/sqt/ Stupid Questions Thread

>Post your questions here

>Read
>search
>ddg.gg/lite

>redirect anons making their own threads with >Linux questions?
>PC building?
>Good, cheap, laptops?
>Windows questions?
>Where can I get Win10 LTSB?
>How do I activate Win10/Win7?
>pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
>pastebin.com/quC0gz4j
>pastebin.com/gHCCFBkt
>pastebin.com/4LvsAFk7

Attached: 1524524757751.gif (540x490, 3.3M)

Other urls found in this thread:

dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-24-ultrasharp-monitor-u2415/apd/210-agsu
ddg.gg/lite
puri.sm/shop/librem-15/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So I noticed an inverse relationship on my torrent client, qbt. When I'm trying to download a torrent/magnet with a lot of seeders, hundreds to thousands, I get fucking SLOW speeds, like < 50 kbps, but on torrents where there are relatively few seeders I can get up to max capacity.

Should it not generally be the opposite? What fucking gives? I recall something about announcing too many seeds or peers at once will throttle the connection or something in the router or whatever, but I've set my settings to only allow 5 connections per link. So why is this? How to fix?

recommend me a textbook to start learning c++ with

Dell Inspiron 15 7000

Is it worth getting a cybersecurity degree?
I have an AA and I want a bachelor's, but is it worth getting 40-50k in debt?
Are certifications just as valid as a degree? Is there any chance of succeeding in life without a degree?
Regarding college, for something like cybersecurity, are online classes even viable? Are they completely shit compared to physical classrooms?

the c++ programming language

Attached: bjarne33.jpg (217x200, 10K)

I actually want the wireless internet driver as I'll be using that, I still have no internet. The Ethernet controller works but I can't get it to connect via an ethernet cord, I need the isp and password for it I think and I don't know where those are, just have the password for the wireless connection.
GIGABYTE GA-H110M-A (rev. 1.0) LGA 1151 Intel H110 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
EVGA GeForce GTX 1060 GAMING, ACX 2.0, 6GB GDDR5, DX12 OSD Support (PXOC)
EVGA 500 B1 100-B1-0500-KR 80+ BRONZE 500W
Intel Core i5-6500 6MB Skylake Quad-Core 3.2 GHz LGA
Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 530
HyperX FURY 8GB (2 x 4GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 2133
SAMSUNG 850 EVO 2.5" 250GB SATA III 3-D Vertical Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
WD Blue 1TB Desktop Hard Disk Drive - 7200 RPM SATA 6Gb/s 64MB Cache 3.5 Inch

Where can I find a wireless internet driver? Tried searching on gigabyte couldn't find. I don't even know what is the wireless internet device in this list or if it's here at all.

Attached: drivers.png (707x601, 1.15M)

pic related
consider you're the blue square in the middle of this grid, and the black and white colored squares are collidable entities
is there some kind of an efficient way to rule out all the squares not reachable if assuming we can only walk in a straight line?
i've marked the squares i consider inaccessible with black color so you can better understand what I'm talking about
the naive approach would be O(N^2) by simply checking each possible pair of squares

Attached: problem.png (1051x1032, 16K)

I'm trying to join #bookz and my client keeps saying unable to resolve irc.undernet.org how do I fix this? I'm just trying to pirate a novel

Attached: f1ee251e0587915026594eccdcfbcb5b.jpg (2048x1365, 294K)

do your diagonals clip at all? if i walk say -3,-3 do i hit anything

post a pic of your connection settings
or just give me the name of the novel

maybe use a different dns resolver, i can resolve that domain just fine from here

Recently my netgear router started acting up.
Used to get 100mbps easily but now I can't get anything above 15mbps.
I've reset it, updated it, downgraded it to the previous firmware that worked and still nothing.

If i connect directly to my modem i get my full speed so I'm not sure what the issue is.

Anyone have an idea?

is your isp a motherfucker

this grid is a bit low resolution, the actual case has much better resolution, think pixels on a 1080p screen, therefore it's more like normal geometry rather than rasterized squares
if i define a line going through the middle and one randomly picked point (square) i can then calculate the distance between that line and a third point, so let's say a collision happens when that point lies between the first two and the distance from the line is less than 2.5 arbitrary units (this figure would be the width or diameter of the point)

thanks a lot but i fixed it by turning off wifi on my phone

this is how i'd probably solve it
(use degrees)
for each collidable
determine lowest and highest clippable degree value
if any value from that interval isn't already blocked,
append interval to blocked degrees

nope

Edit: This is on windows 7 activated. I'm wondering if I actually need to buy a wireless plug in card or adapter and can't just download drivers.

