What is with the attack on private property that's going on in technology right now...

What is with the attack on private property that's going on in technology right now? Cars can be turned off by the manufacturer at will without asking the owner (Tesla case), machines can and will install updates without your permission, everything has a requirement to be connected to the internet for the sole purpose of destroying your independent ownership of the item.

In the old days if you bought something you had 100% control over it, it would be almost a little bit acceptable if these things only concerned rental items but not BOUGHT items.

Attached: boomerbed.jpg (1024x584, 43K)

add value for the shareholders

alex jones was right, they're building a prisonplanet

that's why i use linucks. updates when i tell it to and it's free.

it's also why i drive an old civic with no botnet. you know that now any vehicle made after May of this year requires back-up camera which means no simple audio interfaces anymore.

It should be illegal, I remember when it was taken very seriously if a hacker could so much as access your files let alone remote control your device and considered a real crime

I can't believe it's a built in feature in almost everything now, I feel like the public acceptance of the subjugation of private property is much more depressing and dystopian than something like killer robots could ever be

Ride a bike, faggot. It will never have botnet.

Corporations are seizing power over the government.
Corporate oligopolies realized that they have essentially unlimited power to infringe upon the Bill of Rights, because it doesn't apply to them.

Attached: 1526664502478.png (1800x1200, 254K)

It's not some faceless concept of "corporations", it's corrupt megarich families who own the planet

>you know that now any vehicle made after May of this year requires back-up camera which means no simple audio interfaces anymore.
No it doesn't

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1280x782, 95K)

People are dumb fucking retards.

people cant be fucked with the responsibility of having to take care of their shit

>richard stallman was right
Ftfy

one does not exclude the other, stallman has been on alex' show multiple times actually

I sell software and computers.
I had to explain to an old man today how pretty much all popular software requires you to be connected to the internet to be useful. We both agreed it sucks.

Corporations aren't faceless. You see them all around you. Who do you think works for them?

Corporate oligopolies, composed of people who are technically smart but have idiotically skewed beliefs, believe that it is their meaning of life and imperative to shape the world in the way they want to see it.

So managers at YouTube will decide to censor things they don't like.
Banks will refuse to handle the accounts for businesses who participate in activities they don't like.
Electronics manufacturers build backdoors into systems and the only thing that stops them from abusing the power it gives them is bureaucracy and a lack of a big enough target.

They'll justify everything they do "for the greater good", same as how vaccines provide herd mentality, but at the cost of normalizing a jackbooted thug behind every product you own.

Corporations aren't faceless monoliths anymore.

well, people aren't standing up to this shit so companies do it.
vote with your wallets, faggots.

And that's because back in the "good old days" they didn't have the technology to force this shit on you then.

You're a brainlet coincidence theorist. Google received in-q-tel money, it was all planned out from the beginning.

>all of these companies are filled to the brim with faggots
>it can only be the government's fault that they do all these shitty things!
said like a corporatist. I hope your shitty e-celebs get censored by YouTube.

I didn't say it was the government you humongous fucking retard. It's rich fucking families conspiring through central banks, the bilderberger group, the roundtable society, council of rome, council on foreign relations, tavistock instittute, rand corporations, sabbateans. You dumb fucking piece of shit, they spitroast you with corporations on one end and the government on the other you dumb piece of shit.

>>it can only be the government's fault that they do all these shitty things!
Why dont you research it before you say dumb retarded shit like this? It's irrefutable fact that they got money from the CIA when they started.

You're not gaining allies by acting like a holier-than-thou faggot. Sperging out and listing a bunch of names is just going to out you as an irritable moron that people are just going to tune out.

Reality is that PEOPLE build backdoors. PEOPLE censor other people. A family with money can't buy the ethics of normal people. Do you think every electrical engineer in the world is a skeevy desperate fuck who n e e d s this job or else he's out on the street?

But normal people can have skewed ethics in the first place. And this is the difference between your egoistic rant and something people can actually believe.

Learn something. Lie if you have to.

People complained about convenience over ownership and the corporations gave in to the demands. Both makers and consumers are at fault here. Also, capitalism rewards work, even bad work, so companies are motivated to continue to tweak their products and add unnecessary changes.

>DICK'S SPORTING GOODS
Not a burger but what's the specific context of a sporting goods chain being in this image?

For what reason. How would making the planet a prison benefit them in any way?

Corporations always act for a reason and that reason is always to create ever greater profits for their shareholders and they don't have time to do a mustache-twirling dastardly Dan impersonation and do something evil which they will not draw enough benefit from to make it worth the effort.

And destroying the system that has served them so well to this point and replacing it with an untested and potentially unprofitable system would not help them in any way.

They caved and decided to stop selling some types of real steel guns in their stores. Little do normalfags know that their parent company also owns another store brand that didn't do jack shit.
Not that it makes the situation any better.

>answer is guns
I guess that's the kind of logic that my mind assumed, that a sporting goods store would only sell sporting goods
>inb4 guns and hunting is a sport
you know what i mean

(((___th(:)ey___))) are scope creeping into your nervous system

>Do you think every electrical engineer in the world is a skeevy desperate fuck who n e e d s this job or else he's out on the street?

Yes, because if all the companies think alike then he has no choice because there's nowhere else to go. Besides, no industry likes whistleblowers.

Because everything in technology is pivoting into being a service, not necessarily something you buy once, but continue paying for. It's what shareholders are demanding because "growth" is stagnating, so these companies have to find new ways to
Though MS are fucking bitches, they've had multiple successive attempts to launch streaming or video services, something with apple beat them at both times by sheer persistence. It's kind of a fluke that Xbox has survived because the bean counters at MS tend to kill anything that isn't immediately profitable.

Then again every mac/ios user uses iTunes, plenty of windows users just stream via a website or install their player of choice instead of using Groove or whatever.

This meme has gone too far.

So basically Jews.

To force users to subscribe to services (and also governments like to have that power for good or evil)

You're literally fucking retarded, and prideful as fuck too. All you want to do is lecture with your retarded basic bitch level knowledge, while you're redditspacing. Fuck you, get your head screwed on straight.

>And destroying the system that has served them so well to this point and replacing it with an untested and potentially unprofitable system would not help them in any way.
The biggest corporations have always hated the free market you dolt, they are often working against it and in favor of regulation, regulation they can manipulate so that they gain a competative advantage. You have the best competative advantage if you have a monopoly. John D. Rockefeller himself said that competition is a sin. But you won't even try to understand this because you're too busy regurgitating your dumb plebbitor opinions

let me explain it for brainlets:
you can choose not to do business with a corporation you dont like
you cant decide not to pay taxes; nor can you even earmark it for services you dont disaprove of.
you cant even vote to make the laws better, because its all decided by judicial activism and corporate lobbying.

because they cant coerce you, shitty corporations are still better than shitty governments, not that theres much of a difference (see: compulsory purchases or private corporate insurance policies for cars, and now, just for being alive)