/hpg/

headphone general

Attached: 1531261651679.jpg (1500x938, 707K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones
canpicker.co
akg.com/Professional Headphones?pmax=200.00&prefn1=cupStyle&prefn2=isRefurbished&prefv3=Over-ear&pmin=100.00&prefv1=Closed-back&prefv2=false&prefn3=wearingStyle
rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php?nm=dsd 128
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mod close previous thread down for some reason. I made this shitty one with nico-chan.

he closed it because of the scampicker link, he even posted in the thread saying so

Based mod

see I never knew these were affiliated links.

earlet here
recommend me something affordable and comfortable that gives me eargasms time to time

Attached: 1529984572229.jpg (602x453, 42K)

The OP contained referral links

Based mod

Yes brother, in this thread we shill takstar for days.

please tell the /his/ faggot mods to lighten up

Op template minus canpicker link:

How to request purchase advice: pastebin.com/fYZLW7Ub

For sub-$50 headphones and IEMs, check out the infographic in Jow Forums wiki headphone FAQ: wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php?title=Headphones

Previous thread

I think he's exaggerating a bit especially since it doesn't cost us any money but it is not disclosed clearly that those links are affiliated and to be quite frank he has a point.

Based, burn all referralfags

thanks user! Sorry but I wanted a quick new thread.

Holy shit we have a mod on Jow Forums now.

Based as fuck, how many goats do we need to sacrifice to get desktop and watch threads banned too, since it has nothing to do with technology.

Literally anything in scampicker was an affiliated link to Amazon.

Attached: 1533248796151.jpg (2048x2955, 458K)

Mods = gods

This does raises a point though, it's being quite some time since /hpg/ have a proper guide with more current options. Ideally it should be unbiased and that's where the problem usually starts...
I mean, even /toy/ does guides, pic related for example.

Attached: 1533111144826.jpg (2279x3616, 2.05M)

How high is the M50X clamp strength/comfortability? I've used them for 5 years and even now I feel like they crush my head after a while.

Not as tight as HD650

>canpicker doesnt include stax
>banned
buy stax

stax is /hpg/

Any tin t2 owners here? The cable looks kinda shitty, is it?

What would be a good upgrade(sub $200) to the M50X's? I like neutral/bright, and highly prioritize comfort/my head not being clamped.

>neutral/bright and comfortable
DT880 Premium.

I want to lick her feet.
I want to lick your feet too!

Guys, I am very proud to present our OFFICIAL autistic recommendations list.
Note that these products do not represent my autistic opinion, I left that out (except maybe for the Topping D10).

Attached: recommendations.png (3508x2480, 971K)

I was considering these, how open are they? They're listed as semi-closed on canpicker. M50X's are closed and do a decent job at isolating, but I'd want the same quality/better at that function.

Attached: 1489548703765.png (680x448, 105K)

Very open, are you looking for isolation?

Yeah, so I'd be looking for: 1. Isolation, 2. Comfort/not high clamp force, and not nearly as important 3. neutral/bright sound. I don't have an amp or anything and just host off my motherboard.

stax

Hey bitch mod try and ban me see what happens kiddo :)))

canpicker.co

Yes, you are right brother, I forgot the stax shills. I'll include whatever the most recent stax memephone is tomorrow.

Well, the DT770 is also bright, but the FR is v-shapped, not neutral. Maybe you'd be happier with the DT250.

Please see the newly, official autistic recommendations brother.

I'll help you, it says 'takstar'.

who snapheiser here

Attached: snap.jpg (1206x686, 332K)

I think I'll probably go with the 770s. I'm not married to neutral/bright, it was just an idea. It might be good to experiment and experience other things. I could always return them.

I'm guessing I should go 32 ohm(no amp) + soft ear pads?

well guise i just ordered a takstar pro 82. I was using the superlux hd668b previously. I am gonna get memed or not ?

You are correct on the impedance, not on the headphones.

As mentioned in the recommendations, dt770 shills are not true, genuine /hpg/ posters

It is in our new official autistic recommendations guide after all. It must be autistic.

On a more serious note, probably not.

I've read the takstars have bad sealing and mediocre isolation. I wear glasses so that would kind of kill the isolation.