When I try to download a file on #bookz it just doesn't work.

!Ook Sayaka Murata - Convenience Store Woman (epub).rar ::INFO:: 2.2MB

this is what I want. any idea what i should do

looks like this

Attached: Screenshot 2018-08-02 at 6.47.45 PM.png (1366x768, 110K)

and on my android (very bottom)

Attached: Screenshot_20180802-184828.png (1080x1920, 304K)

Got a Sound card from my friend for free and the audio is noticeably better, but when I open up a game the graphics card creates some interference through my headphones. The only PCIe slots are directly next to it however.

Anything I can do to fix the problem?

The power went out today and now one of my power line adapters (Netgear Powerline 500 with passthrough) seems to be bricked. I opened it up and didn't see or smell anything odd (except maybe the top of one cap was bulging very slightly). Everything else in the house seems fine too. Tried it in a bunch of different sockets with no luck.

If there's nothing that can be done to revive it, is there anything I should know before shopping for new adapters? Will I be able to mix and match the surviving adapter with new ones?

The most efficient possible is O(N*n) where N is min(length, width) and n is the number of obstacles
>For each obstacle, draw a ray from the outer corner of the blue square to each outer corner of the obstacle. you can use the center for an approximation
>extend one of the rays so so that the x or y value is equal to the x or y value of the other ray at the edge of the space forming a triangle
>for each discrete "stripe" or column x_n, starting from the edge of the area to the obstacle, calculate the minimum y intersect y_min of first line based on the slope.
>calculate the other bound by finding the intersection with the second line at the same horizontal coordinate y_max
>you now know that all points in the column x=x_n with y between y_min and y_max are unreachable
>repeat for all columns or rows in that triangle
>repeat for all obstacles
>take union of all resulting sets of points

forgot pic

Attached: Untitled.png (828x904, 62K)

What's the best way to scan my video collection and apply volume normalisation? I can already do my music with foobar but all my movies and what not have audio that's all over the place.

if you're experienced enough you could probably replace said capacitor, otherwise you should replace the entire unit for safety reasons

I wanna use gnus but I use vim. Should I install evil mode or just learn emacs? I tried to do a bit of the tutor but don't like the key-chording or the weird default keybinds in general.

Find out if those clients support DCC. The bot is doing what it's supposed to do

AA and certs are the way in. The biggest issue is EXPERIENCE.
They want to hire a junior dev
With a senior devs experience
For the salary of an intern

Attached: aBxvPPz_460swp.webp.png (460x439, 247K)

So on one Discord server only, I've got a role that has the instant invite permission but can't actually generate them due to a 403 Forbidden error when the request is made. You just get pic related instead of an actual working link. Only the server owner is able to generate them properly.

The fuck is up with this?

Attached: Capture.png (557x234, 15K)

Is this a good 16:10 monitor?
dell.com/en-us/work/shop/dell-24-ultrasharp-monitor-u2415/apd/210-agsu
>Dell 24 UltraSharp Monitor: U2415

Attached: dell-monitor-u2415-right-hero-504x350.jpg (320x222, 15K)

So I got this like chinese super large battery for my note 4, and am trying to recalibrate my battery percentage.

Unfortunately, its on 1% and has been for a few hours how. How can I speed this up

Attached: Peak judeism.png (557x501, 507K)

>ddg.gg/lite
stop promoting duckduckgo you kike

Notice how he also removed the qwant link from the previous thread.

Attached: 1513989244289.jpg (1511x553, 280K)

no I just used a different source for the copy paste

find a 2560x1600 one. 1080p is pleb tier at 24".

1600p is harder to find than it might seem.

Recently got a new PC

Old PC was a dinosaur from 2010.

New one has Wifi and hotspot ability, but it currently has Windows 10 Pro...

My question is: I don't want windows 10 pro, I want to install Windows 10 LTSB, but will LTSB version of win 10 have the software functionality to let me use the hotspot features and wifi?

last PC I had ltsb on was missing media features pack which didn't allow me to use icloud or connect my iphone to it. wondering if anyone has experience with this..

Attached: ifx=ytheny.jpg (654x465, 34K)

I'm installing OpenBSD on my X201 but it has a Tux sticker, would you remove it?

I want a good 16:10 monitor. And my graphics card (10603gb) can't run 2k well.

What's a good headset with a mic that can be used on laptop?

