Microsoft Surface Book 2

Does anyone else have any experience with this?
Orignally I was going to get a macbook, but too expensive. Then I looked at the dell xps but shit keyborad. Then the X1 Carbon but and finally this.
It seems like a great device, just wish it had the updated quad core i5.
Has anyone here had any experience with this?

Attached: Surface-Book-2.jpg (1257x584, 195K)

Early adopter tax. It doesn't work properly, but it's very interesting hardware.
Surface Pro and Go tablets are much better.

The idea of it is very interesting indeed. Being able to take the screen off and using it as a actual tablet leaves all the other 2 in 1 designs in the dust. And the screen res being 3:2 would make using the 13.5 inch a dream.
Do you know if there any plans of a surface book 3?

M A T E B O O K
A
T
E
B
O
O
K

It's a great idea, but the implementation is just bad. Tablet has a smaller battery then the keyboard, and only gets 2-3 hrs battery life disconnected.
Microsoft is very tight-lipped about their product releases.

Hmm interesting. I know you can plug headphones into the screen part, I wonder if you can also charge just the screen part, or if it needs to be connected to the keyboard.
And yeah I thought that might be the case. Cheers

You can charge the tablet part by itself.

Too expensive imo

i dont' like that the thing doesn't close flat, same with the surface laptop

also MS expected new stuff in 1-3 months but their cycles are shit and they keep alternating stuff so who knows

Attached: 248497-L-LO.jpg (400x400, 6K)

Have the surface book 1, they keyboard on it is absolutely fantastic, easily a top 3 contender for best in the world imo. However, the device will only be worth it to you if you are drawing/taking handwritten notes often, otherwise just get a regular laptop. Just don't get the surface laptop, that thing isn't worth it for the price.

Surface Book is similarly priced, if not more expensive, to/than the MacBook Pro.

Literally a tablet on life support.

Go ahead and be stupid for buying anything else than a MacBook Pro

Attached: image.jpg (2048x1536, 1.26M)

Why would you get a Surface Book over. Surface Pro for drawing? The Surface Book has no hinge to set it up comfortably to draw on. With the Surface Book you have to hold the back of the display to stop if from wiggling back and forth.

I prefer it over the pro, even for drawing. True, in the laptop mode using it for drawing isn't advisable, but reversing it and then flattening the screen then gives you a couple degrees, which I found to be fine. Go to a tech store and try it out, see which you like best.

I deal with MS surface devices on the enterprise level. Avoid their hardware like the plague. 10% hardware failure in the first 6 months, any cosmetic damage voids your warranty even if the fault is clearly unrelated, most third parties wont even try to repair them, ridiculous apple markup and shitty, shitty hardware. Buy a dell, a hp, a panasonic, a huawei, fucking buy anything but a surface.

Why should you get a surface over a thinkpad + tablet combo?

I would skip the Surface Book 2 because Nvidia is launching new GPUs and Microsoft will adopt them for Surface Book 3 or whatever

Absolutely top notch hardware. There are just a few little gripes to make about ports, but in practice it has what it needs. Solid build quality.

Touch screen and pen hardware is superlative. A dream. Attach the screen backwards for an easel.

Powerful enough to be a solid development machine. 4C/8T, 16 GB.

Battery life is fantastic but you have to explore the voltage envelope on the CPU and GPU, factory settings are way too high, resulting in excess heat, throttled performance and reduced battery life. Use the Throttlestop program.

And Windows 10 is a giant stinking diarrhea dump. But you know that going in.

Not a fan of grey/silver laptops desu

Did you not see pic related, user? It's a Chinese manufacturer, but they're trying to break into the market so they've produced a really good machine at a rather low price. It's endorsed by Microsoft too, so you can get buy it from them and get a discount/warranty.

Attached: huawei_matebook_x_pro.jpg (960x540, 64K)

Glossy screen ewww

Anyone used a Surface Go yet? Seems like fairly inexpensive package I can get the 8GB/128GB model with a pen and keyboard for $780.

Attached: surfacego.png (1500x938, 1.78M)

You can get a chink copy for half the price

anything specific you can recommend?

Most chink surfaces have garbage battery life, awful keyboards and terrible kickstands. If xaiomi offered one it might be decent, but then it'd cost just as much as the Surface Go anyway.

I had one, the $1800 version of the first surface book, it ran really well and had a great screen and could game a little but I got rid of it in favor of something more affordable (not a mac)

I really think its worth holding off, by black friday we'll see bundle deals, maybe the new year at the outset.