Why companies keep using chromium as their browser for their clients ? even leaving the botnet aside...

Why companies keep using chromium as their browser for their clients ? even leaving the botnet aside, its so resource hungry and inefficient my computer yells kill me

Attached: DI2sodZ-1.jpg (1080x1350, 139K)

It is the fastest browser that isn't Edge
People like fast stuff

why is everyone on Jow Forums using a 10 year old computer?
oh right you're all unemployed NEETS who think C is still relevant

i have a 8700k with a 1080ti , 32 3000mhz ram, i was obviously exaggerating but the amount of resources it takes is just stupid

isnt firefox a tiny bit slower but uses way less

placebo matey

Try not running it on a toaster

Omg, stop posting my pictures here! :(

Nope
Perhaps it was like that 10 years ago. Now it is at least as demanding as Chrome with the same process-per-tab architecture

oh so you're just worrying over nothing. unless you're editing videos on quad monitors at the same time you shouldn't even notice

>32gigs of ram, 8700K
Are you fucking serious? You probably also have an SSD, or two in RAID-0. You're literally the kind of person who is willing to pay to compensate for performance deficiencies in software. ANY performance difference between chrome and irefox will be completely unnoticable on such hardware

Which companies and for which clients? Why does this matter?

what if im speaking for a friend? its not about me i was just wondering why people keep loving this garbage called chorme

>Perhaps it was like that 10 years ago. Now it is at least as demanding as Chrome with the same process-per-tab architecture
Liar, liar pants on fiar. Firefox puts several tabs in a single proccess. If a process crashes, it takes several tabs with it but not all of them.
This is way more efficient, especially with a lot of tabs open, and on fact Chrome is going to adopt the same model.
>b-b-but some user posted a screencap of FF using a bazillion RAM!
Those aren't reliable tests because we never can see what Mr Shill has open with those tabs. Plus, the memory leaks with Quantum are bugs and seem to be hardware-bound. Some PCs just use more memory than others.

I use a 10 year old computer (actually just 9) because it still works. Why do you feel the need to upgrade just for the sake of having the latest? I can browse websites with a loading time of less than a second. 4k videos play just fine at 60 FPS in mpv.

it's about you thinking $20 of RAM is more valuable than thousands of hours of manpower

>man my car has such poor milage, what should I do?
DUDE just buy more gas LMAO

Attached: kisspng-face-with-tears-of-joy-emoji-discord-social-media-ok-emoji-5b14f5e968eda5.418329401528100329 (1000x1000, 109K)

Chrome has always been cruddy never understood why it caught on

It's like whining that your car only gets 10000 mpg and we should try to squeeze out that extra 1 mpg at the cost of millions of dollars

It uses so much because it can

i use opera for a browser, it uses half the resources and works the same, maybe even better.

Who's this semen demon?

It's me. OP posted this picture without my consent :(

Don't listen to that is an imposter. It is ME in the picture :(

Omg, this is never ending! Stop impersonating me!! :(

It updates itself.

Is it can't run current software, then IT DOESNT WORK.

Umm what? Running Arch Linux fully updated right now and using latest version of Firefox.

>yfw their chromium install is outdated

You know the rules....

OH NO ALL THE RESOURCES I HAVE PURCHASED ARE BEING UTILISED PROPERLY WHAT A DAY

Firefox is much slower even on Linux not to mention on my Android phone.

except in that example if processing power was gas then gas would cost $0.01 per gallon

There are proper test but I assume you didn't post any cause Firefox doesnt actually use less RAM.

and so do I

>firefox is slower on OS made by google

Call the press, now

all the software you use is written in c you fucking gymboid

the nose knows

Almost same setup here, i74960k though.
I really don't care about performance of a webbrowser, even if it uses upwards of 3gigs of ram or so.

Me on the right

i have a cousin who looks exactly like that

Holy fuck, you can see the missing chromosomes in her face, but dem titties man.

Fuck sake I stared at that picture for about 30 seconds before I realised why I was staring.

steam's chromium is like 6 years old lol

>MILKERS

I came here to post this