Attached: 7680034578911766.png (482x496, 340K)

Attached: 1305535301431.png (637x634, 39K)

Okay I purchased a VPS and I'm using it as an RMTP host, I cannot though get my RMTP streams to pass through to a site like cytube but it works fine with VLC and any other RMTP player. Any reason for this?

dis a bretty gud book so far thanks user

So I just finished building my first rig about a month ago, and my gpu has been working fine, in fact I haven't even taken it above 50% workload because I don't do too much in the heavy end of stuff that'd use it.

But tonight I had a fuck of a scare, green dots everywhere, I immediately assumed I fucked up seating it or something, but it was just a cable fuckup, my HDMI got knocked loose because I bumped into it.
All's well, except now, the connection is cutting out to my monitor. I've tried multiple monitors and it keeps going. It seems to function fine, and the GPU isn't showing drops or spikes in usage, nor the CPU or anything else that I can tell, temps are (in all monitoring software I've tried) perfectly within range (40c~ since I live in the desert, never higher than 60). I updated my gpu drivers, opened it up, reseated it one more time, and it's working fine for right now, but I was wondering if anyone might have any insight for a retard, as to why that was happening. I'll probably replace the HDMI cord anyway, it's a few years old now and getting kinda frayed at the necks on both ends, but assuming that wasn't it, I figured I should ask.

I love free software, I would love to use only free software, but, why is almost every free software either buggy as fuck or has design so shit a kindergartner could do it in 10 seconds? Serious question.

Because nobody is getting paid for QA or UI.

I need to add files to an iso, what programs should I use?

I mean free as in freedom, not as in free beer, there are free software programs that take donations and shit and still have either of those two problems, don't tell me that programmers in for example RedHat don't get paid lmao

7Zip

What exactly is M.2? Is it for SSDs only?

puri.sm/shop/librem-15/

I don't see any conventional hard drives anywhere.

And for that matter what is this NVMe stuff? It's ludicrously expensive.

I really wish there were some tradional hard drive options in there... Not just cheaper, but I heard SSD files don't actually get deleted due to wear levelling. It's not like I need ridiculously fast I/O.

In Python, how can I compare bytes read from a file to a specific preset value?

For instance, say I want to find files where the first bytes are "/xFF/xD8".

open(filename,rb).read(number of byte headers)

how would i go about having the total duration of selected/highlighted tracks displayed in foobar. using default ui. NOT in the status bar, but as its own code that can be simply displayed in some element. the few possible methods ive found are all defunct and from pre-2010 foobar

Yeah, I know how to do that part. The issue is how do I then verify that those first bytes are what they should be?

If I try to store "/xFF/xD8" as a string and then do an "if (read_bytes) == bytes_string" it obviously won't work (since you're comparing bytes to a string,) but encoding and decoding before comparing them doesn't seem to work either.

The problem I'm having is that I just can't figure out how to properly tell the script what bytes I'm looking for.

what kind of ascii art is this? what is this seriously?

Suppose there is a website with a generated table with column values: A+B, B, C.
I'm only interested in A, and right now I have to always manually subtract the two values for each row.

Is there any way I can automatically do these calculations? Create my own Firefox addon that would replace the values in A+B column? Scrape the website? Or some other way?

Help an user with lower back problems out, Jow Forums.
Do I buy a cheap chair and staple pillows on it, buy a 15 year old Leap for ~$300 (full leather, no warranty), or drop a paycheck on a new gesture and then ultimately return it when I realized I spent a grand on a fucking chair?
Despite having a decent job I get a fucking panic attack buying a $20 shirt, please advise.

Attached: Barry.png (305x298, 47K)

did you try
open(filename,rb).read(number of byte headers) == 0b0010111101111000010001100100011000101111011110000100010000111000

i feel like you can get a better deal on a leap than a 15 year old one for 300

are you on craigslist or something

I did not. So I should just input the string I'm looking for as a string, convert it to binary, then compare it?

I'm pretty west of Chicago and I spent an entire day going to office "liquidators." I'm not the best haggler, but that was pretty much the best price I could find.
Craigslist has some leaps but it's not cost efficient to drive to some guy's house to save 30-50 bucks.
If I lived in Milwaukee I'd be swimming in chairs though.

well in that example i just converted your string to binary

is /x a header for hex?

office leaps is always a good bet. desu fixing your posture or learning how to massage the base of your spine does more than a good chair, speaking from personal experience.

How do I make smooth motion work in mpv? I pasted the lines into the conf file but I'm not seeing any difference.