How thick are your frames?

your choice user.

Not that thick, they don't give me trouble with my M50X's

32 ohms is ideal for when you have no dedicated amp, however te 250 ohms is quite versatile, i've tested it before straight from the computer and it got quite loud. Just make sure to avoid the 600ohms.
Also, you are right about the bad sealing with glasses on the takstar. Pic related shows the original FR and the result of measuring with glasses (green for thin frames, purple for thick frames).

Attached: seal.png (614x378, 49K)

Those will never be banned since they are a huge part of this board. Also, most of the threads in Jow Forums aren't even technology related at all.

Well, I don't think there's any point persuading you. Just buy the DT770s already.

I don't think you would have that problem with the takstars, just buy the DT770s already user, just do it user.

Takstar shills get the fuck out.

This

staxheiser reporting in

Attached: IMG_20180801_212722839~2.jpg (2435x1512, 681K)

i want to nakadashi niko

nice stax but leave the sennheiser out of the photo next time

What's the recent shill with the takstar pro lately?

guys, I need a good pair of headphones for recording. They must be comfy to wear for long period of time, have the less sound leak possible and preferably a balanced sound signature. My main options are 770pro, m50x, takstar pro 82 and mdr 7506.

yeah, choose either one you'll be fine.

Are there any big differences between those models or just some minor ones?

I second this

Attached: IMG_20180803_092502.jpg (1512x2688, 1.32M)

mdr 7506 is probably more neutral than the others

It's literally one guy

They all sound quite different actually, DT770 is v-shapped, problably the most balaced of them. M50 is somewhat bassy and 7506 is bright. (sorry, never tested the pro 82).
DT770 is the most comfortable out of the three.
Personally i like the 7506 for spotting problems, the brighter signature helps picking up details that need fixing, on the other hand it isn't all that comfortable and the pads deteriorate quite fast (i had to replace the stock ones on my v6 with sheep skin pads for example).

Attached: Audio G.jpg (1617x723, 698K)

So basically, if I want confort and balanced sound signature I should go for the 770, while If I want a brighter sound signature I should be after the 7506, right?

Yes, the DT770 also has emphasized treble, but it's more balanced than on the 7506.

I love my DT 770s, but keep in mind that while these do have some treble emphasis their bass is quite powerful. If you don't like bass, these probably aren't for you. Since I enjoy mine I'd definitely recommend them, but don't expect a light and bright sound signature from them since the bass reaches very low and isn't shy at all.

A more neutral sounding option would be the DT250, but it's more expensive than the ones you listed.

Idol trash here. What's your setup like, user?
Based mod indeed. Finally some mod does something about it (!).
It's not shitty. It even has a nico-nico.

Attached: 1524528346712.png (1920x1080, 1.43M)

the 250 ohm version has less bass than the 80 ohm version.

Is there any differece between the HD580 and the HD600 (besides what's already noted by Tyll)?

Attached: Sennheiser_HD580600650_Photo_Lineup.jpg (600x377, 33K)

That's what I've read as well, though I only listened to the 80 Ohm version and can't personally comment.

Very little if you can get a set of 580s for cheap go for it

Soundmagic IE10 or Tin T2

Tin audio t2

t2 owner here. i have been creaming my pants to some 5.6mhz DSD rips lately. They are just sooo goood :)'''''

Honest Question to /hpg/ how much money would i have to spend on an iem to top the T2 ?

Attached: 1522108269138.jpg (950x534, 62K)

$99
Massdrop edc3

I don't know shit about audiophile shit, literally the best shit I've heard in my whole life is my z506 5.1 Logitech speakers.

What are some lightweight headphones under 150$ that sound good and don't need extra shit to make it work?

Pic related burgers almost ready

Attached: f77315546d7be6d6bacee727344ad83b_1.jpg (545x386, 79K)

>Budget
$200 max.
>Location
USA
>Source
PC / Laptop (No external amplifier)
>Type of headphone
Full-sized / Over-ear
>Open or closed
Closed (My neighbors are loud)
>Comfort level
>10/10 comfy, I'll wear these for at least 6 hours a day.
>Sound signature
I have no idea, i just want something actually worth my money. I watch movies, video tutorials, and sometimes listen to music.
>Past headphones
Skullcandy Hesh. $50 headphones i received from someone who obviously got fooled into buying an overpriced brand name. They feel flimsy, sound bad, and although they're advertised as over-ear, it's clearly bullshit. The pads are so thin that plastic of the cups is actually starting to hurt my ears when i wear them.

