Surface Go

Kinda want this but don't like Windows 10S, M$ said there is a free one way upgrade to 10 Pro, but their disclaimer said you cannot switch back to 10S. Why is this? Why would anyone want 10S in the first place?

Attached: c6m3vnpbvw20wqzntvxh.jpg (800x450, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/05/02/windows-10s-windows-10-s-vs-windows-10-whats-the-difference/#6d4805401097
computerworld.com/article/3293429/microsoft-windows/with-daas-windows-coming-say-goodbye-to-your-pc-as-you-know-it.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just get a chromebook.

Just get an iPad Pro.

Why? I like having a full fledged Windows 10 64-bit. Still Windows 10 sucks with older printers, my Mac never has an issue with finding an older network printer.

Windows 10 S isn't a thing anymore. You can just change a setting and boom, you're running regular Windows 10.

Just get an iPad 2018 with a $15 cover and no keyboard

>lagPad

Just get a raspberry pi with a case and small screen.

Just get a Thinkpad T420 and rip off the keyboard.

Is it possible to install linux?
And is kde any good for tablets?

LMGTFY, "windows 10 s vs 10", first result: forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2017/05/02/windows-10s-windows-10-s-vs-windows-10-whats-the-difference/#6d4805401097

So I guess it offers more battery life, more Pro features than plain Windows 10, faster boot-up time, more secure as it doesn't allow third-party x86/64 apps.

Not being able to return back is a bummer, but I guess if I were to have one, I'd keep it on Windows 10S, because a screen that small would not accommodate the non-UWP applications well anyway.
This is, if I were to have the cheaper version, and I were to always use it as-is, and not connected to an external display. I would switch to Pro if I were to get the expensive one, and were to occasionally use it on an external display. I am not sure if I were to have the remaining two combinations.

I'd honestly say wait a little while, by the holidays or new year i'm willing to bet there will be a bundle that includes the type cover at a reasonable discount. After all MS frequently has bundles and deals on their Surface Pros.
Part of me wants one as something i can throw in a bag and take places, doodle, write notes on, read comics on, etc. But i have a reasonably decent ultrabook that in theory i can take "anywhere" and is my daily driver. But it'd be nice to have a tablet i can do "more" on than my ageing nexus 9.

Just get TempleOS

yeah holidays sounds like a good plan

The processor makes is borderline useless. Dont bothet.

Win10S will be mandatory in some years:
computerworld.com/article/3293429/microsoft-windows/with-daas-windows-coming-say-goodbye-to-your-pc-as-you-know-it.html

What would be the best alternative to this then?

literal FUD

shit specs.

>"full fledged windows 10"
>non tablet optimized bloatware
>running on fucking netbook hardware

who the hell even uses windows for anything anymore? you basically use it for launching chrome and that's it. metro app/windows app store development is dead, windows gui apps are dead, etc. why use a bloated piece of shit like windows when you just need an internet device.

Why is it that anytime something goes mainstream it loses all of its value and appeal?
> background image

I'd be interested in seeing what kind of gaming you can eek out of it. Seems good for emulation, indie, 2d, slightly older titles.

Windows is less shitty than ios or Android. You don't need to root it to install software and it's actually easier to disable the shitty notifications in windows 10 than it is in Android.

>literally benches 2x faster in CPU tasks and 10x faster in GPU tasks than the surface go

mfw

Attached: 1533242834641.png (779x1170, 828K)

You get a free upgrade to Windows 10 Home, not Pro.

>And is kde any good for tablets?

It's getting better, if you use the latte dock it works pretty well. But Gnome is still better (it has proper multitouch support for instance).

>it's windows RT all over again

yea that's gonna be a no for me dog

>muh geekbench score

>free one way upgrade to 10 Pro
Home, and you need to log into a MS account just to get it. If you buy one, install Enterprise on it.

Can I get a saucerino on that background?

Because edge uses less battery life and works well on 4gb RAM

No windows s means you can only download and install programs from windows store

> don't need root
> has no idea what registry files are

The problem is the affordable model only had 4 GB RAM and 64 GB of storage. For Windows. Bloated Windows. The $550 version has 8 GB RAM and 128 GB storage, but with the $99 type cover that is basically a mandatory add-on, you would probably be better off looking for a Surface Pro 4 or even a Pro 3 used than blow $650 on the Go.

Since it is a Surface and the pen is half the reason to own one, the real price of the device is $748.98. I would either get a current-gen iPad + pen, a used previous gen Surface Pro, or save $$$ to get a current generation Surface Pro.

I'm pretty sure we'll see some bundles within 6 months which will make it a better option. Say $600 for 128+cover, or if they want to push things hard throw in the pen too.