I think it's how python separates individual hex values.

honestly i don't really understand what you're asking. you can read a file in ascii or binary or whatever else. you know what to compare it to. where is the problem

Okay, say I want to find all the files that are JPGs in a folder. I know that JPGs start with a specific byte pattern, so I read those bytes from a file and store them as a string.

Using that information, I want to check and see if another file is a JPG by comparing the bytes in my string to the bytes I read from the target file.

why are you storing the bytes in a string
just compare the bytes directly

oh also if you're dead set on using strings you can just use the startswith method

Is there a graphics engine that renders similar stuff as this picture?

I'm planning to calibrate different displays and devices including Windows and Linux systems using DiplayCal. Would you still recommend the Colormunki Display/X-Rite i1 Studio? What about the new generation stuff i.e. Colormunki Photo/Design?

Attached: 1533045808873s.jpg (125x62, 1K)

Unless I plan to read from a source jpeg every single time I run the script, I need some way of hardcoding the byte data it needs to look for.

I want to transition out of using proton mail because it takes up too much time.

Can I forward all my incoming proton mails to my google mail?

What can I do to redirect all incoming mail from proton to google?

source on the gif?
I always wanted to make something like that

People were hyping up Wayland last year as if it was the bees' knees. Then it came out as an unstable mess. What made/makes Wayland better than x11?

>Have Cisco router
>Have two devices setup on each end of FE0/0 and FE0/1
>Both have DHCP addresses
>Both interfaces on the router have static IPs
>Neither have iptables setup to block pings
What do?

How does USB-C work? I mean, since it's the same on both ends, how do I make sure a power bank will charge the phone and not the other way around? What is supposed to happen if I connect two phones together? Two computers? Two USB-C ports on the same computer?

Actually, same question with HDMI cables. What's the chance of destroying equipment by trying to connect two laptops with an HDMI cable?

nvm found it

I realized after further research that I need either a crossover cable or switch. Fantastic.

HDMI ports can only go one way, the cable itself can go either way. laptops usually have HDMI out's, so they don't signal each other

USB type C probably does the same thing but I'm not sure

USB interactions architecture is master/slave. Slave/slave and master/master interactions are forbidden. Attach Detection Protocol is used to determine role of the device.
tl;dr: nothing will happen.

what's the point of using not postgres?
seems like it can do just everything

How do I view MP4 video files in Win98?

Attached: IMG_20180803_100955.jpg (1920x1080, 199K)

Is it too late for me to start studying CompSci? I'm 26 with no experience but want to switch careers.

old version of vlc maybe ?

>hello i need source
>nvm found it
>doesn't post source
you are cancer

so my laptop seems to have 2 bios screens, one is very simple and only lets you change the time, boot password and boot order, the other more advanced has loads more options.
for some reason i can only access the simple bios by spamming f1 on boot, and i can only access the advanced bios by going to windows > recovery > boot to recovery> change bios settings
but now i don't have windows, only linux. how do i access the advanced bios?

post specs

mplayer

how complex of a task is it to program a compiler that targets an assembly? how complex is the field?

Pentium III, 320MB memory, internal GPU.

>pentium III
thanks, that limits it down to a couple hundred different processors with wildly varying specifications
>internal GPU
could you be any more vague

I'm defining JavaScript functions in a script tag above my HTML, when I tell said HTML to call the functions they don't do jack shit.
But if I move the script tag below the HTML that calls the function it starts working.

Is this going to happen everytime (I have to define the functions after the HTML that calls it) or am I doing something retarded?

i dont wanna go to wdg i like you guys

Attached: 06.png (876x496, 204K)

I want to play CyberGladiators but the iso file I found doesn't let me run it after installation, keeps asking for me to insert a CD, I already mounted the iso and it still doesn't work.
Any way I can run fuckassold games without installing Windows 95 on a VM?
Can you even install Win95 in VirtualBox?

Has anyone with libreboot been able to use hardware encryption on their Samsung 850/860 SSD? Should I just use software level FDE that comes with my linux distribution and encur the performance penatly?

I'm confused! please help!

After a few weeks using Ubuntu it starts throwing an error at startup about starting in low graphics mode.

Why is Ubuntu so shit and why SHOULDN'T I switch to Linux Mint Debian Edition?

Dell GX1 450MBtr

My graphics card (NVidia GTX 1GB old as fuck) gets "tired" sometimes and makes everything run at like 10fps.
Is it a mechanical thing or is there a way to fix it?