to get factory silenced switches. Most cherry and I think even Alps clickies are a good deal quieter than a model m.

I thought almost the entire point of zealios was the stem (and some details like smooth molds and factory lubing). What's so special about the housing that makes it worth buying them for $0.75 per switch and then throwing away the stem?

Out of curiosity, how do you deal with dust in your PC?

I think it uses a special kind of plastic or something and happens to be close to if not the quietest housing. You could also just use gateron or retooled cherry rgb housings and get like 90% of the way there silence wise.
Ideally you would sell the stems to recoup the cost or buy the housings from someone who harvested the stems.

not him, but I just clean my desk at the end of the day

First day with the G513 and I found out not only that the wrist rest is as amazing as advertised, but that it also works perfectly as an arm rest when I slide my keyboard forward to use my drawing tablet, 10/10 wristrest would rest again

by having a full tower that is easy to get in and clean, and it's on my desk because on the floor I'd go crazy.

Idk one has long hair that stick together in clumps and I have no idea why they managed to fly under the keys often, sigh.

No, it's just me being over protective now since I want to be sure I can rule out dust from the equation. Maybe I just got a bad Corsair.

Attached: YES I KNOW THE CABLES.jpg (2049x1366, 703K)

> Idk one has long hair that stick together in clumps and I have no idea why they managed to fly under the keys often, sigh.
What I mean is it won't get into the switches. You need much finer dust for that. Cleaning under the switches is much much simpler than cleaning out switches that are fucked up inside, it takes like five minutes.

Anybody have any experience with KBDfans and how long they take to ship out customized orders (with assembly and the like)?

3 days or so for my assembled kbd75

>budget
150 us peso max
>location
hong kong/asia
>preferred switch
clicky or linear below 60 cn, no mx reds as i find them too linear
>layout
preferably ansi but iso's fine
>ff
preferably 75%, tkl is biggest i'll go
>backlight
with or without
>current
i'm using a filco with cherry blues and i like its weight, so something on the heavier side of things

>tfw typing on topre switches

Attached: 1530621737255.jpg (575x382, 42K)

>mfw typing on buckling springs

Attached: 1480097710449.jpg (1820x1210, 1003K)

If Alps aren't an option, Topre.
Otherwise it's lubed linears all day everyday.

OK, then maybe they're missing stock with some of the parts I ordered because I put it in on 21st and it's still marked as 'unfulfilled'. Gonna message them, thanks.

Everyone here will instinctively shill Zealios or Box Royals, but honestly man just get box browns, the tactility is fine and the actuation force is fairly light.

So I currently have pic related as my first mechanical keyboard and it works well for what I mainly do (gaming) but I want to replace it for something that has the following.
1. Audio/volume controls above the numpad.
2. Different switches, MX Blues on it feel pretty alright, but are incredibly loud.
I still have it under a 30 day return policy so I I want to find a replacement soon.

Attached: HP Omen.png (573x430, 154K)

box burnt oranges > box browns

so stripped my keys and washed them/cleaned out my board yesterday
now my left shift doesn't work. do i need to replace it and re-solder or what?

>mechanical reliability

Did you wash the fucking switches m8?

no just the keycaps lol. i'm thinking maybe water dmg but idk, i obviously dried them off before putting them back on