/spg/ - Smartphone General

Blackberry Evolve Edition

If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>Reviews, specs, comparisons
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
willmyphonework.net
frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
gizchina.com
gizmochina.com

>Visual phone size comparison
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone

previous thread

Attached: _20180803_015159.jpg (931x796, 165K)

First for Apple is not a trillion dollar company.

Xiaomi Max 3 or Honor Note 10?

Please don't lease your smartphone guys. This is by far the stupidest shit you can ever do.

Why the fuck did the torrented folder delete when i uninstalled the torrent client flud? Wtf fucking nigger jews

Should I get an XZ1C or a Key one? I really want a physical keyboard but Key2 is too expensive.

My colleague has been a blackberry fag for a long time, he bought the KeyOne and kept complaining about it.

I have the same question as well im considering the mi max 3 personally due the battery, LCD display, IR blaster and cheaper price.

But Huawei has superior hardware, screen and build quality, the battery size is not that different at this point, I think the real deal breaker might be the price tag.
Maybe.
Need more input on the subject, and maybe some feedback on the previous MI Max phones.

I have two phones, Nokia 7 Plus and iPhone SE. When I use the iPhone I feel joy, when I use the Nokia I feel nothing. Why is this? Am I a homosexual? I don't get it. The small iPhone seems perfect.

I think apple just pays you more

I think the SE's form factor makes it better for anal insertion

Hyped about my p20 pro arriving soon(hopefully tomorrow)

Attached: 1503631822628.jpg (132x218, 14K)

Why would you buy the p20 pro instead of the mate 10 pro?

I got the mate 9 for 1.5 years now and its great

I got the p8 lite for 1.5 years now and it gave me crippling depression

Me like shiny, I also liked the idea of not having to carry a point and shoot because for once my phone would have a half decent camera

Attached: 1491460783142.png (487x560, 225K)

Bought the XA2, what am I in for

A sub-par experience for the price.

My Galaxy S5 is a scorching piece of shit and I desperately need a replacement, but the Mi 8 is the cheapest 845 phone I can find. Notches and no jacks are the work of the Jews but I need a new phone, is the Mi 8 a solid device for the cost with the notch fucked off? I'd hope to replace it as a main device in 2019 provided that smartphone design isn't as abysmal as this year.

>last year processor, the same as their 2017 flagship
>1080p screen, last year flagship had 2K
>crystal back, last year was metal
>literal exact same design as Z3 Play, their 2018 mid range
>for some reason is 20 bucks cheaper than the Z3 Play, a mid range phone

wtf is Lenovo thinking

Attached: 1024_2000.jpg (800x800, 39K)

there's a talking out of my arse joke there somewhere. is there a good reason not to buy the oneplus 6? it seems like the best android phone. what is even a mate 10? it sounds like a communist phone or something.

looking for a phone to replace me moto g4. looking for best budget, or medium range phone that'll last me for the next 2 years with solid updates in the uk.

Mi Mix 2S is only slightly more expensive and has no notch.

Redmi Note 5 or one of the new Nokia phones (6 2018 or 7 Plus)

Get Mix 2/2S.
Both 835 and 845 are excellent SoCs.

>Redmi
>2 years with solid updates in the uk
absolutely hysterical

Just flash LineageOS?

Moto Z has shitty battery life
Moto Z2 only has a plastic screen version
Moto Z3 has last year's specs

This series had so much potential, but there's always fucking SOMETHING that makes it retarded

7 Plus user here, it's a good phone. nice screen for an ips, very snappy, will get updates pretty fast and has a good battery. also, it's thin and very solid in the hand.

Xiaomi released the Mi3 back in 2013 and it'll be getting updated MIUI 10 later this year. Mi2 was released in 2012 and got its last update earlier this year.

How many other Android phones from 2012 or 2013 are still getting updates?

redbull me on this thing
can i run steam games with it if they have a linux port or does google not have steam in their repos? How can i get desktop steam on it?

Attached: asus-zenfone-2-1.jpg (472x550, 59K)

What keyboard do u use

SwiftKey but it sucks dicks

can i install android on a blackberry passport?

small phones are the future

If the foldable screen meme comes to fruition then no, and there will always be a market for big phones, notably for people with big hands or fingers.

You do recognize MIUI updates aren't correlated to android updates? They're free to upgrade to MIUI200 and it can still be technically on Marshmallow.
Tell me, which other OEM releases major updates THAT DON'T EVEN FUCKING UPGRADE ANDROID VERSIONS? Yet you shills proclaim garbage like "they support old devices for sooooo long", yeah but not the fucking support people expect.
Literally they patch shit together in such a retarded manner, MIUI9 on older devices still has fucked up notifications where the reply buttons don't show properly for instance.

You can keep that fucking garbage Ramesh.

I'm considering to buy a blackberry passport but want to still use android apps
Is there a reliable way to get them to work on it?

No, sadly

Best android stock ROM for the xiaomi note 5? Can't decide between Lineage and Pixel experience

What is it in Android version updates that are so important? New features? Those come with MIUI updates. Security updates come with MIUI updates too. So in practice it doesn't even matter if the underlying android version doesn't change.

Should I put a case on my phone or just use it naked?

Attached: vwmpn.jpg (412x351, 20K)

Case with a chink phone. Naked with a phone thats actually decent.

Lineage is well-supported and just werks in general.

Z3 is Motorola's flagship, dumbass.

What if it's a decent chink phone?

What is the phone that Chad would buy?

Attached: thinking.png (317x336, 5K)

That's peak damage control.

