Automate thing with script

>automate thing with script
>boss gets mad
kill me

Attached: 7.jpg (1115x1600, 387K)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/programmer-automates-his-job-2015-11?international=true&r=US&IR=T
manganelo.com/chapter/isekai_death_game_ni_tensou_sarete_tsurai/chapter_6
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

kys, why offload even this to some "automation scripts"

test

I bet you automated it wrong, you incompetent fuck

Don't tell your boss, idiot.

Keep automating but don't tell him.

seething non-programmers

t. can't tell the difference between double precision floats and decimal big-integers

Assuming you did it right, your boss is an idiot.
You should report the incident to human resources or his boss. If you can do something more efficiently than a worker, your company saves money. If they can't see that, you should find a job somewhere else.

>sysadmin
You get the tip anyway. Never fully automate your work. If you have a retard boss, all he cares about is that you appear to be working on something. Learned that the hard way.
>oh, it's automated now? I guess we don't need you anymore

Just fuckin lie dude if everything's accurate he'll never know

>telling your boss that you automated it
found your problem

Attached: fig1.png (640x480, 11K)

This

never tell your boss you're automating anything

if you get fired remove your scripts and delete any documentation

Based boomer nip boss
>kill me
You aren't paid to automate shit nigger, so you should NEVER tell your boss you found a way to do less work, keep it to yourself

lol i did this at my first job where i was getting paid garbage. not gonna give them all the hours i spent on that shit for free

>lol i did this at my first job where i was getting paid garbage. not gonna give them all the hours i spent on that shit for free
>Not making it web-based
>not being able to nuke it remotely

NEVER, leave your scripts around, trust me

Attached: Dorothy.jpg (213x320, 11K)

Based nips. How hard you work is more important than how much stuff you actually get done.

The bigger problem is if they can see it and you lose your job

>having a job
shiggy

You probably ignored your regular work duties and instead learned some stinky meme scripting language and then spent more time making a script to try and avoid doing your job.

>automate tasks
>tell boss
>he promotes me and asks me to automate for tasks so we can focus more on larger projects

>boss gets mad
let him get mad

what kind of commie hellhole do you live in?

what?

Attached: 8nRqoXW.jpg.png (800x729, 48K)

I was a sysadmin on a company not too long ago getting paid shit and practically doing everything on my own
Everyone was extremely annoying
I had automated the entire workload and was here all day, and then I got a better job so I went out of my way to fuck every piece of script I wrote so bad that whoever tried to use it without carefully reading it first would ruin the company

>telling your boss about it
why would you do that

oh shoot another chapter out?
I haven't seen updates for that for months

Source on mango?

>oh, it's automated now? I guess we don't need you anymore
Until it stops working.

fuck which manga was this again?

An ideal one.

>being efficient at your job

l m a o look at this fucking retard, I bet you even make the coffee when the pot is empty

ITT:
businessinsider.com/programmer-automates-his-job-2015-11?international=true&r=US&IR=T

how do i read this gook shit again? right to left? sideways? upside down?

Sounds like one of those people that loathes productivity for fear of job loss. Keep it up and topple the asswipe.

>telling him on the first place
The blame is on you desu
In office settings, you are rarely expected to operate at peak performance, you make the other people look bad.
If you automate something, just keep it for yourself and use the free time for something good for you (read, meditate, socialze if you are that kind of person, etc)

The only thing he'll be toppling is his own career

Welcome to being a sysadmin, where everyone hates you at any time.
>Everything is working like a swiss click
>Why do we even need you?
>Something breaks down
>Why do we even pay you?

This, it's what I've been doing. Taking the free time I can make to learn Linux server administration (all our servers are Windows based), since that's what the market seems to be shifting into.

90% of office jobs can be automated already. they remain as they are simply because hungry mobs in the street is not what the government wants

That sounds super fucked up. So at a job you are really not supposed to operate at peak performance? How is this not super screwed up?

I agree with the sentiment and I would do the same, but not because "not gonna give them all the hours i spent on that shit for free"

Everthing you do on company time, for the company, belongs to the company

Just do that because if someone fucks you over, and you can fuck him back and get away with it, you do it

>tfw you get job done too fast everybody will be expected to be as fast as you do
>tfw I learned to not tell boss I've finished until near deadline
>spent my free time sleeping, playing table tennis, watching youtube, etc, etc
>sometimes so bored I help my colleague with their job with advices
>never got a single complain from boss

best job ever

Would a Xeon CPU and ECC ram help in this case? To mitigate error I mean.

When everything becomes automated everyone will need a set living allowance. This is problematic in a capitalist society where everyone wants to be richer than the other. It will cause civil unrest rather than what we intended which is more free time to pursue our hobbies and be with family and friends.