I think it's a given, but i don't want anything bluetooth.

Right now I'm looking at the AGK K553 MKII and K271 MKII. Opinions?

akg.com/Professional Headphones?pmax=200.00&prefn1=cupStyle&prefn2=isRefurbished&prefv3=Over-ear&pmin=100.00&prefv1=Closed-back&prefv2=false&prefn3=wearingStyle

Attached: Lain.png (540x517, 477K)

How do you protect your hearing, user?
What are some good comfy earplugs?

Posted in the thread, but you know... it got closed.

I'm looking for some headphones I can take on the go and use at home. I don't care to kick some money into it, but I'd rather not buy two separate pairs.

Is the Bose QC35 series II a good pair for that?

I'm replacing my Beyerdynamic DT880s at the house and some bluebirds on the go.
Both have shit the bed.

BASED and redpilled

Give me one burger and I'll suggest you a good pair of headphones.

>Budget
$500 flexible
>Location
USA
>Source
iphone X with a fiio e18
>Type of headphone
iems
>Comfort level
Very, using for flights but down to suffer for better sound quality
>Sound signature
Very neutral

Any anons got the 10-bit gate firmware fix from schiit? All Modi Multibit and Bifrost Multibits up until very recently have a firmware bug. New units are shipping with the fix. The firmware is not user-replaceable.

Attached: 10-bit-Modi-Multibit.jpg (1920x1366, 96K)

Hey friends I've been looking at the V-Moda Crossfade m100.
Anything as portable/rugged or equal greater quality.

>DSD
Objectively worse than 24/96

>5.6mhz DSD
Why bother with placebo

mods why don't you guys interact with us users anymore? The old Jow Forums was funny AF when you guys talked to us, banned yourselves and us jokingly. Did hiro make a policy? pls senpai hang out with us more

BA ? No mmcx ? No way

fucking idiots i have been collecting and making my own 24/96 vinyl rips for a decade. My hi-res collection is 4 terrabytes. The new DSD rips i am getting are unquestionably sonicly better.

Do you own a DSD player ? Have you heard native DSD 128 and 256 ? and not a PCM transcode ? I asked honestly about some headphone advice and you fucking faggots sperg out on digital sampling theory like the luddites you are.

Fuck i hate /hpg/ thanks for reminding me why i dont come here.

Attached: 1503570572092.gif (350x350, 881K)

Niko niko niiiiii

LOL, you're mad as fuck you stupid placebophile. Imagine being an audiophool when you own shit $50 IEMs. There's no post purchase rationalization here, you're just retarded lmfao

> Imagine being an audiophool when you own shit $50 IEMs

I actually own decent hifi gear... like Digital Crossovers, Room EQ's and R2R tape machines Fuck Face so go fuck yourself with a TRS jack.

dumb frogposter

Holy fuck he's actually mad

>tfw have to pad mod the HD800S to get it to seal properly
Nostaxers really make me think desu.

I'm looking for IEMs at or under $100 with good isolation. It'd also be nice if they came with good eartips so I can save some money.
Are the Etymotic hf5 what I'm looking for?

Okay bud what's your address?
I'll put a patty in an envelope and mail it through media mail if you're in America

whats up with all the massdrop headphones/??

Are the pads easy to replace? Can i just use HD600 pads?

which link was considered a referral link? there was pastebin, Jow Forums wiki, and canpicker. Or did one of the actual links contain other links that broke the rule? I'm really confused

about to blow 2000 dollars on new cable risers. i have a 600 dollar USB cable. how did i do?

no better way to get quality senpai

Lol vinyl rips. You're either retarded or trolling

I can't imagine how monumentally stupid you have to be to believe this nonsense.

here we go again. go here and have a good look

rutracker.org/forum/tracker.php?nm=dsd 128

hmmm so you are right and all the people here contributing these DSD vinyl rips and the THOUSANDS of people downloading them are all stupid and wrong.

Got it.