What do we do when W7 support stops in 2020?

What do we do when W7 support stops in 2020?

Attached: pepe worried.jpg (964x912, 56K)

Other urls found in this thread:

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_distributions_without_systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Operating_systems_without_systemd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Stop using it

And use what alternative? 8.1 is pretty shit

Nothing?

without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Linux_distributions_without_systemd
without-systemd.org/wiki/index.php/Operating_systems_without_systemd

Linux or BSD

install guix, faggots

Attached: 1530484003478.png (1422x1275, 205K)

The same we did when Windows XP support stopped in 2014. Being on a proper OS;.

Win10 LTSB

Move onto botnet 8.1

8.1 is ok

Give me TWO reasons on why you fags always hate 8.1. It works perfectly fine and even rivals windows 10

Attached: 1361279053612.png (193x247, 93K)

>support stops in 2020
It doesn't. 7 is currently supported until October 2021.

4GB VRAM limit in DX9.
No ability to disable composition.
OneDrive integration.
Non-removable Store application.
Half-arsed Metro UI.

>Any DX9 game using more than 4GB

On high resolutions such as 4k or multi monitorsetups with AA many games do.

There are people still using XP to this day and likely they still will in 2020, so W7 shouldn't be a problem.

>tfw using Windows ten
Implying I give a fuck

Keep using it long after. What, you think security updates are absolutely vital? Considering that the entirety of July was MS fixing their mistakes and recalling security patches due to them breaking windows even more, I doubt it.

We keep using it because you shouldn't expect security on windows anyways.

Same thing people did when XP ended. They kept fucking using the damned thing.

This but unironically

keep using it until it doesn't do what I want it to do anymore then go find something else

Keep using it or switch to
a. Gentoo
b. ReactOS
c. Windows XP
d. Longhorn pre-reset

>On high resolutions such as 4k or multi monitorsetups with AA many games do.
Who even plays games with only DX9 support in 4K and multiple monitors? I doubt those even support 4K if there are no remastered versions.

Stop being a fag. Alot of older games are more fun than today's AAA walking exposition simulators. And alot were coded with no specific hard locks for resolutions

I'm still using the original Windows 7 from 2009 with no updates or service packs. It works. It will continue to work after 2020.

Install Ubuntu

I don't care really, as I've quit gaming. Is it true that OneDrive integration can't be disabled?

run it in a VM on linux.
Problem solved.

No idea as I use Win 7.
At work though we use 10, One drive is pre-installed, and you need to run scripts to hide it. Never looked into if it can be completely removed

>I doubt those even support 4K
Most games don't have hardcoded resolutions. They will even run in very weird resolutions such as 2242x1348 with no problems.

>Is it true that OneDrive integration can't be disabled
You can't. You'd have to butcher the OS, like booting into a Linux Live distro and deleting files from System32. It will not only result in sfc failing but you may run into other issues when a program check for Window' integrity.

Continue using Windows 10 pro.

>we
???

Linux is a kernel, retards.

Keep using openBSD I guess

>i eat shit with both hands

>freetard cope

>omnomnomnom omg all this shit!!nomnomnom

continue seething, my gahnooloonix friend

>slurpslurpslurp. ahhh, it's the juicy part

enjoy no games cuck lol

What do you mean? 7 runs every game worth playing.

poorshit loser with stinkpad detected

I'll unironically switch to linux, all games I play work natively anyways

sauce on this?

Who /8.1 crew/?

the same thing we're doing now... use linux

>caring about support at all
I've stuck with XP as long as the programs I use kept running on them, then switched to Win7, it was great, I never updated a thing and I'm glad I didn't install all those telemetry updates, if the update fixes a major bug I just install it separately if possible.
It never broke down on me, if it works then I see no reason to update, I just hate whatever the fuck Win10 is.

8.1:

>Pros
-Is more stable than Windows 10
-Has less updates to worry about, but it's still being updated and supported. Still gives you more control over them as well, just like 7.
-Has native drivers for USB 3.0 and more hardware works well out of the box.
-Works really fast, even with older computers (old 8.1 tablets work much faster with it than 10)
-Supports Windows 7 drivers without that many issues
-Supports new features such as hybrid boot and optimizing SSDs
-Has better memory management than 7
-Doesn't forcefully replace (or make exponentially more difficult to access) every good, already working part of the system (for instance, the control panel) with an app

>Cons
-The start menu looks shitty

Come on nigga do the switch

I keep hearing this over and over, can you people mention 2 games that are not Skyrim with titty mods that have this issue?

The only game I would want to play at a high resolution that way (that is also old as fuck and would require proper scaling for the menu, otherwise couldn't see shit) is Deus Ex. I have my doubts about Deus Ex requiring over 4GB of VRAM at 4K.

There will be a lot of people and companies staying in the bunker and keep using 7, especially in China. I have gone back to 7 on all my PCs because I hate the forced updates of 10 plus the adware and that damn “dunnalol” sound it keeps making when 10 is sperging out. Firefox will probably keep supporting it for a few more years and then there will be Basilisk after that.

>ReactOS
Pretty much the only decent option.

Attached: tianjinn.webm (398x720, 2.85M)

8.1 with classic shell then ReactOS or a GNU/Linux distro.

i thought w7 stopped getting support a little after XP did

Attached: 1422479572651.png (1260x679, 1.55M)

That was mainstream support in 2015. It still has extended support (security updates only).

keep one or two new spare MOBO and CPU at hand.

Why do people on here meme so hard about hating systemd? I just got into Linux within the past year and writing systemd launch scripts/daemons is nice and easy

and you can use Classic Start and never use the Metro UI at all

bumping

Keep using Windows 10 Professional (FREE and GREAT)

This.
Notice how no other poster wants to reply to this post. Its because its the truth. No one in their right mind constantly updates their OS. Only consumer retards do.
>inb4 consumer retards spout off propaganda about security mandates updates or bad guys on the internet will rape you daily
Grow up ffs. If you depend on corporations to protect you your doing it wrong. Learn to stay safe through actions and practices children.

install gentoo

>t. Still living under parents roof

GNU/Linux.

>this is what wincucks actually believe

Because actual functionality makes incels nauseous.

8.1 is good. Run fine in my potato machine with 2GB of RAM. I like it more than Nanami.
But XP is still my OSfu.

It's browser devs that really control when people upgrade OS

Have fun watching the faggots that get affected by it.

you rely on W support?

* kde neon

And this. Cannot say that I into disagree. Notice how I not respond to nother post. Fugg all that handing my security over to for profit corpos n sheet. They in bed with crooked dotgov and more. Dogspeed.

You can uninstall it with a Powershell script. If you ever go on windows 10 look for a GitHub guide to uninstall all the bullshit and it will actually be decent.

upgrade to windows 10 like a normal human being?

t. Bill Gates

Skyrim 4k with a crap ton of mods