What's the best phone in the 500-600 range?
Chinkphones included

what makes the Redmi Note 5 Pro so much better than the Redmi Note 4?

Attached: 1530825540559.jpg (960x960, 138K)

I can't decide between a refurbished Pixel 2 and One Plus 6.

I don't want any of your shitty chink phones, the LTE bands on those are fucking garbage. The Mi mix 2 is the only one with good bands but I think it looks ugly.

Attached: Nokia-NGage-LL.jpg (1200x685, 152K)

Literally got everything wrong and backwards.

Probably the Mi 8 or the One Plus 6

So Jow Forums, which phone is the best of the best I can get? in a budget?

Attached: 1533002245413.png (1100x1000, 1.03M)

OP6 it is.

nokia n900 running completely stock with no unauthorized software

You can buy an s9 for $570 new.

You may not like it but this is what peak performance looks like

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (3000x1687, 554K)

Says the poorfag

>SoC almost twice as fast
>bezel-less meme
>18:9 meme
>Gorilla Glass

Nope, that's literally impossible. Maybe you can get a contract, but you have to go refurbished/used to get into $500 category. Which is fine, that's probably not a bad decision, but just be aware it's not new.

Thinking of dropping the chips for a XZ2 compact. What /spg/ think?

Wait, the RN4 didn't have Gorilla Glass?

Mi A2
>no audio jack
>no microsd

MI A2 Lite
>meme notch
>average processor

Why must they compromise so much shit. Why can't they just make a non meme phone ffs

Attached: D5233565CE724A55AD3D54C4AEE74E12.jpg (633x485, 180K)

note 5 nigger

Is there a non-root way to remove system apps from a phone's ROM?

Actually uninstall, not just turn off from the app settings page.

In what universe
In Canada btw so everything is $100-$300 more expensive than it should be

B&H and Newegg

No but it doesn't matter, since system apps live in the system partition, which you cannot resize without root. The most you can do is uninstall updates (which are in the user partition) and disable.

iphone

Attached: caca.jpg (500x375, 58K)

4, 3, 5, 1, 2, 6

Attached: 1531734525804.jpg (538x960, 93K)

no, it had sort of a scratch protection layer but the glass can break with ease, remember that gorilla glass means two things: scratch proof and shatter proof (kinda)

Note 4 and almost all of the Redmi devices only have the scratch proof part

Was kinda hoping for a 800+ processor

Any S9 bros attest to how bad the battery is? I feel like this phone is going to have zero re-sell value because the battery will be garb-o by then.

can you root the blackerry keyone or key2?

>moto z3 will only have an 845
>there will not be a shattershield Force variant
>I've been holding onto my droid turbo 2 for years waiting for a phone that wont ever exist

fuck

Attached: 1396366939185.gif (236x132, 1.9M)

>install Lyft
>uninstall Lyft

Attached: 😬.png (1080x1620, 792K)

Nice blogpost, cunt

I wanted the Priv or the Passport but never got either. I was waiting for them to release a modern spec version but they never did.
Currently, I have a Key2 and I'm loving it. This is the first time in a while something (the keyboard) exceeded my expectations. I like how you can double tap the keys and use it as a directional pad for moving the text cursor.
The speed key is to Android what alt+tab is to PC.
I wish you could use the keyboard/trackpad to get a cursor so you never have to actually touch the screen, but something like that could be done in software.
At that point, it would feel more like a UMPC than a phone. I can see the appeal of a wider screen on the Passport, but I wonder how it is with pockets.

Attached: blackberry keyone.gif (480x270, 1.79M)

Umm, this is nice board.

Attached: 1496530107913.png (1292x608, 69K)

Your mom's a nice board

Attached: 1420389622911.jpg (1406x893, 207K)

Shame it cant be rooted. i would buy one in a heartbeat if it could.
I dont think there are any other smartphones with keyboards on the market.
I guess i will have to find an attachable one for another phone.

What a sad life you must live.

Same to be honest. I was using a phone from 2010 before this, but it was running Lineage. I made the assumption that
>all these sensible open source changes must have been rolled into Android 's mainline by now
without actually looking.
It's not bad, but it's also not exactly how I like every aspect (autism).
And then there's the extensibility, like I mentioned, the hardware for a software trackpad cursor is there, but I likely wouldn't have permissions to run something like that at a system level.

>I dont think there are any other smartphones with keyboards on the market.
Yeah it's not like there are any options. You have to like the Key2 if you like modern keyboard phones, because it's the only one.
Hopefully this will change.

>I guess i will have to find an attachable one for another phone.
Best of luck.

I beg your pardon?

Attached: 1430695949347.png (290x332, 133K)

Yep. A sad, pathetic life you live.

Are you projecting your personality on to me for the purpose of attention? If so, that's a bad way to communicate it, and I personally am not interested in assisting you tonight. If the thread stays alive I'll reply later.

Run away, little man.

A genuine pity one. Sorry for your situation. There are more meaningful ways of socializing with other people.

>says he doesn't want to engage
>engages anyway.
A sad, sad life. Instead of taking it out on a smartphone thread, you should go to therapy.

Empathy is truly a curse. You're thinking everything you need to hear, you're just directing it others when you should listen to it yourself.

Will pop up cameras become the NBT?
I think it looks good on the Oppo Find X

Sad. Sad. Life.

It doesn't have to be.

Yeah, you should really fix that soon.

lmao

Attached: ccba9b8138536537f0bd702f0beaad93.gif (280x210, 1.58M)

I bet Koko would be an iPhone user.