I am not sure how we can solve this if robots and AI become good enough for most tasks.

If you have an IP handover clause in your contract, step 1 is important.
They might try to cuck you otherwise.

>hey let's fire that guy who saved us time, money and labor using his skills and intelligence
Sounds normal to me

Attached: fbys.jpg (599x449, 77K)

>To mitigate error
There are more opportunities for error from random bit flips (not even going into operator error) if you're doing shit manually.

Normal corporate thinking at least

why dont you just teach all of your coworkers how to automate shit? that way you all get free time without letting your boss know, you all look good, and your company stays stable with more clients?

In my line of work, everything is automated.

I cant possibly fathom a work environment where you aren’t automating something...

> >oh, it's automated now? I guess we don't need you anymore
That's a good thing, you can move on and do more complicated tasks than just sit there doing nothing.

What is this? The Smile of Excel?

saucenao and yandex failed me, what is the source?

manganelo.com/chapter/isekai_death_game_ni_tensou_sarete_tsurai/chapter_6

wew

What about the new windows core and nano type of servers? Aren't they gamechangers?

its like that in Japan with spreadsheets. They use calculators an input everything one by one instead of just using formulas to do it quicker. Its stupid, but those Japanese do things they(old people) are comfortable with.

I always wondered what people in offices typing at computers actually did. They aren't all programmers, what do the drones that hang out in offices all day actually do?
They obviously perform an important job or they wouldn't be there, but I can't think of anything a generic office worker could do that can't be automated aside from customer service.

>They obviously perform an important job or they wouldn't be there
kek

>boss finds out
>fires everyone except one maintainer

>Did you input all these data manually?
>Yeah, I had to stay a little late last night because I wanted to get it out the way but I got it all done and double checked it.
>Wonderful! Good job user!
Just lie and tell your boss what they want to hear. Why be honest? You stand nothing to gain.

Well they obviously do something, companies waste a lot of money on excess stuff they don't need but I doubt they have entire offices full of workers that do literally nothing but fill out spreadsheets.
If the extent of their work was imputing data from one form to the other and doing math, that could easily have been automated 20 years ago and they wouldn't exist. They have to be doing SOMETHING that can't be automated.

One thing about server and network administration is that you never want the newest thing out there. Stability in this area is key, and you'd rather go for an older but proven reliable version. Besides, why learn something that's still in risk of not picking up speed? When I said
>that's what the market seems to be shifting into
I meant
>I went to a few interviews already, and maybe 4 out of 5 wanted knowledge in Linux server administration

Want a practical example? Just today we set up a new print server. We've been running all our servers on WinServer2008 and considering transitioning to 2012 (yes, in 2018), but the senior admin made the mistake of jumping straight to Server 2016 on this one. We're having a shitton of issues with lack of consistency from drivers. Settings are all over the place depending of which software sends the print request.

ever notice how everything in the world is fucked these days? products are shit, people are shit, etc? this is largely why

i also used to think this way before my first full-time job

That's how it works in corporate environments. You're not fired for improving things, you're fired because you're not a 'team player'.

Shareholders, managers, and executives are not actually intelligent in the slightest m8.
The stock market is little more than legalized gambling.

>isekai

Oh well, my own fault for having expectations.

Attached: 180px-PennLeft.png (180x191, 50K)

>work as dish washer
>turn the open sign to closed so we never need to wash dishes again
>get fired
wtf

It's not really isekai.

yeah right.
>automate task
>tell boss
>boss says "good idea user, I'll see if we can't get a proper tool made for the rest of us. with a cool interface and all"
>hires pajeets, gives them your code
>result is shit
>even the part you did doesn't work anymore
>somehow it's your fault

nice job not understanding what's going on

>fully automate my MMORPG character so I don't have to play the shitty repetitive game
>brag about it on the forums
>get banned

Attached: 1522079048948.gif (475x347, 486K)

>shitting on best genre

Enjoy your shitty not-reincarnating-in-an-MMORPG-world-with-cheat-powers-and-a-harem afterlife, loser.

This is the only correct answer. Frankly, I don't even want my people to tell me this stuff unless I ask them, b/c if I know about it, I have to start adjusting headcount. Better to wait for me to ask how we can make the department more efficient, then tell me all the stuff that was done so I can make a PPT, trot it up to mgt, and get everyone off my department's back.

>They have to be doing SOMETHING that can't be automated.

