How did you learn programming user

how did you learn programming user

Attached: 1504961037276.jpg (655x527, 36K)

I didn't

learncpp.com

based frogposter

A combination of wanting to realize certain concepts and wanting to learn programming, mostly.

I poopied on my peepee then doopied the deedee.

read this book

Attached: sicp.jpg (1280x720, 264K)

How very profound. If I ever get so drunk that I register a Facebook account, may I quote you there?

11 yo started reading a book about blitzbasic.

Making games during 7th grade math class in TI-Basic on my 84+. Then taught myself how to do asm for it so I could make the real cool games on my pc. Then taught myself java and other stuff so I could host and improve a moparscape server. Once I got to college I got into embedded C.

I wanted to make cool proggies for AOL chatrooms in Visual Basic so I read the basic minimum and then ripped off and modified other people's sources.

>how did you learn programming user
Poking shit with a stick. Never read any book.
Asked real programmers too many stupid questions.
So, I was annoying, and they taught me.

Programming is for losers

Why I'm laughing at this

Attached: 1488495752422.jpg (680x739, 72K)

i wanted to make minecraft mods

I started yesterday, cuz I am bored as fuck and I don't know what to do with my life and I found some tutorials on how to make 2D games in C++. It's pretty interesting, but I'm a noob and don't know how to do very advanced stuff.

I learned C++ a year ago and I made some cheats for a game I played, but wasn't such a big thing.

I practiced for ten years. First two in hs, next four at uni.
I only started getting actually good in the last few years doing it professionally. Before that I could build anything, but the code was always messy with poor maintainability. Now I'm ascending into writing highly usable libraries and modular systems. I'm at the point where I can write a few hundred lines before testing, and usually there are no or very few bugs.

You'll have to write fifty thousand lines of shit to get gud.

I haven't yet ;_;

In HS I was that annoying kid who wanted to make apps for everything, so I learned some java basics and just made gay video games for android. Then I picked up lua to do scripting for my TI-Nspire. Both of those were enough to get me rolling

Attached: 1526694192076.gif (400x400, 252K)

Started with batch, learned a bit of cpp. Picked up cpp primer and worked through that. Had embedded devices programming in high school.

Started with freecodecamp, then took some udemy courses and it went from there

My first encounter with programming was at collage. I would often go into the IT room during classes to mess on the Internet since I only had dial-up at home. There was always another guy in there and we started talking. He was making a 3 player chess game in Visual Basic and would go through the code with me but I had no idea what he was saying and just played along.

is this a leaked Tekashi song

I read the manual for my TI-84 to automate Simpson's Rule

TI-BASIC truly is the best beginner's language tbqfwy

>tfw no programmer to annoy

Attached: 597.png (1070x868, 157K)