Microshit to charge monthly fee for 10

zdnet.com/article/microsofts-got-a-new-plan-for-managing-windows-10-devices-for-a-monthly-fee/

Microshit will introduce a new monthly subcription fee of $7 dollars a month. currentlly its only for enterprises but might move to normal consumers in the future.

Attached: 245.jpg (1333x900, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design
zdnet.com/article/microsofts-got-a-new-plan-for-managing-windows-10-devices-for-a-monthly-fee/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

install Gentoo

>Autist comes in to tell you not to install windows 7

>software as a service
glad i fell for the gnu/linux meme

>it's ok when blizzard does it

The idea is to drop the numerical convention in the end and its just going to be "Windows" that will auto update itself mysteriously.

This is desktop as a service sweetie

>same retarded article reposted EVERY FUCKING YEAR
Enterprise has already had this model for a decade you fucking mong, it's called site licenses.

but they could move it to normal consumers like you moron.

Enjoy no security updates

>might move to normal consumers in the future.
>might
>could

Stop spreading fud

>2007
>but they could move it to normal consumers
>2008
>2009
>2010
>2011
>2012
>2013
>2014
>2015
>2016
>2017
>2018

Attached: 1509097848119.jpg (2000x1500, 428K)

wooooooooooooooooooooowwwwwww

Attached: 1512886061739.png (661x109, 22K)

>as well as access to Microsoft Windows® source code for those customers with 1,500 or more Windows desktop licenses in certain countries
kek is this how the Windows 2000 source code was leaked?

They won’t charge the normal consumers like that because they want people to know how to use it so that it’s easier for companies to just pay Microsoft. They’re capitalising on the fact that everyone already knows how to use windows, if windows actually cost monthly money normal consumers wouldn’t use it at all and companies would use something else.

games are just entertainment.

you need whatever os you use to get actual shit done.

oh man computers are gonna get so insecure, so quick

>Using (((10)))
I seriously hope you guys don't do this

Okay, shit just got REAL! THIS will be the start of the Linux Desktop. Now we will all install Gentoo

Ok I'm about to say fuck it and go back to XP.

Wait win 2000 source code is out there...and there still isn't a relevant competitive OS??? What the fuck happened or rather didn't?

Yep, there's apparently win 10 leak as well, or at least the driver side of it.

install GuixSD

And yet react os is still shit...the fuck is wrong?

Just as predicted by user who gave us info about MS inner workings

As an MSP I can't wait, based Microsoft

>Enjoy no security updates
How do you verify any of the so called security updates actually achieve anything, especially on a proprietary operating system?

Do you have any idea what a legal clusterfuck that would be? To be 100% in the clear here, ReactOS needs to be worked on by people that haven't seen the source code. Otherwise it could be claimed that they're stealing or otherwise illegally using knowledge of proprietary code.

this
proprietary software's main probom is that you can make shit and package it with a nice glittery box.
customers will think that it's a nice glittery box and it works like one, because they can't open it

you nigger it requires you lease the whole DEVICE

Hahahahaha

I've been guess that microsoft shit will do this. first ads. then this.

*problem
fuck, i should stop text driving

a desktop is a software too, grug

people will pay it if this happens. just like they do for netflix and other shit

If you actually cared, you'd already be using a BSD or GNU/Linux, OP. You don't care, though, and Microsoft knows that.

Software patents are fucking cancer.

It's not gonna happen. Windows PCs are such a back-burner thing for almost everyone because they use phones and tablets now.

The moment they're asked to subscribe to use the same thing they used for 20 years free is the moment everyone goes "lol" and throws out their PC. Microsoft will murder their market share.

That's not patents, it's copyrights, you idiot.

Okay. OP, I'm not a big fan of Windows 10 or anything, but if MS did charge regular consumers for Windows on a monthly basis they are going to continue losing marketshare to Google, Apple, and various Linux distros as well as Nintendo and Sony for the gamers. This is clearly meant for IT workers to make their lives easier. MS does make stupid decisions but this is very unlikely to happen. Too many competitors would benefit from such a terrible mistake.

Well... GNU, Linux was always free

Attached: 1530064596761.jpg (207x222, 18K)

They will not charge money for it at the consumer level. They will make money from advertising.

No you should keep doing it until you wrap yourself around a tree

>gnu, linux
How retarded could you be, it's GNU/Linux moron.
Or GNU + Linux. But not GNU, Linux.

Patents protect inventions. Copyrights protect ideas. You idiot.

How can they charge pirates though?

I already knew this a long time ago.
They want to make a service out their OS.
It makes them more money and it gives them more control over you computer and you.

Enjoy your slave status, while I will live in a world of freedom.

hope it happens
my whole town switches to linux

/thread

doesnt most of their money come from companies that have to pay for some kind of subscription license

They can't.
OEMs would also get pissed.

I like how none of this is even remotely factual, it makes sense for enterprises where they're going straight to Microsoft for licenses anyways. Consumers RARELY buy Windows directly.

is it still out there?

too late, i'm home already

GNU: Linux
GNU-Linux
GNU & Linux

Why do you care? You're not going to use it anyway..... right?