The company I work for had an admin team who did this all day erry day - this is how the data they used travelled through the system:

>Customer makes an order online
>Each day the team responsible for new web orders dumps them to a spreadsheet
>Spreadsheet is parsed by some ancient Java app and churns out another spreadsheet
>Resulting spreadsheet is uploaded to third-party document-management website
>Third party parses spreadsheet and creates queue of individual orders
>Admin team logs into doc management website and is assigned each order from the queue
>Admin team manually types order data into CRM system
>Customer's order goes live

This took on average 3 days to complete from customer action to go-live date (the team had an SLA of 7 days) and from the customer's point of view they had ordered online just like Amazon, but in actual fact the data they added at the website entered this almost Terry Gilliam's Brazil-like maze of translation and duplication - it took only one person high-up to finally get it and say "hey you know, if the customer is using a computer and we're capturing what they ask for on our computer, why don't we use that computer to talk directly to our CRM?"

Admin team was made redundant in 2017, after carrying out the online order process for nearly 10 years, and I bet if you'd asked that same question maybe four or five years earlier you'd have been burned at the stake for job endangerment - these processes exist in part because large companies are like supertankers trying to do slalom courses, and partly because everyone in an admin or data-entry position knows their job is menial, repetitive and hanging by a thread, so they say nothing.

Yes

Some of us want to escape our basement prisons.

I don’t think you understand how toppling works.

Based and angrypilled.

Attached: 1512403961378.png (1100x700, 803K)

I know, right?! All our jobs would be so much easier without those pesky customers!

Attached: .png (403x448, 53K)

that is so horrible I just have to believe it.

I got information by phone calls, inserted into Excel and prepared PowerPoint

All true - the admin team was my fist position after 10 years of NEET, orders arriving by post got processed quicker than the online ones, it was fucking retarded.

>>brag about it on the forums
The sin of every person ahead of the curve in something. Don't fucking talk about it, don't joke, don't whisper to a wall or your favorite teddy bear. Shut the fuck up and enjoy the ride.

If I had a dime for every time this helped me I would be a lot more richer, I'll tell you that.

>My work consists of repetitive tasks which can be automated, after that there's nothing to do
How do you fuckers go to work every day without eating a gun? Automate the mundane, take on new tasks, automate that shit too and keep improving the world around you. Tech moves too fast for your ecosystem to ever be up to date, how you guys live with yourselves when you don't advance/improve your environment daily blows my fucking mind

This thread is relevant to my interests.
My mom got some easy office job where she is basically doing retarded unnecessary shit all day. It's sort of a gate-kept job, it's for some oral health lobbying group and it seems that only old women like her work there. She's shown me some of the things she was doing and I've already written a script for one thing, she said it helped her quite a lot. Now she was assigned to go over a spreadsheet with 300 fucking rows manually and check with a website to see if everything is fucking spelled correctly. Which means that SOMEBODY ELSE WENT THROUGH THIS WEBSITE AND MANUALLY FUCKING COMPILED THIS 300 ROW EXCEL DOCUMENT FROM THE INFORMATION THERE. They re-make this document every few months. I'm strongly considering writing a little windows forms gui program that they can just click a button and it will generate the fucking thing by looking through the website itself.

The demon girl is the 'iseaki' person. Its not really an isekai, it'd be like calling The World God Only Knows an isekai.

IT is a cost center, but management that doesn't understand that IT is core to the functioning of a modern business is doomed to fail.

kek, let the old people have their jobs and find some fulfillment in life, user

it's not isekai at all

the girl is a death god whose job is to pull people into a death game. she pulls in an office worker who completely blows her over with simple questions and logic and basically ends up mentoring her into being a competent worker. eventually she ends up interning at his job

How do you like the new one?

you know what would be fulfilling is having the job of the single IT person there. I am 99% certain he doesn't do fucking shit all day, like that google ultron copypasta. maybe I can usurp him.

In a non-software development company, your office could consist of:
>HR
>Accountants/finance
>Non-development IT staff
>Sales operations
>Marketing
>Multiple types of customer support
>Different levels of management
>Legal
>Logistics
>Administrative assistants
>QA

Then you have to figure there are the departments that actually do the "work" of the company.
>Engineers of all types
>Designers (graphic, interior, etc)
>Analysts
>Research
>Specifics to whatever the company does

hell yeah

Just write them so your mom can use them but don't tell other people at company.

Asians dont do things "more efficiently" though, they like busy work which is why all asian countries have for low levels of productivity per man hour worked and are all dirt poor.

>boss tries to automate something with a script
>it doesn't work
>we all still have to use it
>try to make better script
>get yelled at for wasting time
i fucking hate grad school. and these people have the fucking gall to try to educate us on 'mental health' after tony bourdain offs himself

Attached: SAqObA0.png (1230x248, 155K)

Work harder not smarter!

Attached: 1514568200765_1.jpg (1181x933, 88K)