ReactOS is a clean room implementation because of copyright law, not patent law. Clean room implementation doesn't protect you from patent law.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clean_room_design
>Clean-room design (also known as the Chinese wall technique) is the method of copying a design by reverse engineering and then recreating it without infringing any of the copyrights associated with the original design. Clean-room design is useful as a defense against copyright infringement because it relies on independent invention. However, because independent invention is not a defense against patents, clean-room designs typically cannot be used to circumvent patent restrictions.

You idiot.

test

I'm almost grown out of gaming, after that I'm going straight to Linux. I give it one year or so.

OP stfu

if/when/(never) windows becomes a pay per month OS. Then Ill switch to linux, easy nuf

Only a matter of time before linux is kill too.
Thanks redhat

penetration testing

i enjoy penetration testing your mom

Jesus, me too. Best thing I ever did for myself was dump Windows.

The same way your verify the security issue. You test it.

who?

>reading comprehension

Try it and watch the piracy rate soar.

>all the pajeets and 12 year old gaymers who cant afford windows flee my operating system
>go straight to gahnoo linux in one mass
enjoy your curry and squeakers, freetards

Attached: .jpg (680x574, 29K)

fpbp

post feet

The weak shall be purged and we will start a new era of GNU utils and POSIX computing.

Attached: 1529863412770.jpg (468x240, 53K)

>user was a little girl all along

Attached: 1529484169386.jpg (1178x694, 121K)

Sonic & Knuckles

lol this, MS already gets their cut from OEMS buying licenses. absolutely no one is going to pay a sub to use software that isn't for work

>Current year + 3
>still using Microsoft Office
You deserve to pay $7 a month if you haven't switch to free software yet

>Office
This thread is about Windows

We already had this thread a few days ago when this shit first popped up but nobody cared then,you fucking niggers.

Attached: 1532709275745.jpg (735x730, 93K)

LibreOffice is shit tho. What do you recommended for a office suite? WPS is very nice but p r o p r i e t a r y and chinese

I don't like MS but they're not gonna do this lol

Just fucking use Latex and R like a white man.

But I'm black. And I need office spreadsheets for work

Kill all pajeets and their shitty (literally) software

Attached: 1523580584200.png (1280x1280, 1.02M)

>MS makes windows S standard
>no pro/home available
>kills all older versions
>moves to $9.99 sub fee
>pajeet scammers die
>no more malware
>blue screens are gone

why would you not want this

Excel really is the killer. Word sucks, Powerpoint is just a sideways pdf with unnecessary scripting, but Excel is unmatched.

if you haven't noticed by now, the same threads keep getting spammed over and over again because there are enough newfags on a weekly basis to fuel threads

It kills the inner family IT business of people begging you to fix their win 10 piece of shit laptop for free.

I'd pay $7/mo for Excel alone, never mind the fact it comes with TB storage.

I can write documents and presentations on any fucking thing, but I need compatibility with a faggot who uses MS excel, so, yeah

>He "upgraded" to windows 10

That sounds nice, but how is moving Windows to a subscription based pricing model going to prevent malware and pajeet scammers?

That shit is possible because Windows' software model for the past 20 years has been installing software from your own sources, so normies don't think twice about running some .exe they found online.

MS is trying to change that with the advent of the Windows store, but they'll have to make it not shit, and it will take time for people to get used to it.

this

its actually not a bad idea, similar to something like apple dep where you can dropship equipment to a user, they fire it up and then it basically automatically joins their domain and gets their programs and policies. intune is supposed to be an sccm replacement and then some, but $7 is obviously negotiable and depending on what people pay for enterprise licensing among other things could very well be worth it.

but naturally Jow Forums is full of fucking retarded tools who will shill about how this means normal laptops from best buy will have a monthly fee and blah blah blah

i wanna fug maho

Excel works in Wine.

Windows has malware and all sort of things because of how much of the market they hold, so logically it has most of the attention. If linux was used in 95% of the desktop it'd have the same malware windows has

It does but I'm searching alternatived to Microsoft's fucking botnet

True, though I think that malware would be much less prevalent among the normals if software was obtained from a trusted repo, not downloaded off some website.

Most things are going to webapps though, so for most people there is less and less of a reason to run programs locally.

>zdnet.com/article/microsofts-got-a-new-plan-for-managing-windows-10-devices-for-a-monthly-fee/

what the actice is saying is that if you want updates to be faster they want you to pay up.

this is targetting IT professionals that fix up computers they say offering a service fr faster update will allow them to so its like some sort of rapid deplyment pay up system to make shops and so forth get updates before everyone else.

So doesn't that mean that prebuilds will always have an advantage over custom?

If so whoa!

Mac OS Classic had less market share but had plenty of viruses. Its security was also nonexistent. How well the OS secures itself also plays a role in how much malware it gets, and Windows security is a joke.

unironically this